Uk-bkk Flight

ged

The era of dirt cheap is fast disappearing I'm afraid although you should be able to better that price if you shop around.

Try West East, they maybe able to offer a better deal.

When I lived in the UK I always phoned around the bucket shops advertising on ceefax and in the press. They had some very cheap deals if you can put up with a stop in the gulf.

Right now I think Kuwait and Oman are offering pretty cheap fares.

The Fares themselves actually aint that bad even at the mo...high season prices ...its the added Taxes that offer the knock out killer punch. :o

These seem to be averaging out at around @ 150 Quid a throw so knock that off a 500 touch and the real cost is only somewhere in the region of....... :D

I am hoping for our next jolli in March so watching them like the proverbial hawk........ :D

Still prefer direct flights with TG but EVA is being very competative ( 465 ...?) but as said above the overall prices should start to fall within the next couple of weeks...then shoot up again over Easter...its earlier next year ...and then drop again after Songkran and hit back in July for the school hols.... :D

The cheapest normal Emirates price BKK - UK return is now about 43,000 baht whereas a few months ago it was about 37,000 baht and earlier this year it was 34,000 baht.

However as pointed out special offers become available several months before. I believe that in the case of Emirates in Thailand the special offer prices are for 2 month returns only.

It seems that it is best to book in advance at the normal prices and then keep an ear out for any offers that might get announced at a later date and rebook.

YES I think the days of cheap tickets could be numbered, I usually fly with etihad or emirates as there are no direct flights to bkk from Man, the least i have paid is £375 and the most is £465 , i have just checked now and it is £556.

If it sticks at these prices i will be walking there like the crazy norwegian guy!!

out with etihad 24jan-------20mar in. 485 pounds with expedia

How did you manage that! i have been watchjng the prices almost hourly and the price now Man -bkk is

£626 cheapest with Etihad for your dates!!

On Travelocity:

Price per adult incl. £59.90 taxes and fees: £514.90

Outbound Manchester (MAN) - Bangkok (BKK)

Emirates

EK0018, EK0386

Departs: Thu 24 Jan 08 13:30

Arrives: Fri 25 Jan 08 17:10

out with etihad 24jan-------20mar in. 485 pounds with expedia

How did you manage that! i have been watchjng the prices almost hourly and the price now Man -bkk is

£626 cheapest with Etihad for your dates!!

On Travelocity:

Price per adult incl. £59.90 taxes and fees: £514.90

Outbound Manchester (MAN) - Bangkok (BKK)

Emirates

EK0018, EK0386

Departs: Thu 24 Jan 08 13:30

Arrives: Fri 25 Jan 08 17:10

Looks like your return flight has a layover of 8 hours !

I can't be doing that but thanx for the feedback!

When I worked in Saudi in the 70-80s I used to take Alia-Royal Jordanian Airways to Amman,Jordan and jump into a taxi for the run down to Tabuk (N Saudi) and generally it was OK.

On the way back it was a case of a couple of days R&R in the Inter Con Hotel (got bombed once) and then back to Blighty on leave.

No problem with hotels,food,the booze duty free etc and as said OK ..but never gone further to Bangers with them.

Now they seem to be offering the cheapest fares and could be worth a 'punt'...Anyone tried them..? :o

You will get a very pleasant surprise from Heathrow to BKK (via Kuwait) with

www.kuwait-airways.com//en/index.jsp

Not so pleasant 23/2-11/3 ,£729.00

I find it srange that i cannot (Now) find a flight with a reasonable layover (2-4 hours) from manchester uk to Bangkok for less than £546.00

i have been flying to LOS since the late 1980's and the price has never been so high!

I find it srange that i cannot (Now) find a flight with a reasonable layover (2-4 hours) from manchester uk to Bangkok for less than £546.00

i have been flying to LOS since the late 1980's and the price has never been so high!

Fuel's going up and the £ is slipping.. Way of the future I think.. Can't find anything under £600 now. Though if you can use LHR, you can get £310 on EVA through West East if they still have any seats left...

http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/strPage.asp?idlink=27

Fuel's going up and the £ is slipping.. Way of the future I think.. Can't find anything under £600 now. Though if you can use LHR, you can get £310 on EVA through West East if they still have any seats left...

http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/strPage.asp?idlink=27

Just tried them advert says £310 but the real price is £610 !

If anyone is still interested i changed my dates and got good return flight with Emirates £514 thhrough Travelocity > the guy threre said the Olympics are affecting prices and if we think it is bad now wait til later in the year!

i hope my june trip is nt in jeopardy!

If anyone is still interested i changed my dates and got good return flight with Emirates £514 thhrough Travelocity > the guy threre said the Olympics are affecting prices and if we think it is bad now wait til later in the year!

How is that? Did you mail them or just do a search? They usually respond pretty quickly..

How is that? Did you mail them or just do a search? They usually respond pretty quickly..

Not sure about the £300 difference but Westeast's prices are slightly misleading in that they don't include taxes which can add £100ish to the cost.

Just got live price of £505 form Newcastle with Emirates, 9.5 hour layover in DXB mind!

However having travelled to Thailand every January for the last 10 years i am still confident that Manchester prices will drop in a week or so. Last year i paid £398 WITH Etihad.

Just got live price of £505 form Newcastle with Emirates, 9.5 hour layover in DXB mind!

Check with Emirates web site, it seems all flights offered in February from Newcastle to Bangkok go via Dubai AND Hong Kong in at least one direction

**** that then, i ain't going round by HKG, if i hadn't been before maybe. Its didn't have that leg of the journey last night when i looked.