Noodle Stall

whats a noodle stall.?

is it like a noodle cart.

and why do you want to buy one...............lol.

is it to help needy rural peeple.........then god bless you.

Your pendantry and helpfulness knows no bounds... :o

Happy Christmas :D

RAZZ

Soundman may be able to give you some information on this. He was investigating something similar for his service station. I think Christmas may slow down is response.

Some of the common stalls are like a franchise, for your sign-up you get training and a stall.

Something must be available new, as have I recently seen a number of new mobile stalls go past, complete with new bike and umbrella, so I guess the government loans helped out there. In the Pattaya area there are a number places that make the static stalls and the mobile ones, they are on the back blocks away from the expensive rents. I know that is not CM but look closer to where the services like car repairs and small manufacturing are located, there may be something in that area.

There is a metal fabrication shop near Chang Puak road that we deal with. one day 3 years ago they were making and all stainless steel cart about 8' long which was one of the finest examples of SS work I have seen. at that time it was $1200. I will try to find the phone number for you PM me if I forget to post it later. Ray

There is a metal fabrication shop near Chang Puak road that we deal with. one day 3 years ago they were making and all stainless steel cart about 8' long which was one of the finest examples of SS work I have seen. at that time it was $1200. I will try to find the phone number for you PM me if I forget to post it later. Ray

Ray...you're a star :D

Thank God there are a few people like you on TV as opposed to the others :o

RAZZ

Some ideas in this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140830

Update: We have ended up with two small franchises - 5 Star Chicken & "Chai See" (Four brothers) noodles. Both are selling well.

On a good month the 5 star chicken is clearing about 27,000B gross - before rent, gas and electricity. My estimate is the sub-letee is clearing about 18 - 20k. Long hours though.

In addition there are about four to eight little motorbike stalls that come and go & pay a minimal rent for selling for a day.

Cheers,

Soundman.

There is a Thai guy here in town near a night market who sells HawyTawt (Oyster pancake) but he uses the cheaper mussells instead... just a cart on the sidewalk with a few tables but most is take away. He has 2 dishes: one at 30 baht and a fish dish at 40 baht but most seem to order the 30 baht dish. He has minimal prep time: batter, chop the green onions, wash the bean sprouts etc.

My research method: Count the eggs. Each dish uses one egg and each flat contains 30 eggs. So if he has a stack of 5 flats (more on the weekends) that is 150 eggs or a minimum 4500 baht per night... has his wife and sometimes his daughter for help. Sidewalk rental, elec and water, and propane. No other expenses except ingredients and packaging. What a racket.

torre

give us a rundown what a franchised noodle stall can expect to make in pattaya.

No idea for a stall but I've looked at a noodle restaurant (not a posh one obviously).

Off the top of my head, I suspect you can sell for Bt25 and your ingredients cost between Bt5 and Bt10. If you say Bt10 for all inward costs (gas, replacement bowls, chopsticks, water etc.) then you make a gross of Bt15 each bowl. To make Bt1000 a day then you have to sell 67 bowls. Depending upon location you may be able to open late at night or early in the morning. Lunch trade would be a necessity in some locations. If you only have 6 stools and people take 10 minutes to eat their noodles then you can serve 60/10*6 = 36 people an hour at peak times.

Is it feasible ? No idea !