New Year In Patong

jezchesters

Hi,

Me and the missus are heading down to Patong for New Years. The missus' folks are over here from the UK so will most likely just be doing the beach during the day. I've been to Phuket a few times, and kind of know my way around, but have a couple of questions...

1) What's the weather been like and what's it likely to do over the next week? (Just so we can think up some other options should rain be forecasted)

2) Can anyone recommend a good place to see in the New Year? We're looking for a happy medium as banging house music won't suit the in-laws, but I'm sure that they'll still be up for something pretty lively...

Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

:o

The weather's been pretty poor recently. In fact, aside from a couple of good weeks a while back, it's been lousy for months. The decent weather should kick in sooner or later, so no need to worry. In terms of where to go, that very much depends on what your looking for. There have been loads of British dickheads here recently, so try and find somewhere they aren't.

I'm not sure if you can find a place to stay at this time of the year, but Patong will be very lively on NYE, if not crazy! It is the place to be to welcome the new year. The people, the fireworks, and the lack of parking space!

Bangtao or Kata beach would be a better choice if you want somewhere a bit more laid back/ civilized :o

Do a search for hotels online like NOW!! I'd be having a seizure if I'm heading to Phuket at this time of the year without a place booked!

Agreed as far as the first two posters are concerned, the weather is not brilliant but it's still decent - try checking weather underground or similar for forecasts. Also agree you avoid Patong on NYE since d-ck heads of ALL nationalities abound at present - if you've ever wondered why Thai's think what they do about us, Patong currently answers all possible questions. As far as accommodation is concerned: if you insist on Patong try the smaller hotels on Nanai Road since they may have vacancies. Much better idea from the sounds of things to try small hotels in Kata or Karoen Beaches but be aware, both are heaving with tourists currently and I do hope they all bugger off soon, present company excepted. :o

Hi,

Me and the missus are heading down to Patong for New Years. The missus' folks are over here from the UK so will most likely just be doing the beach during the day. I've been to Phuket a few times, and kind of know my way around, but have a couple of questions...

1) What's the weather been like and what's it likely to do over the next week? (Just so we can think up some other options should rain be forecasted)

2) Can anyone recommend a good place to see in the New Year? We're looking for a happy medium as banging house music won't suit the in-laws, but I'm sure that they'll still be up for something pretty lively...

Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

:D

The weather, who knows? but well better than the UK, Patong will be alive, everywhere, and the fireworks are excellent :o:D