Moving To Chiang Mai

Krupnik

Hi

I'm about to go to Chiang Mai to live, and although I do have a friend or two from home who live there essentially I will be alone, so I'm looking to make new friends and meet new people! So just wondered if there is anyone else in Chiang Mai in a situation like me? I'm female in my late twenties by the way. I am training to teach in January (doing the CELTA) so also if anyone is a teacher in Chiang Mai or a new teacher or training to be one etc, I would love to hear from you too.

So if you fancy meeting for a drink or two in Chiang Mai then please get in touch, reply here etc!

Cheers

Howdy Miss Krupps

I'm one of the semi-salty old hands at CM, and a guy, but let me assure you there are plenty of girls here your age that you'll run into sure enough. Make sure to get to pub n quiz nights at the UN Irish Bar or at Tuskers, where the lovely young Brit Rachel is one of the owners (I know... she's very much taken! by hubby (?) Chaz, also a charming fellow). She's (Rachel) about your age, or at least looks 20-something, and knows most of the local young ladies. Drop in there and you'll be exposed to most of the major groups of gals gallivanting about town.

Tonight I was at a Matoom Art Studio opening across from the UN Irish Pub n saw easily another 20 lovely gals from around town that I run into every now n then. If you insert yourself int o happening parts of society around town it's no trouble finding friends and something to do.

welcome, from slightly salty, old RTD!

:D Tuskers has a Friday night get together for Teachers here in Chiang Mai and that would

be an ideal place to find some friends and gather information. Chas and Rachael

do their absolute best to welcome everyone and create a great environment for meeting

others.

Since you are doing some training before you look for work you should request that

the training school put you in touch with some of their graduates so you can get an good idea of how

good the program is before you begin. If they are a good reputable operation that should

be more than happy and willing to do that. :o

Thanks for these guys, Chas and Rachel have already been in touch and I'm going to head to Tuskers after I arrive in a few days time.

Thanks for your other suggestions too, very helpful.

Keep them coming and anyone else who wants to meet up!

Thanks!!