Coping With Low Voltage Mains

zzSleepyJohn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the pleasure of living at the end of a Soi, and the end of the Power supply route ... would you call this ''Low'' :D

Yeah, I'd call that "low" - I'd call this "lower"! :o

post-23545-1213104856_thumb.jpg

Immediately after tonight's storm-blackout, it re-started at around 68v and slowly crawled up. The voltage displayed is from the UPS input, so after it's already been bumped up by the AVR!

post-23545-1213104879_thumb.jpg

I have the pleasure of living at the end of a Soi, and the end of the Power supply route ... would you call this ''Low'' :D

Yeah, I'd call that "low" - I'd call this "lower"! :o

post-23545-1213104856_thumb.jpg

Immediately after tonight's storm-blackout, it re-started at around 68v and slowly crawled up. The voltage displayed is from the UPS input, so after it's already been bumped up by the AVR!

Incredible :D

That really goes beyond the realms of just an underprovided overloaded system though, doesn't it!

Looks more symptomatic of a good old fault, to me. Perhaps one phase of the local distribution had gone completely down and/or your neutral was somehow riding up?? Under those sort of conditions, I'd be inclined to get my multimeter and a long wire to clip to an earth somewhere, and see what voltage is showing between neutral and earth. I've seen instances where the neutral wire has gone faulty and the whole house, even with appliances swiched off, is up at 220v

+ SJ

• 2 years later...

i'm looking to buy one of those tca-1200 however powermatic stopped importing them and data IT in fortune mall doesn't have it.

i'm living in koh samui and thus the need of such a device....

does someone know a place wich still sells them or a device similary priced?

thanks