Alcohol Availability In Bars & Supermarkets & 7-11

libya 115

Friday is business as usual.. Though I'm not going out, I'm savig myself for the weeked, when alcohol sales are banned..

IM ON A MISSION FROM GOD!!!

And WILL get wasted... :o It's so much more fun to sneak around.. Honestly I think it's the best days/nights of the year. You get to pray on desperate bored girls with nowhere to go, nowhere to drink.. It's awesome.

What is the score this weekend. will I be able to drink alcohol in bars tomorrow (December 21st 2007) and be able to stock up from 7-11 or a supermarket store?

as far as im aware we have been told 1800 on sat to 2400 sunday midnight now thats bars so im assuming its the same law???

so best get some in today to be on safe side!

Now we had a party outside bar last night and the police came on the microphone on soi 6 and said, i dont speak Thai so im getting this off staff who maybe want a day off, but he was ment to have said

"dont open bars between 6pm sat and midnight sun"

so as usual, i have no idea and wont know till its over libya! :o

come on bertie basset whats your take on it?

chris

What is the score this weekend. will I be able to drink alcohol in bars tomorrow (December 21st 2007) and be able to stock up from 7-11 or a supermarket store?

I find myself constantly amazed and a little saddened that the "no Alcohol" subject appears to be a matter of life and death to so many people on this forum. I get the impression that without their daily slurping,or guzzling their lives will just go into limbo. Why cant they give their livers a well deserved rest for 24 hours?.Its not going to kill them...or if it does..then they dont have to worry anymore.

By no means am I anti alcohol,I enjoy my drink,but when I see some.,mainly expats and visitors I think,I feel a short break from their constant drinking would do them no harm at all.

I would add that back in the UK I have owned and managed quite a few bars...I have seen the effects of over enthusiastic drinking. sadly I also see it here.

Edited by gennisis

as far as im aware we have been told 1800 on sat to 2400 sunday midnight now thats bars so im assuming its the same law???

Now we had a party outside bar last night and the police came on the microphone on soi 6 and said, i dont speak Thai so im getting this off staff who maybe want a day off, but he was ment to have said

chris

Funfun,

you can't SERVE or SELL aclcohol between the hours you stated, nothing to say you have to close your bar. I know last time the BiB drove around Pattaya between 6 and 7pm on the Sunday saying you could now start serving, as the polls close at 3-30, I believe.

chris

Funfun,

you can't SERVE or SELL aclcohol between the hours you stated, nothing to say you have to close your bar. I know last time the BiB drove around Pattaya between 6 and 7pm on the Sunday saying you could now start serving, as the polls close at 3-30, I believe.

Its a difficult one this

last week we didnt sell alcohol, not to me or my mates etc and put a big sign up No Alcohol etc and dont ask the staff only coke tea & coffee etc

then all the staff decieded to turn off the lights and music???

so im saying, now that looks like we are hiding somthing turn them all back on as we have nothing to hide!

did they go back on, NO, & im a stupid falang and dont know the rules!!!

Now coupled with us getting a ban from opening the bar for a month earlier this year (was my fault i may add) add that to the bars or rumours of them getting a 3 month ban and storys of 100,000 kicking about!

so yesterday everyone saying the same the police said Bar close sunday Not open????

no idea??

still getting used to Thailand so ill probobly shut, not saying youre wrong sweetchariot, but its probobly easier and less of a gamble, and hey were having a big xmas party on 25th so itll all be forgot about then!

chris