Asdl Installation In Phuket

thaicraw

I was just quoted 16k baht just for installation of ADSL line to my home in kathu phuket, the house has 4 phone lines already but no DSL, and when I requested them to install DSL they quoted 16k install and 2.5k a month??? this is by FAR more expensive then I have ever heard it to be..

My question has anyone here installed DSL here in phuket and if so what was the installation and and monthly cost?

Please if you have done so let me know, I need to figure out what I need to do here..

Thank you

I use TT&T maxnet4Life package which is pretty good. It costs about 2000THB per month and I don't remember there being any set up charges (If it had been 16k I would have remembered :-))

http://www.ttt.co.th/product/productcatede...roductCateID=16

I am not sure this is available everywhere on the island though. Some areas are served by TOT I believe.

I think for the 16k they are trying it on for a laugh. But 2.5k per month sounds about right. In my experience if you want a good ADSL in Thailand you have to pay about double the price in a first world country. But look out for promotions - you can get a much better deal.

Yes I really need to find out what the hel_l is going on with claimed 16k installation.. I was hoping for 2.5k I would at least get 1mb oh well... its actually quadruple the cost for $70 u.s dollars approx what 2.5k is You can get 20mb+ connection.. I have $65 for my cable here and I tested my line at 15mb/6mb down/up .. yes I realize I am not gonna get anything near that but 1mb for 2.5k baht would have been nice!..

Maxnet4life sounds like a prison sentence haha

Maxnet4 Life

- 256/128 kbps: 1,450 Bht

- 512/256 kbps: 2,350 Bht <-- I assume this is what you are getting?

- 1024/512 kbps: 4,000 Bht

dam_n thai monopoly!!! :o

Edited by thaicraw

Yes I really need to find out what the hel_l is going on with claimed 16k installation.. I was hoping for 2.5k I would at least get 1mb oh well... its actually quadruple the cost for $70 u.s dollars approx what 2.5k is You can get 20mb+ connection.. I have $65 for my cable here and I tested my line at 15mb/6mb down/up .. yes I realize I am not gonna get anything near that but 1mb for 2.5k baht would have been nice!..

Maxnet4life sounds like a prison sentence haha

Maxnet4 Life

- 256/128 kbps: 1,450 Bht

- 512/256 kbps: 2,350 Bht <-- I assume this is what you are getting?

- 1024/512 kbps: 4,000 Bht

dam_n thai monopoly!!! :o

Yes I hope to get let out early for good behaviour:-)

"- 512/256 kbps: 2,350 Bht <-- I assume this is what you are getting?"

Yes indeed but I got it on a promotion so I pay 2k and they have just given us a free upgrade to 1500kbps. You need to get a Thai person to go have a chat with them about promotions and stuff.

Good luck

Thanks for the help, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I can get a similiar deal to yours.. But no way would I even go near them if they re going to stiff me with a 16kbaht installation ... I have a cat telecom wireless ev-do card that gets me unlimited 500-1mb speed that I can live with for only 1kbaht a month. But I really need a landline for other uses but at least I wont be left high and dry with NO inet access :o

EVDO has slowed down a lot.. not much hope of 500 kbps speeds I fear..

I have had loads of packages over the years.. Currently on 2mbit goldcyber for 1000 baht (I think).. was a free upgrade from 1 mbit recently(or 1mbit went to 590 or 790 ??)..

Its not great but its so much better than even a year or two back.