Unsure About My Situation?

Hi,

I tried to do a bit of research on my query but I couldn't find anything so if anyone could help it would be great.

I arrived in Thailand with a double entry tourist visa on 24/07/07. I utilised my second entry after crossing into Cambodia on 19/10/07.

After spending 2 weeks in Laos during December I had to fly back to Ireland through Bangkok so I got a Visa Exemption stamp on 17/12/07.

I'm now considering going back to Thailand after 19/01/08 and am wondering will I be issued with another Visa Exemption or have I used up too many days over the past 6 months?

If I can get a 30 day exemption is it possible to go straight to Vientiane and apply for a tourist visa or multi entry tourist visa?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

If you have a ticket out within 30 days the airline will probably fly you here and you will be able to obtain another visa exempt entry. The 90 days in six months only applies to visa exempt entry - entry days on visas do not count toward that 90 day number.

You will get 30 days visa free on arrival if you hold a confirmed outbound airticket within 30 days of arrival. The 90 period is only made up using visa exemptions. Days spent in Thailand while on formal tourist visa's don't get counted. You could always get a tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in Dublin before you leave.

Thanks for the quick replies. I was hoping that's the way the system works.

The last time I passed through Immigration in BKK airport I had no outward bound ticket ( I had a fax from the Irish embassy asking would they let me through) and found it quite unnerving. I don't want to go through that experience again. As it turned out they gave me the stamp without even having to show the letter in the end.

Thanks again!