Single People Who Live In Condos

Jingthing

Single Condo dwellers, how do you clean it?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hey friend, I hate having a maid in my house all the time, ought the wife and now have maid in twice a week for about 5-6 hours, clean and pressed clothes and clen floors, we can do dishes, maybe could have her do more dusting and stuff but I enjoy my privacy, no odd person wandering around my house all the day

live in maid for almost 5 years. Began at Bt5,000 now pulls down Bt7,000. Does everything and makes life much easier. Problems will arise if random females who visit your home try to get the maid to hand wash underwear or other garments. If your girlfriend is younger than your maid you will have to deal with seniority issues. The maid will try to run the show unless you re-train and explain the ground rules with each new girlfriend.

Myself.

One: like privacy.

Two: Its only small, so no need.

Thee: ..and main reason. Because i actually quite enjoy it. I find it relaxing and contemplative.

Have an evening cleaning ritual where i tidy everything away and wash the floor, light some incense and chill out.

Love waking up to a nice clean apartment.

Myself.

One: like privacy.

Two: Its only small, so no need.

Thee: ..and main reason. Because i actually quite enjoy it. I find it relaxing and contemplative.

Have an evening cleaning ritual where i tidy everything away and wash the floor, light some incense and chill out.

Love waking up to a nice clean apartment.

You clean the floor every night? I could never do that. Is it a tile floor? Do you use soap because I think if you mop it everyday there is no need for soap very often, just sweep and mop with water.

The funny thing about cleaning is that if you do if often, it is easy, but if you wait until things get filthy, it is very hard.

Edited by Jingthing

The funny thing about cleaning is that if you do if often, it is easy, but if you wait until things get filthy, it is very hard.

^^^ heheh true true.

I really have a small place and yes mop it quickly most nights. I have a really easy squigy sponge mop where i just pull a leaver to get rid of excess water. I gen just stick a tiny drop of washing up liquid in the bucket then run it over the floor. Every 3 weeks -4 weeks I have a "proper" clean with a scrubby brush and some diluted bleach and wipe down surfaces, clean fridge, sliding doors etc.

THing is..i really am a bit of an organiser. I like my home tidy, and take pleasure in simple cleaning up. So maybe i do it in excess? However, i never get any bugs/ants or things...so well maybe its good i like to clean.

Im planning to move to a house soon, and even then ill do my own cleaning. I really dont mind and as i said..i enjoy it.

However, if i had a partner and was working full time, i would appreciate some extra help about once a week. Esp with things like washing and ironing.

edit: yes its a tile floor.

Edited by eek

• 5 months later...

I am not really single but when it comes to housecleaning, I might as well be. My partner is a middle class Thai who grew up with not only a maid but an older sister and mother and was waited on hand and foot, and doesn't know what a mop is for. I have always had a part-time maid in the US and Canada. But in Bkk I have a live-in maid and it is certainly one of the greatest joys of living in LOS. I found someone who knows what to do without being told, how to do it and who is completely unobtrusive. We are lucky to have found such a gem. He is also a good cook, both Thai and western, having worked in a number of Bkk restaurants.

My parents were perfectionists and always said if you want a job done properely do it yourself. I soon learnt it was true people often let you down or simply dont understand what doing it properely means. I often clean with toothbrushes and cotton buds!! I like to keep all my things looking brand spanking new.

My parents were perfectionists and always said if you want a job done properely do it yourself. I soon learnt it was true people often let you down or simply dont understand what doing it properely means. I often clean with toothbrushes and cotton buds!! I like to keep all my things looking brand spanking new.

Seek Help! :o

and stay away from your balcony till you are cured!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no one can do it as well......................did i mention i rent condos here and would you want it even slightly dirty if you were looking ?

Naam i would only jump off a clean balcony after first putting a tarpaulin on the target zone below to avoid any unnecessary spillage!!!

No one's offered this answer yet... so I will...and..I'm sure I can't be the only one among the guys...

I'm single and have no maid, live-in or otherwise... though have received many offers from local Thais who know I live (mostly) alone.... "You take care of your own home???" they ask with (I suspect mock) astonishment.

I don't have/keep a maid because, of all the things I can spend my money on in Thailand to enjoy my life, paying a maid isn't anywhere near the top of my list.

Likewise, I don't want to have to worry about giving someone else the keys to my home, or making sure I'm going to be home when a maid is due to come, or even more, making sure I'm not in the middle of something interesting just at the time the hired help is supposed to be popping by. And I really don't want to have to navigate the pecking order between a GF and the maid...

Yet at the same time, I neither live in a pig-pen nor am I prowling my place daily with toothbrush and cotton buds...

I do the immediate things I have to do..like washing clothes in the washing machine and cleaning the dishes, to keep the buggies away... But everything else, I do just when I notice something's looking a little dirty...whether it be floors or counters or windows... maybe once a week... maybe once a month...depending on how much free time I have at home...

Every now and again, I'm fortunate to have a feminine companion who's not only good fun, but who also takes pity on my solitary life and embarks on a cleaning mission around my home... always absolutely without my asking or even suggesting....

Sometimes that's nice... Sometimes not so good.... The last lady I recall decided she wanted to start dusting the rarely used (hence dusty) desktop phone that sits on my kitchen counter... So she took the clean towel I use to dry clean dishes, and began wiping/brushing the dust off the phone... right onto a glass of orange juice I had sitting nearby....

So I ended up with a modestly clean phone... but a dusty/dirty kitchen towel and dusty (and now undrinkable) orange juice... As Bruce Springsteen once said... "One step up and two steps back...."