Where To Send My Driver For A General Health Check.

StrongView

I want to send my driver for a health check, somewhere on Sukhumvit. I had called Samitivej and they gave me a price of 1600 thb for a "Pre-Employment Health Check-up". Covered most bases...did Hep check and TB (what I'm mainly concerned with). Anyway, he got to Samitivej and they upped the price to 2500 thb. When asked why, they simply said "increase from last year" which really makes no sense since I just called 20 mins earlier to ask the price.

In any case, I don't want to spend all that much, but would like a decent health check to make sure this guy doesn't have TB or any diseases really, and is mentally sound (he's 65 yrs old).

Can anyone suggest a location where I can find a service like this without getting the farang price? I'm sure it exists. Thanks a bunch. Word.

once we need a health check, we sent the motorbike guy to a friendly doctor, he came back 10 min. later with many checks OK, signature and stamp from the doc. Price 50 Baht and didn't even need to see the guy who should have been checked.

What does one do if one discovers that the employee is a carrier of hepatitis or is HIV+ etc.? I ask the question for 2 reasons, 1) Is one prepared to toss the worker out and 2) There are avenues of redress for aggrieved workers terminated for physical conditions. For example, several human rights in conjunction with public health organizations have been putting pressure on some multinationals that HIV status is not grounds for termination if it does not have an impact on the job. There have been several cases (settled discreetly) involving such situations.

Obviously, one doesn't want someone with hepatitis handling food, but what do you do? It's easy for me to follow the protocol but I don't have live in staff and I don't have kids to worry about. Someone testing his/her staff is going to have this situation, so it might as well be dealt with at the same time.