Tourist Visa Limit?

Hi all! Is there a limit on the number of tourist visas one person can get successively? Thanks! :o

I have a more specific question:

Has anyone been given the "No more Tourist Visa's" stamp at a consulate in the US?

Thanks

Is it advisable to apply for the tourist visas in different consulates? I'm a freelance writer and I travel a lot. I spend most of my time in Thailand, though, cz the boyfriend is here. In a month's time, I'll have to get my third tourist visa. I got my first one in Penang and the second in HongKong and so far I don't have those scary "don't apply" stamps. :o

In response to Sam6345;

In September I called 7 of the Honorary Thai Consulates located throughout the US, as I wanted another Non-Immigrant Type O Multi Entry Visa this year. None would give me another one. Every one of the consulates said they would issue me a 60 Day Tourist Visa with Triple Entry so with extensions gotten locally it would have been nearly 9 months of residence here. I went the ED visa route instead as a trip home was the same as a year's thai language schooling.

The consulates in the US to my knowledge are NOT putting stamps in your passport like you hear about from Penang, and other Thai Embassies located in S/E Asian. I would contact them, but as Christmas in the US is a HUGE time off work holiday compared to here, I doubt you'd get an answer from them before the New Year.

In response to Sam6345;

In September I called 7 of the Honorary Thai Consulates located throughout the US, as I wanted another Non-Immigrant Type O Multi Entry Visa this year. None would give me another one. Every one of the consulates said they would issue me a 60 Day Tourist Visa with Triple Entry so with extensions gotten locally it would have been nearly 9 months of residence here. I went the ED visa route instead as a trip home was the same as a year's thai language schooling.

The consulates in the US to my knowledge are NOT putting stamps in your passport like you hear about from Penang, and other Thai Embassies located in S/E Asian. I would contact them, but as Christmas in the US is a HUGE time off work holiday compared to here, I doubt you'd get an answer from them before the New Year.

Thanks Tod. I will probably take your advice and call the consulates after the new year.

Read this thread for more information.

It appears the writing is on the wall. :o

In your home country, at least Europe, there is not and there will never be a limit on turist Visa. The consulate in Italy welcome turists, they just will look at the return ticket....and double entry visa are cheaper than extension.