Change Of Income In Workpermit

Ihave a workpermit, but it says i make 30.000 baht a month and i pay tax for the 30.000 baht.

For the extension of stay, based on being married on a non imm o visa I need to make 40.000 baht a month i understood.

Does my workpermit has to be changed or do I just go to the tx office and say I want to pay tax for a 40.000 baht a month income?

if I have to change my income in my workpermit how much will that cost?

thanx

baco

There is no requirement that you make the 40k - perhaps it would be easier if the wife made 10k to add to your income to make the 40k total? Have no idea if it would cost anything to change the work permit - but tax would be a bit more. Don't know how the tax office would react but suspect they would try to accommodate you.

There is no requirement that you make the 40k - perhaps it would be easier if the wife made 10k to add to your income to make the 40k total? Have no idea if it would cost anything to change the work permit - but tax would be a bit more. Don't know how the tax office would react but suspect they would try to accommodate you.

well don't know how to do that because we run a bussiness together.

will check with my laywer

thanx

Does your WP really say how much you make. I think it's only the paperwork (contract) used to get the WP that will have that info.

I don't think immigration looks at the paperwork used, but rather just the WP itself. The actual money issue is solved by paperwork from the tax department showing how much you made, paid tax on, and so forth.

Immigration is only interested in seeing that you qualify with 40k per month, total family income.

The Labor Office doesn't care about that, only that their requirements are met.

My own work permit (issued 2006) does not state my salary. I assume it's the supporting paperwork that shows that sort of information (I am not sure as my Thai colleagues handle that side of things) but I very much doubt Immigration would talk to the Labor Office to get copies of those particular forms.

I work for a company and we assist foreigners in getting work permits on a daily basis as well as I have a work permit. My work permit nor any of the ones I help mention the salary. It only mentions job title, address etc..Where did you get your work permit? Is it legit? Just asking as we do this on a daily basis and your post seems very strange to me.

Best of luck and if I can help let me know.

Dan

Ihave a workpermit, but it says i make 30.000 baht a month and i pay tax for the 30.000 baht.

For the extension of stay, based on being married on a non imm o visa I need to make 40.000 baht a month i understood.

Does my workpermit has to be changed or do I just go to the tx office and say I want to pay tax for a 40.000 baht a month income?

thanx

baco

You just start paying on the higher amount of 40k. You are correct that you must be getting at least 30K per month as that was what your wp was approved on.

If when your lawyer applied for you, it was just 15K then this would be your minimum. The Labor Dept reviews your file when you renew your wp to confirm that you are paying tax on this minimum amt that they approved your wp on the first time. You want to have a higher salary, its ok.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

thanx

baco

You just start paying on the higher amount of 40k. You are correct that you must be getting at least 30K per month as that was what your wp was approved on.

If when your lawyer applied for you, it was just 15K then this would be your minimum. The Labor Dept reviews your file when you renew your wp to confirm that you are paying tax on this minimum amt that they approved your wp on the first time. You want to have a higher salary, its ok.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

So I understand that I just go to the tax office and say I want to pay tax on the amaount of 40k?

thnx a lot for this info helps me a lot.

Baco

I work for a company and we assist foreigners in getting work permits on a daily basis as well as I have a work permit. My work permit nor any of the ones I help mention the salary. It only mentions job title, address etc..Where did you get your work permit? Is it legit? Just asking as we do this on a daily basis and your post seems very strange to me.

Best of luck and if I can help let me know.

Dan

It is ligit my wp and it really says I make 30k a month.

But if you see the rply of sunbelt just below here I can just go to the tax office and start paying tax over 40k a month.

thnx a lot for your reply