Beaten Up For New Year's Eve

rrrulio

When your at these sort of places especially Nana more than the other areas. Just pay the extra 125 baht think of it as a tip.... Seen it too many times just not worth the chance of been brain damaged by the so-called gogo bar security. You have to think about where you are. You are in a violent city in a red-light district notorious for violence and drugs and corruption - common sense you don't make a scene over pocket change. You will never win.

Just pay it.

I'd like some infos on legal options to handle this too if there is any.

Forget it. No one saw anything, heard anything. You have to put it down to experience as much as it pains I am afraid.

I totally agree with everything you wrote.

Its not worth the drama for a few bucks..

Edited by advice

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mandarin is a Crown Group place I think - along with g-spot, fantasia etc etc - once the biggest group in Nana but mostly empty bar's now for good reason.

No, this is fundamentally wrong. Mandarin is NOT part of the Crown Group and it never was.

Who are the Plaza Management?

If its the people from the 1st floor office they have nothing to do with any of the bars.

It must have been a bar manager or someone rom among the group of bar's.

The "Nana Plaza management" trade under the name of Nana Castle. They lease the area where Nana Plaza is located from the owners of the land. They are responsible for the upkeep (or otherwise, some would argue) of the plaza and then sublease the different spaces to the various bar owners.

In the case of a dispute between a customer and a member of the service staff, the only manager who may be present is the manage of the particular bar where the dispute occurs.

Who are the Plaza Management?

If its the people from the 1st floor office they have nothing to do with any of the bars.

It must have been a bar manager or someone rom among the group of bar's.

The "Nana Plaza management" trade under the name of Nana Castle. They lease the area where Nana Plaza is located from the owners of the land. They are responsible for the upkeep (or otherwise, some would argue) of the plaza and then sublease the different spaces to the various bar owners.

In the case of a dispute between a customer and a member of the service staff, the only manager who may be present is the manage of the particular bar where the dispute occurs.

Really - tell me something I did not know from before you rolled up there reporting on the sex trade

From another forum posting about Goldfingers on Christmas Eve

xmas eve revisited at 1am everything was full and within 5 mins 8 guys got envolved in a punch up ... bottles everyware and even RANDY! owner was trying to seperate them

Same 8 guys as in Mandarin or just a coincidence?

No, this is fundamentally wrong. Mandarin is NOT part of the Crown Group and it never was.

BUT!!!! The main shareholder of Mandarin is a major shareholder in Crown Group…The French Woman manager from Mandarin went at least 3 years ago, now a Dutch guy is Manager up and downstairs

It’s quite strange I was in Both the bars (Mandarin & Silver Dragon) on That evening until 11:30pm and only saw one group of d*ick heads sat at the stage basically getting the dancing girls angry..so it could have been them; but other than that there was no hassle that i saw or heard of

Sad that some people fly half way around the World just to basically carry on as they do back home…Why Bother stay at home

:o

When your at these sort of places especially Nana more than the other areas. Just pay the extra 125 baht think of it as a tip.... Seen it too many times just not worth the chance of been brain damaged by the so-called gogo bar security. You have to think about where you are. You are in a violent city in a red-light district notorious for violence and drugs and corruption - common sense you don't make a scene over pocket change. You will never win.

Just pay it.

I'd like some infos on legal options to handle this too if there is any.

Forget it. No one saw anything, heard anything. You have to put it down to experience as much as it pains I am afraid.

I totally agree with everything you wrote.

Its not worth the drama for a few bucks..

I have never been ripped off or had a night ruined by these sort of problems, reason ? i never check my change and couldnt give a toss, .principles in thailand cause nothing but problems,.i accept it as normal when visiting these dens of inequity,.

Come on.. I like Nana, always have. I immediately disliked Patpong (and still do), Cowboy.. yawn... But I think Nana is fun, perhaps it's the layout, perhaps it's the diversity with some ladyboy bars thrown in, which makes it a good place to show visiting friends some real Bangkok nightlife.

The only issue I see is that the small independent hole-in-the-wall bars (mostly Thai-owned) are disappearing. The big ones are just like Cowboy: yawn... Sterile jobs that seem intended to approximate a USA strip bar scene as closely as possibly including attitude.

But I can't say I was ever short-changed in Nana.. but then I'm quite experienced. Just stick to the basics with a group: Everyone on a separate bin, otherwise you never know what ends up in that cup. This avoids a lot of misunderstandings.

So let's hear it for The Plaza!!! :o

Fortunatley there's loads of small hole in the wall places all over.. Soi 8, Soi 7/1, etc. Those are fun and usually very friendly, too.

Honestly and I say this mainly to some who said "Well what do you expect hanging out in red light districts" : The main attraction to the scene in Thailand is that it *IS* so friendly and informal. You don't have to be some macho tough guy to throroughly enjoy yourself in the bars. Just being polite and somewhat aware (mostly of your fellow punters) is enough, just like going out anywhere in Europe or the USA for that matter.

Edited by HobbsTheFerociousTiger

Terryp : We arrived around 2am after nightclubbing.

Left around 3.30 - 4am maybe.

Your group was well smashed by the time you arrived at Nana then. Perhaps so much that it clouded your judgement and actions???

More to this than meets the eye. My take is p*ssed up bunch of 8 guys turn up at Nana after drinking and clubbing all night before even getting to Mandarin bar which resulted in them being obnoxious and not sure of the bills because alcohol was still flowing freely and made a scene over a few baht. which resulted in a beating from the Thai boys.

Textbook...I Could be wrong tho.

Edited by dekka007

Dekka your are wrong.

I will stop responding to your pointless provocations.

Are the mandarin management / staff your friend or business partners?

Anyway last post in here nothing special to add, the case will certainly be taken to court soon.

No I have no friends in or around Nana or even know the management of Mandarin and I don't do any business in Thailand.

I just feel as I am sure others do - something does not add up about this story.

the case will certainly be taken to court soon.

Good luck......If it does indeed get to court might be time to get out of dodge as it wont end there. Once again some advice is just let it go - There is no point going to court all you are doing is aggravating the situation and you will have to watch your back in BKK for a long long time.

Edited by dekka007

guys have to think about similar situations. Is a125 baht dispute worth?

a. getting killed,

b. loss of an eye,

c. a broken limb,

d. 30 stitches,

e. some bruises,

f. various hand -eye gestures,

g. verbal insults...

If you answered yes to any of these items, don't pay and take your chances. The people, probably many people more than you or your group, who have nothing to lose compared to you will settle with you the hard way and not give you the chance to listen to a calm reasoned argument (if one can do that at 0130 hrs in the morning while under the influence). If you can't answer yes the above potential results, pay up and get out. There are 100s of other places to go and spend your time where you are appreciated. Sometimes people just aren't thinking with their big head.

If this happened as stated it is a sad event. As others have pointed out, those locations are not exactly where the cream of society hangs out. A good time can be had, but is it worth it.

Edited by redwooddrive

I have had a very different experience in Nana.

This happened whilst I was waiting by the spirit house at the entrance to meet a friend at closing time one morning.

An extremely drunk, extremely fat loud mouthed and aggressive falang (Brit I think) staggered towards the exit and dropped his trousers. He then waved his equipment at all comers, making obscene gestures towards the security guards and anyone else around.

He then fell over in a heap with his trousers round his ankles.

It took three fit young security guards to get him on his feet again and pull up his trousers. They then tried to move him out into the street.

He shook them free and dropped his trousers again and fell over.

The performance was repeated several times until they had him out on the pavement.

It seemed to me that the security guys went out of their way to move him without hurting or injuring him.

In many places in the world he would have suffered a severe beating or worse.

He was last seen wandering drunkenly down the middle of Soi Nana and amazingly made it to his hotel without being hit by the taxis and bikes that went round him and waited patiently to pass safely.

When I told a bar owner nearby what I had seen and expressed amazement at the restraint shown by the guards, he said it was normal.

When you consider the abysmal, moronic behaviour by some falangs you have to admire the self control and good nature of many Thais who have to put up with it.

I have never seen any violence by Thai upon falang but have seen many altercations by pathetic drunk falangs on other pathetic drunk falangs.

This particular gogo bar pissed me off so badly about four years ago with a short changing tactic that I will write about it here.

I paid my rip off 160 baht for a Heineken in one of Nana's gogos the other day with a 1000 and got 1840 baht change, needless to say it went straight in my pocket, that makes it Farang 1 Vs Thais 1000, in the ripping of each other stakes this holiday.

Dont usually go to gogo's but they do seem more and more unfriendly these days, IMO.

Yeah well done,

Now when the next farang comes to pay they might be tempted to skim the change to make up for your lack of honesty!

Sht like that will breed serious resentment and arguments.

You're a bad example of the farang in LOS if that's how you carry on.

I was in Nana the 31th/1st night and I have seen what start like a fight involving 2 farangs -Ok certainly not in their rights- and first 2,and 3 and 6 thaïs and more... and it went on in something not really a fight but more a racist lynch.It was next to the Mandarin on the first floor at around 3am.

I was in Nana the 31th/1st night and I have seen what start like a fight involving 2 farangs -Ok certainly not in their rights- and first 2,and 3 and 6 thaïs and more... and it went on in something not really a fight but more a racist lynch.It was next to the Mandarin on the first floor at around 3am.

Do you mean it looked racist because the Thai bouncers well outnumbered the farangs and seemed to enjoy taking it further than necessary? Just curious.

I wonder if any Thai bouncers (or group of) got overpowered by farangs in these places ever? There are some streetwise, large farangs around who look like they know how to handle themselves, but I guess it's the numbers thing that always gets them.

Been living here 11 years continuously, been everywhere a zillion times(nightspots), never had an altercation of any kind...I think alot has to be said of the way you conduct yourself when out and about, some people are just brainless idiots and natural magnets for trouble.

Been living here 11 years continuously, been everywhere a zillion times(nightspots), never had an altercation of any kind...I think alot has to be said of the way you conduct yourself when out and about, some people are just brainless idiots and natural magnets for trouble.

There are plenty of people who will start trouble for no reason, in Thailand as well as in the west, i bumped into a drunk English boy last week by accident in Pattaya, i apologised and he tried to grab me in his drunken stupor and failed miserably, his friend apologised and said he has had too much to drink.

With so much drink, drugs and testosterone flowing, there is a always a possibility trouble can happen no matter how you conduct yourself in these kind of places. If you want to avoid violence it is always a good idea to avoid drunks and places where illegal activities happen, even if they are tollerated.

Edited by howtoescape

That's what you get when hanging out in filthy, rotten places :o

I accept you are taking a bigger risk going into these areas, but i cant agree with that if you get beaten up just for being in these areas it is what you deserve.

I was attacked by 2 people with metal weapons, 11 years ago and spent a month in hospital, and have had about 7 operations, for no other reason then i was walking down the street close to the city centre at 11pm one night, now i am well aware that if i go into town i am taking a risk more then most, but i would prefer to do this then to avoid certain areas.

Most of Thailnds tourist areas have the same type of people in them these days and it is far more aggressive now from both Thai and Farang males then it once was, the 2 week Tenrerife thugs you used to travel long haul to get away from are here in their droves.