Why Do American People Always Think That Thai Children Ride Elephants To Go To School ?

beethovenzz

6 more hours to go, i hope we can keep this going, i'll double my bet to 35 baht

Hang on there, edwin....

that'll be enough for the "FAMILY-SIZE" jumbo tube... perhaps there's hope for your cinema days yet.

At last we are back on topic

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm thai.

Many american people were very surprised when I told them that my home has hi-speed internet.

How jerk.

What does that statement have in relevance to all American people believing that Thai children ride elephants to school?

You try to book an extra seat on a school elephant using a dial up connection. then you will understand :D

Surely if you wanted to book a seat on a school elephant you would make a trunk call :o

Why are we feeding this troll and why is it allowed? Nonsense topics like this one are permitted to run for 7 pages while real topics are routinely shut down because they are "difficult" for some. I guess nonsense sells.

But... but... all of *MY* students ride elephants to school... you mean it's not like that at EVERY Thai school??????

You must be at one of the posh international schools, a few americans there I should imagine. Perhaps thats where the idea came from?

Government schools its riding buffalo's (seating capacity 10) as the happy but ignorant children in their coolie hats sing a song on their way to "learn"

It's a bit like the Sound of Music, starring the van trapped

Edited by yorkman

But... but... all of *MY* students ride elephants to school... you mean it's not like that at EVERY Thai school??????

You must be at one of the posh international schools, a few americans there I should imagine. Perhaps thats where the idea came from?

Government schools its riding buffalo's (seating capacity 10) as the happy but ignorant children in their coolie hats sing a song on their way to "learn"

It's a bit like the Sound of Music, starring the van trapped

Seating capacity ten! I have seen 50 or more with women holding babies aloft

Right - like the majority of your posts ... and this thread.

Oh sorry, it is quite normal to put your childs life at risk by being stupid but to express an opinion is criminal

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for

people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

-Noam Chomsky

Right - like the majority of your posts ... and this thread.

3 counted thus far....

Thanks to the contributions of many other Americans on here that have demonstrated (yet again) that it's not true that they do not understand irony, repartee without having to spell out every word, or a bit of fun in the holiday season (you know who you are) :o:D

why do trolls think all americans are brain-amputated?

why are many Americans not considered intellectuals?

40% americans believe: (= many)

1. the grand canyon (2800m elevation) was formed by noah's flood.

2. Kangaroos are from the mid-east (to get on the afore mentioned ark)

easier for me to believe Thai ride elephants to school .. that has happened at least once!

School sports day for non-international students.

post-48222-1198859240_thumb.jpg

Eeek :o ... whats the one on the right doing?? I thought you were shy about posting this sort of thing?

How else can they stay on? The horns are tapered and polished to assist in streamlining

2. Kangaroos are from the mid-east

Hey Hey :o , a mention of Kangaroos and the Australians will be in. They have learnt to Google (belatedy).

And then there will be talk of desiring sheep as opposed to buffalo's, and then the thread will be closed.

Now, back on topic so there is no excuse, whats this about most Brits believeing all Americans ride to school on Elephants? Or am I confused :D

why do trolls think all americans are brain-amputated?

why are many Americans not considered intellectuals?

40% americans believe: (= many)

1. the grand canyon (2800m elevation) was formed by noah's flood.

2. Kangaroos are from the mid-east (to get on the afore mentioned ark)

easier for me to believe Thai ride elephants to school .. that has happened at least once!

100 million americans - give or take a dozen - believe the earth is only 12000 years old. Dinosaur remains (full skelatons) were apparently put here by the devil to test our faith.

100 million americans - give or take a dozen - believe the earth is only 12000 years old. Dinosaur remains (full skelatons) were apparently put here by the devil to test our faith.

And that is just asking for a thread close :o

If you really believe this, sigh :D Too many beers?