Gay People In Thailand Forum Quiet And Static

cm-happy

Have noticed the the subject forum over the past few weeks has become somewhat quiet and static.

Have all the gay issues, problems, questions already been covered and discussed?

I have 1 but need to be careful in the wording and obfuscate since talking about the "P" word is verboten here.

Certain internet sites that deal with specialized photography either artistic or educational featuring unabashed models.

Has any one recognized any of these models?

I've seen one that I knew from the CM gay venues.

anyone else?

CM, of course I recognize some of the models. In fact, we had two ladyboys who are very popular with photographers over at our house for dinner in May before we returned to the USA for our six-month sojourn from Thailand. Truth is the modeling and entertainment industry is pretty tight-knit. My ladyboy was a cabaret entertainer for years so we know a lot of the players. People who live in Bkk for an extended period of time and frequent the Silom and Nana areas will probably run into some familiar faces from stage, screen and internet sites.

:o Shock Horror. Are you saying that you surf the net for mucky pics cm? Is this an activity you perform together with the love of your life or something you do alone when he's out and about in that big ol' truck? Does it help with the "relationship" giving you new ideas for the bedroom, or hinder leading to feelings of jealousy and inadequacy ... or does it just help you get a stiffy?

But to answer your question ...

Yes, I have seen some lads who work in the bars of Soi Twilight in Bangkok and some from bars in Pattaya. Usually, (to my eyes) they are not the most desirable in the establishment but look pretty good in their photos. Effective lighting and a little use of Adobe Photoshop works wonders.

I'm not a great fan of this genre, prefering do have personal experience. However, I accept that some websites and their links don't give you much choice. Some 'GayThailand' websites have pictorial banners that leave little to the imagination.

When presented with such unasked for photos I usually find myself trying to work out which hotel room the photos were taken in and wonder if the 'shoot' was happening when I was visiting in an adjoining room.

Have noticed the the subject forum over the past few weeks has become somewhat quiet and static.

Have all the gay issues, problems, questions already been covered and discussed?

I have 1 but need to be careful in the wording and obfuscate since talking about the "P" word is verboten here.

Yes, cm-happy, I've noticed that the forum is a bit inactive and I have transmited my ideas to PB in a PM.

In the next few days I'm going to introduce a subject that I expect may be controversial and stir the waters.

Of course the quiet period has nothing at all to do with the Xmas & New Year period....or the peak vacation time that December is...

Certain internet sites that deal with specialized photography either artistic or educational featuring unabashed models.

Has any one recognized any of these models?

I've seen one that I knew from the CM gay venues.

anyone else?

Some examples, hopefully worded so they don't spoil PB's Sunday...........

There's one guy used to hang out at CM Night Bazzar, who stars in several adult themed :D DVD's which are on sale in the US. Always chuckle to myself when I see him around :bah:

A friend told me about this website (I don't think its accessible in Thailand), that has a Farang who posts weekly videos of himself intimately enjoying the company of one or more Thai males. Apparently, several of these guys are recognizable from various well known gay venues. There's a charge to download so I guess that's how this Farang makes his sordid living :D in LOS.

Recently there's a crowd of people at a friend's house, including this Thai guy who's visiting from BKK, one of the others dissapears on a motorbike for ten minutes, comes back and sticks this DVD on the TV for all to see the BKK visitor engaging in some activites I doubt his mother would approve of (but then this is Thailand so :D maybe she would...). The visitors face was an absolute picture - I never new Thai skin could glow so red! Priceless :D

Of course, I've never seen any of these Videos myself, you understand :o

Being the shy sort of person that I am, just where would I find DVD's that are well done and, of course, are of an artistic theme?

As for the quiet and static nature of things--I think that's pretty much everywhere right now. Even the Newsclippings and General Topics are a bit lacklustre. On this site, the problem has to do breaching rules and it's sometimes a little difficult to to post topics which might lead in a wrong direction. There is now a closed topic about massages that this seemed to happen to.

Of course, the rules are there for a reason, but one of the problems is that there is a whole group of people out there that might not fall into that category but who are a little bit opportunistic. I am afraid discussions of this group could deteriorate or cross the line.

I have been aware of one or two persons who allowed themselves to be photographed in very, um, personal circumstances and later regretted it because the images (naturally enough) showed up on the Internet. On the other hand, some people are quite forward and put their own images very prominently on cruising/personals sites. I think that putting someone else's image up on the Internet is very dodgy ethically, even if you have informed the person it is your plan to do so.

Of course, the ThaiVisa general rules prohibit discussion about prostitution or moneyboys.

well, that about eliminates 90% of the topics that could be posted about gay specific life in thailand...as then the post would more appropriately be put in one of the other generic forums.

Edited by JonnieB

Well, it's true that it eliminates a great deal of what most foreigners SEE of gay life here, but as expats we should be stretching our frontiers a bit more, right?- most of the Thai gay scene has nothing to do with foreigners at all, and though it has its own "issues," there's quite a lot happening out there that has nothing to do with prostitution at all.

There are plenty of forums on which to discuss prostitution; I think it's kind of nice that we have one where the topic is directed elsewhere. And speaking of that topic......?

If you think of a topic, start a new topic. If you look back in the back pages of the Gay in Thailand part of ThaiVisa, perhaps an old topic will get you thinking. You can either comment on it, which will 'reopen' it as an active thread, or just start a new 'thread' on that topic, giving your opinion or asking.

As always, forum rules require us to stick to the issues, not the poster's personal life. No flaming or insulting, so this is a safe place for everybody.

Of course, the ThaiVisa general rules prohibit discussion about prostitution or moneyboys.

well, that about eliminates 90% of the topics that could be posted about gay specific life in thailand...as then the post would more appropriately be put in one of the other generic forums.

The problem is the boundaries between prostitution and a normal gay relationship are very blurred in Thailand where a Farang is one of the partners. Whilst Thai-Thai gay relationships can be on an equal footing, it seems almost impossible for a Farang-Thai relationship to operate in the same way. i.e. without some outflow of wealth from the Farang.

Why is this specific to Thailand?

I've had boyfriends from both Malaysia and Taiwan, both much younger than me, and both with very little money. Yet they always insisted on paying their share of whatever, and were often trying to pay for everything. Yet in Thailand this would be almost unheard of, even among more upwardly mobile younger guys. I know the Thai culture thing about the more senior person gets the honour of paying, but the behaviour I'm talking about runs much deeper than that where a Farang is invovled.

I know what you mean, but it's still not universal. I've known quite a few Thai gay guys who were at pains to keep financial matters out of the friendship (though I won't begrudge anyone a meal or bowl of noodles). Part of it is the reputation the tourist community has made for us among a certain mercenary English/Tinglish-speaking subpopulation, who make themselves available and easy to meet. Working on some *minimal* Thai skills, remembering how to flirt, and learning how (and where) to meet other Thais the same way they meet each other is a big help, and then you simply dismiss anyone who tries to pull the stupid tourist ghetto stuff on you- they stick out like a sore thumb in any more "normal" part of the scene.

There are inequities and sometimes financial expectations for the Thai scene, too, incidentally- so it's not like Thai guys are in some kind of trouble-free paradise. They just have more information and more choices (which is generally true about anything related to Thais in Thailand).

Of course, getting back to the topic, most of the more "normal" types are not going to be very excited about having someone take naughty, potentially dangerous pictures of them.

"S"

Despite the obsession by some, the play for cash scene is only a tiny part of the overall gay scene in Thailand. Trouble is many farangs seem to head in that direction when arriving in LOS. There's a big wide world out there that doesn't include seedy bars.

Despite the obsession by some, the play for cash scene is only a tiny part of the overall gay scene in Thailand. Trouble is many farangs seem to head in that direction when arriving in LOS. There's a big wide world out there that doesn't include seedy bars.

yeah right...that's why days go by without a new (let alone interesting) post on the forum.