American Ncaa Football On Tv In Thailand

Dogpatch

I'm looking for where I can find a Fox broadcast of the Cotton Bowl, Missouri vs. Arkansas, on Monday night 11:30pm Thailand time.

UBC / True Visions has only ESPN, not CBS, not Fox, not ABC.

Are these non-ESPN channels even available in Asia by any satellite?

Any hotels or anywhere else?

Sorry to tell you, but the answer is no. The lack of good coverage of sports and the quality of food are the two things I really miss from the US. The best you can do is hope ESPN or Star Sports pick up some of the games. This year we are getting far more basketball than ever before. I have seen almost every top ranked college team play so far. I really hope we get the NCAA tournament, but I don't think so.

Really your only option, if your a sports fan, is to turn to watching soccer. I have tried, but I just end up watching the grass grow in the middle of the field, due to the fact I find it much more exciting.

ESPN True channel 65 is showing some of the bowl games. Rose, International, Independence. I do not see the Cotton bowl nor any of the BCS series other than the Rose. Most of the games shown are delayed.

Edited by mackayae

Fox News as listed on True's IPTV, but are Fox sports programs appear on be a separate channel in the USA, so that apparently means there's no broadcast of the Cotton Bowl here. Can't find anything on Fox Sports about any webcast, unlike ESPN. Just the usual play by play text and Fox Radio.

A lot of people ask me about sports TV in Thailand. If you're British or Australian, I guess it's OK, but American sports are poor.

I'm looking for where I can find a Fox broadcast of the Cotton Bowl, Missouri vs. Arkansas, on Monday night 11:30pm Thailand time.

UBC / True Visions has only ESPN, not CBS, not Fox, not ABC.

Are these non-ESPN channels even available in Asia by any satellite?

Any hotels or anywhere else?

You are probably out of luck as previous posters have indicated. However, you might want to switch between TSP4(ch.64) and ESPN(ch.65) just in case. Sometimes TrueVisions makes changes in its schedule. Recently they have shown increasingly more college and pro football, as well as basketball, which are oftentimes not listed in the printed schedule(e.g. New England Patriots game against the NY Giants).

Edited by mauiguy90

You are in Thailand. You can find Fox, ABC, CBS, etc. in the U.S. These channels are not available anywhere in Thailand even by satellite. U.S. is just too far away. If you want to catch ALL the games, go back to the U.S. for a few days holiday. If not, then catch the few games ESPN here will show. They won't necessarily show all the games ESPN will show in the U.S. though, because it's not the same ESPN. Sorry if you have to miss your game. Perhaps a friend could record it for you and you can watch it when you get back to the U.S.

There's a possibility you could find the game streaming online, but have no idea where. You could search online.

Sorry to tell you, but the answer is no. The lack of good coverage of sports and the quality of food are the two things I really miss from the US. The best you can do is hope ESPN or Star Sports pick up some of the games. This year we are getting far more basketball than ever before. I have seen almost every top ranked college team play so far. I really hope we get the NCAA tournament, but I don't think so.

Really your only option, if your a sports fan, is to turn to watching soccer. I have tried, but I just end up watching the grass grow in the middle of the field, due to the fact I find it much more exciting.

Or get hi speed Internet and plug in a slingbox back home.

Edited by ChiangMaiThai

I don't think 'go back to the US' was what the OP had in mind...

Dogpatch, nearly all American football games are available online via bitTorrent. I have sent you a PM with the details. Enjoy the games.

Thanks, Andy. Interesting site, bitTorrent. (It's new to me.)

A recent game (Ark-LSU) was there but it was 2.72 GB. Way too big to download to my PC in Thailand, even on a good broadband connection. I think the best thing to do is send the link to a friend in the USA, have him download it and burn it to a DVD, and drop it into the snail mail.

This is apparently an easy way to download a game after it's over, a replay, albeit not in Thailand but by proxy in the USA.

I also want to thank the person who PM-ed me about TVU. Fox sports isn't on there; nonetheless, it's interesting! (Can't find the PM now for some reason.)

Edited by Dogpatch

This is a subject of great interest to me as an American sports fan and TV addict. It seems that the only decent option at this time is a slingbox back home and two good internet connections--one on each end.

hopefully technology will get to the point that all these channels stream thier stuff live but i think that is several years off.