World Of Warcraft Wrecks Lives.

Robski

I came across this blog that focuses on some very negative impacts of the online game World of Warcraft and I found it quite interesting,

I hope some of you do too.. http://soulkerfuffle.blogspot.com/2006/10/view-from-top.html

Theres about ten paragraphs and then comments after, also there is a link to another blog regarding some of the more positive aspects of the game.

Warcraft stands out from these as the best designed and by a very large margin the most enduringly popular - latest figures show it has 9.3 million users.

Their cash underpins the financial success of Blizzard, the game's designer.

Earlier this month, Blizzard merged with another computer games publisher, Activision,

in a deal which valued Blizzard at $9bn - not bad for a company that makes just over $1bn a year in revenues.

But the unique thing about Blizzard is the profits. It makes an astonishing $520m a year operating profit.

Reason for edit; additional info included, source; Channel 4 news.

Edited by Robski

Fascinating article, thanks.

I see some parallels to some regular forums-style websites, where an interest in information and entertainment can develop into a something that is quite a bit more, for better or for worse. (I'll "take the fifth" on this one!)

:o