Can Anyone Give Infomation On Injections Need For Thailand

BillyDeno

Any information as have been to my daughters GP they sent to school of tropical medicine who want to charge me for infomation before I even get stung with injection cost. Will if have to but thought I would try out forum first. So if you know please infom me.

Other than the standard immunizations which they will already have had:

rabies (human diploid)

hepatitis A

Same for you & any other adults travelling

Hepatitis B not necessary for 8 year old, advisable for adults IF they are likely to be having sexual contact with locals or using injectable drugs. Unlike Hep A it is not spread thru food or water, only blood and bodily fluids.

Other than the standard immunizations which they will already have had:

rabies (human diploid)

hepatitis A

Same for you & any other adults travelling

Hepatitis B not necessary for 8 year old, advisable for adults IF they are likely to be having sexual contact with locals or using injectable drugs. Unlike Hep A it is not spread thru food or water, only blood and bodily fluids.

Thanks Sheryl Im all up 2 date with my injections just Emma to sort out.

• 1 month later...
Any information as have been to my daughters GP they sent to school of tropical medicine who want to charge me for infomation before I even get stung with injection cost. Will if have to but thought I would try out forum first. So if you know please infom me.

It's important to get up-to-date information on the vaccinations necessary for the country you're visiting. It's also worth noting that the diseases to which you will be susceptible and those to which you will be resistant already depend, to a certain extent, on the country you live in.

For people resident in the UK there's a good reference on the NHS Direct web site: http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/artic...?articleId=2307

HTH

jtv