Cost Of Renovation

Hello!

After a long search, I've finally found an apartment to buy in Bangkok that meets most my requirements in terms of size, location and price range. It is a place I will live in long-term, not primarily an investment. The problem is the apartment is over 10 years old and needs bringing up-to-date.

In order to negotiate a fair price with the seller, I wonder if anyone on the board can give me a ballpark figure for renovating? The apartment is 130 sqm, two beds two baths. I would like to replace all the flooring with wood parquet, replace the kitchen (about 10sqm) and paint the whole place; I'd engage a contractor/interior decorator to take care of it. The bathrooms are OK. I generally go for good quality materials and equipment, but not necessarily top-end. Any ideas on how much that would cost?

Thanks for your help

Andy

I am in the process of doing the same, however I will also have to move some walls, open/close some doors, do both bathrooms, ceiling, lighting, electricity(additional sockets etc), new kitchen, built-in wardrobes etc.

I have budgetted 2 million for this and sofar that looks to be sufficient.

Some major expenses:

kitchen incl appliances 450k

flooring 150 k

bathrooms 150-200k

built-in wardrobes 9 mtrs incl. doors etc 300k

ceiling/lighting/elctricity 250k

misc. incl furtniture 600k

Hope this helps.

I would look strongly at a Leowood floor or equivilent. In addition to being easy to care for the tiles are larger & should bond better. In the rental I'm in they used the real wood 2 1/2 x 15 cm. I hate them.

For tile Home Pro sell Granito (a fake granite) that I really like. Again very large squares. Approx 50 x 50cm.