True Is Blocking Some Pages

hellsis

I have been on vacation down in the south for three weeks and when I come home to bangkok again it seams like my true 2mbit can´t connect to several pages.

Like:

www.expressen.se (a big swedish newspaper)

www.sweclockers.com (an swedish computer site)

and then they seams to have blocked ports which is sending traffic from clientprograms to www.betsson.com and www.pokeracesoftware.com

I am irritated big time. I am going to call them and ask why but first I post here and see if it is maybe only some temporary.

YES the list is endless, EVEN local Thai sites!! legit business sites, my friends wedding photo site, Classic Car sites.....

but other posts on here all about TRUE blocking have all been removed, it appears your not allowed to tell anyone.

I don't know about True blockin those but Hotmail page isn't working over here since last night.

Appears to be a problem with people that use IE, I use Firefox no problem, tried IE and was a problem [friend phoned to tell me hotmail was not working]

There appeared to be a major proxy problem this morning and no sites, including this, were coming up - I removed the TRUE proxy and connected direct and have not had any more problems. Have just restored using proxy and no problem so hopefully fixed. No problem using your first example of Expression.se as loaded right up, using the proxy.

Appears to be a problem with people that use IE, I use Firefox no problem, tried IE and was a problem [friend phoned to tell me hotmail was not working]

Thanks ignis & lopbuti3.

Edited by legag

Again folks: If they were blocking websites, you would see the usual statement of "this web is inappropriate yadda yadda yadda". If you're not seeing that, then it's just a bad configuration problem on either your side (unlikely) or their side (normal), which may or may not be fixed, since their engineers are incompetent. In other words, it's not censorship, just stupidity.

Again folks: If they were blocking websites, you would see the usual statement of "this web is inappropriate yadda yadda yadda". If you're not seeing that, then it's just a bad configuration problem on either your side (unlikely) or their side (normal), which may or may not be fixed, since their engineers are incompetent. In other words, it's not censorship, just stupidity.

Yes many just say not found.. yet there are of course there it is just True.

I am a member of filehippo [legit software site]

I am a member of Driver Detective,

Game giveaway of the day,

Mercedes Classic Cars Thailand,

Friends business website Chain Works, he makes everything out of steel..

Friends granddaughters wedding day.++++ at least 10 others, non of these can I get now

All these come up as

http://58.97.5.29/ yet if I drive into BKK to see friends can get all these sites on there Computer [NOT TRUE/ASIANET]

So these webs site are NOT inappropriate.. yet blocked by TRUE.. NOT by Thailand Ministry

The last post about this was removed, I realy have no idea why ? All I am trying to do is seek advise as to what to do, if others had the same problem and what did they do ? is it some settings not correct with my PC ?

Yes many just say not found.. yet there are of course there it is just True.

I am a member of filehippo [legit software site]

I am a member of Driver Detective,

Game giveaway of the day,

Mercedes Classic Cars Thailand,

Friends business website Chain Works, he makes everything out of steel..

Friends granddaughters wedding day.++++ at least 10 others, non of these can I get now

All these come up as

http://58.97.5.29/ yet if I drive into BKK to see friends can get all these sites on there Computer [NOT TRUE/ASIANET]

So these webs site are NOT inappropriate.. yet blocked by TRUE.. NOT by Thailand Ministry

The last post about this was removed, I realy have no idea why ? All I am trying to do is seek advise as to what to do, if others had the same problem and what did they do ? is it some settings not correct with my PC ?

It seems that True have taken to the censorship stallion and started blocking things of their own accord, I thought that the new law required that a court order was need? Since they have started this STUPDITY, I can't even acces my hotmail, seems like they are taking incompetance to new levels!

Try changing your DNS servers away from the True ones.

(I've always found that relying as little as possible on their server configuration abilities is a good idea.)

Personally, I use openDNS - just change your DNS server to 208.67.222.222, and alternate to 208.67.220.220 (the website has instructions if you don't know how)

You may also have to clear the DNS cache (by "repair"ing the connection)