Welcome To New Members - 2551/2008

Tywais

Hello Everyone, I am English and now living in the wild northwest of Thailand for three years with my Thai wife of six years. Due to a double bereavement we had to come to Thailand to look after relatives, but for me a welcome escape from the cold and windy island.

My interests are photography and natural history so I have a wonderful opportunity with all that Thailand has to offer.

I would like to thank Thai Visa Forum for all the very useful information I have used in helping me get to grips with the difficult and ever changing Thai immigration system, not that the UK is very good in this department either.

Best wishes and Chohk Dee.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2551/2008, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

Hello I'm The Black Ninja and I'm a newbie!

Hello All

I've been living in Surin Province for 6 years (sorry just found the welcome for newbies) with my Thai wife of 20 years, what a great country! having loads of fun in the sun!

I have been using this site for a few weeks and its great, thanks for the welcome.

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2551/2008, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

how come i only saw this thread today? i joined a little more than a month ago and i am no longer a newbie. senior member it says... 4 squares i think!

too bad, i would have wanted to introduce myself! welcome to the newbies. many info and lots to learn. whether you understand or not the things going on, the secret is just to dive in. sooner or later, you will find yourself swimming along like a pro! :o

Hi everyone! I've been reading the TV forums for a few weeks now, and finally got around to registering. I've been using the site primarily as a resource for research and insight in prep for my fiance's upcoming relocation to BKK from the US. (He's coming out of early retirement to take this job, so it had better be good!) My current role is Chief Facilitator of Relocation and Culture Shock Minimization! :o Although I'll be commuting back and forth frequently throughout the year, I'll be maintaining a permanent US residency (at least for the timebeing).

I definitely plan to check in over at the Ladies Forums. I'm sure I'm going to be needing advice and support for keeping an overseas relationship alive and well!

Nice to meet you all!

I have been reading this site for a while now and figure it is time to introduce myself. I am from Seattle, USA. I have been to Thailand three times in the last year and a half. I am considering moving to Thailand. My next trip is planned for early September for a six month stay. If I still like as I do now then the move will happen. I also want to say thanks to everybody for their posts; you have been very helpfull.

someone told me i have to make 500 posts to get here. i think i got into the fast lane?

whew... what a rough ride anyway. am too serious....unless someone hangs the word "fun, joke, etc. i always assume things are serious...and for all my ehem, higher than average IQ, my pick-up could be just bad... naughty, naughty...

is it alright to say your real name? maybe later.

i got into TV because i had 5 wonderful days in bkk (plus a day's excursion in ayutthaya) last march. my only second time in thailand. the first in 2001 was forgettable and never thought i will be back. but i am into ornamental gardening back here in PH. yup, everyting started with caladiums (google if you dont know this). i thought i would just order, but after computing the freight cost and then the fare if i actually come pick it up myself, i decided on the latter. i really enjoyed the experience. bkk on the cheap... (whatever bad i said about LOS, i would still say its thumbs up as a tourist bargain (if you know where to look). another thing, i look thai and i felt assimilation was so easy... almost like PH and what we would have been, and even more, if we could just get our act together. and there was something else about TH that appealed to me...creativity? i dont know.

so i had this idea when i got back home to check out the possibility of working and living in LOS, particularly bkk as i have not been able to go to the other places. so i got into TV... altho i must have been here before when i did a research before flying there. yup, maybe 2 months research (not everyday! - we had to postpone) for a 5-day trip. but it paid off.... i thought i would get in as a webdesigner (teaching is blaaah for me, unless it would be for pre-schoolers, dont have patience for structured, formal environment). but changed my mind about the whole thing. i think i want to stay right here in PH, set up my garden into a profitable one, and write... always wanted to do this, but i keep looking for something more than fiction or documentary stuffs. i want to write something good but relevant as well. something interesting but inspirational too. something that would sell, but something not commercial. i think one of these days, i will stumble into a good material and just proceed.

btw, my educational and professional background is environmental studies/research. but it was a boring field for me, altho i remained environmentally-minded even more so when i left the industry. never had formal training in writing, not even for college newsletters etc. i discovered late that this is some kind of a talent of mine, always thought everyone wrote this way. btw, i am a pure, unadulterated product of philippine education, the best maybe but still local. no US or foreign input. i hope that says a lot of the quality of our education too.

i probably have the longest intro here. mods, feel free to edit... and even remove everything completely.

one thing about me, i am so poor in remembering names and avatars. i usually dont even look at it, just what is being written. right now, i only remember the farang pub ppl. :D

so what threads were serious and what were bedlam? i will search for that later...if i will learn that those where i posted the most serious were for kicks, i am gonna hunt the OP and whatever... :o

so there, did i forget something? oh i love dogs, love animals and love men too. :D in that order? hmmm....

now i feel too lazy to post.

mods, please edit this! too long and too revealing...

nice to meet you all....

G'day everyone,

Been looking at this site for years & decided to join again. Very infornmative.

Got married last year to my gorgous thai wife, both living in Australia. Lovvin it. Nothing but dramas with the Aust embassy, same old same old. Perseverance pays.

Does anyone know of some good apartments near Sukumvit (1-100) that dont charge too much per month. We are looking to come back for a month soon and the only place we can think of is Romamce Apts. They are about 8000bht/mth inc elec.

Cheers

Nigs

Hi, I've been reading lots and posting a little on here for about a week now, and have only been in Thailand for 10 days, so its all very new to me! Am finding so many posts on here helpful, so thanks for all the info!

I'm living in Lopburi, and working as yep, a dreaded teacher! I'm originally from the UK. Moved here after doing a year teaching in India, which I loved, but it was voluntary, so I had to move somewhere that would pay me. I know there are tons of places out there where I could have got paid much more, but as long as I have enough to live on, I'd rather be somewhere that excites me and I feel happy than somewhere without a personality that I love and being rich. I hope Thailand is going to tick that box, so far it seems promising!!

My first big challange is to pick up some of the language, and I am also enjoying exploring both the land and the culture. Oh, and I cant wait to meet my kids, got a fortnight to wait, and I'm just itching to get teaching again!

Well, I hope to stick around and continue finding answers to my questions, and maybe making a few friends along the way!!!

Hi everyone,

My name is Randilynn and I am very new to this forum. Myslef and my husband and our son are planning on a move to Thailand in September of this year. We are very excited to live a new way of life... while introducing to our son that one can be happy with just the basic needs fullfilled instead of wants...wants and more wants! Something our society in British Columbia has too much of..everyone wanting bigger and better and fogetting about true happiness. I am looking for any information involving living in Chiang Mai. My brother resides in Chiang Mai and owns Miguels Cafe anyone eaten there? He will be a great help for us there but would love to hear any important information regarding a move...in any way and form. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Randilynn

I am planning on an extended stay in Thailand and was wondering what my best bet visa wise is? I have a degree in culinary arts, so eventually i'll most likely be working at a resort or something, but I plan on doing a bit of travelling and relaxing first. How many visa runs can be made on a tourist visa? Would a NON-Immigrant-O be a better bet?

Also I am a healthy 27 yr old male, who should I get insurance through?

Thanks

Hi I am new to the site but not to Thailand. Happy to be aboard guys.

Welcome happygirl

Moss

Hi everyone,

I am looking for any information involving living in Chiang Mai.

Hi Randi, have a look at this forum Chang Mai I think it might help.

Hi to all, great site. im looking for information on anything about Trang, land prices,general info on the area etc many thanks Taffy

Hello Taffy, here is a link to the Southern Forum

I am planning on an extended stay in Thailand and was wondering what my best bet visa wise is? I have a degree in culinary arts, so eventually i'll most likely be working at a resort or something, but I plan on doing a bit of travelling and relaxing first. How many visa runs can be made on a tourist visa? Would a NON-Immigrant-O be a better bet?

Also I am a healthy 27 yr old male, who should I get insurance through?

Thanks

Yo Red,

Try here, throw in any question, there is generally very good help available Visa's for Thailand

Moss

Hello everyone,

After nearly 3 years in Thailand (Bang Saray) I have just got around to getting an internet connection.

I signed up to the forum yesterday afternoon and couldn't get away from the screen until the early hours. I anticipate much sulking from the love of my life if I don't limit myself.

This forum is full of good advice, wild guesses, total bull*, great punning and pi55taking - terrific.

Hi everyone,

My name is Randilynn and I am very new to this forum. Myslef and my husband and our son are planning on a move to Thailand in September of this year. We are very excited to live a new way of life... while introducing to our son that one can be happy with just the basic needs fullfilled instead of wants...wants and more wants! Something our society in British Columbia has too much of..everyone wanting bigger and better and fogetting about true happiness. I am looking for any information involving living in Chiang Mai. My brother resides in Chiang Mai and owns Miguels Cafe anyone eaten there? He will be a great help for us there but would love to hear any important information regarding a move...in any way and form. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Randilynn

Miguels has awesome Mexican tacos... I frequent it as often as my Thai wife allows.... I actually found it the first night I was here in CM. It is walking distance from the hotel I was in until I found a home.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. There seem to be several forums about Thailand, and this one seems to be a lot more reasonable than some of the others.

I'm mostly interested in photography, and enjoying my visits to Thailand. I usually go to Phuket, but not always.

I guess I've got a lot of looking-around to do here, to find out where the different discussions are.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. There seem to be several forums about Thailand, and this one seems to be a lot more reasonable than some of the others.

I'm mostly interested in photography, and enjoying my visits to Thailand. I usually go to Phuket, but not always.

I guess I've got a lot of looking-around to do here, to find out where the different discussions are.

Welcome ThaiCam - there's a photograph forum here too - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=84

Come in and enjoy.