Relocation: Thailand To Australia

Have used Crown Relocations a few times for international moves and always been happy with the service. This has always been paid by company tho'

Recently when doing a move domestically within Bangkok for a personal move I paid for, I used a company called JVK Movers Limited. They quoted about half the price of Crown, who seemed expensive for such a small move, and their service was similarly good. They also re-used their boxes, which I guess is environmentally friendly as well as keeping costs down. They do international moves, but not sure about Oz.

I used Crown from Sydney - BKK , very good , reason is they have there own people in Sydney and Bangkok instead of subcontractors , price was competitive with othere companies of same size , are cheaper ones around , but good to ask who handles , clears and deliver goods at other end

Don't know much about Aus-Thai moves, but I do know this from experience - ALWAYS make sure you are checking the numberd boxes/items as they go out the door and have someone else (if poss) check them onto the back of the truck.

I was moving an elderly family member's condo from one city to another and failed to do the double cross check. Upon arrival one "number" was missing. Now what? When we eventually (later) unpacked everything it seemed the 'silverware' was missing (which the mover packed). But who is sitting there writing down the contents of every box? Most likely neither you nor the movers?

Edited by thaigene2