Why Do American People Always Think That Thai Children Ride Elephants To Go To School ?

beethovenzz

I'm really Thai.

I live in Nonthaburi. I'm studying at Suankularb Wittiyalai Nonthaburi. In mattayom 6.

I come here to ask you all because this issue is very hot topic in Pantip.com

If you can read thai you can go and check.

www.pantip.com/cafe/wahkor/topic/X6...5/X6160695.html

Okay, thank you for the link.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if you are in Mattayom 6 in Nonthaburi, I suspect you have actually met very few Americans. So, instead of taking your information from a webboard, may I suggest that you actually go out, meet a few and then find out. After all, there are 300 million people in the United States. Its hardly likely they are all the same and that everybody on the Panthip board has met all 300 million of them.

I was staying in the Circus Circus (hotel) in Las Vegas about 15 years ago and whilst having breakfast i got chatting to the waiter - an elderly ameican guy. He asked me where i was from, on telling him i was from England he sujested that i might want to spend some of my holiday staying at the - then new - Luxor Hotel. Because i would feel more at home, you know Eygpt being near to - geaographicaly and culturaly - England!!

True story - so maybe this guy isnt a troll

Edited by pointofview

It does show the ignorance of a lot of people, if this is what they believe., but all countries have some very insular peolple who have no idea what is going on outside of their own town, let alone their own country.

those links are blocked on my server :o But if topics like riding elephants to school are HOT topics i guess it's a pretty sad forum to visit anyway

My thoughts exactly, maybe he should be directed to the Xenophobic thread.

It does show the ignorance of a lot of people, if this is what they believe., but all countries have some very insular peolple who have no idea what is going on outside of their own town, let alone their own country.

That is so true Toady - but let us not be so defensive of our fellow americans. I think the well ajusted ones will see the humour and the truth!

I'm really Thai.

I live in Nonthaburi. I'm studying at Suankularb Wittiyalai Nonthaburi. In mattayom 6.

I, for one, think it's great that all of a sudden we're getting so many young Thais like yourself on thaivisa.

They bring an interesting vocabulary:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1729035

and spelling! Hmm wonder why so many have contempt for Thai education?

I'm thai.

Many american people were very surprised when I told them that my home has hi-speed internet.

How jerk.

Judging by all the complaints about connection speed in the Internet section of thaivisa, it seems that there are a lot of expats living in Thailand who would also be surprised to hear that you have a high speed internet in your home. Maye you need to pick a better example to ilustrate that your distaste for Americans is legitimate.

That is so true Toady - but let us not be so defensive of our fellow americans. I think the well ajusted ones will see the humour and the truth!

:D POV, I'm British. :o

I'm really Thai.

I, for one, think it's great that all of a sudden we're getting so many young Thais like yourself on thaivisa.

They bring an interesting vocabulary:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1729035

and spelling! Hmm wonder why so many have contempt for Thai education?

I thought you had reported this as a troll - why are you still here.

those links are blocked on my server :o But if topics like riding elephants to school are HOT topics i guess it's a pretty sad forum to visit anyway

Why? Are elephants xenophobic? No wonder they keep crapping on my garden.

I'm thai.

Many american people were very surprised when I told them that my home has hi-speed internet.

How jerk.

Judging by all the complaints about connection speed in the Internet section of thaivisa, it seems that there are a lot of expats living in Thailand who would also be surprised to hear that you have a high speed internet in your home. Maye you need to pick a better example to ilustrate that your distaste for Americans is legitimate.

Unlikely, I suspect he's going to get a "Holiday" in a shortwhile.

So am i old bean! Fellow americans, fellow thais, fellow citizens of the world :D

those links are blocked on my server :D But if topics like riding elephants to school are HOT topics i guess it's a pretty sad forum to visit anyway

Why? Are elephants xenophobic? No wonder they keep crapping on my garden.

Of course the Elephants are xenophobic, they are Thai :o:D and they know you are Farang. :D

So am i old bean! Fellow americans, fellow thais, fellow citizens of the world :D

:D Sorry old chap.

So there is at least 3 brits on this potentially american bashing thread and not one of us has said anything bad about them. We must be the nice ones :D