Sky Lab

chownah

I visited Chayphum several years ago and they had a kind of vehicle there called a sky lab....it was like a sporty version of a tuk tuk....do they still have them and do they still make them? Could I buy one?...I'm not really thinking of buying one in the near future but I'm just wondering...maybe in the future.

Chownah

I think you could ask any of the owners where they bought theirs. One thing I never liked about them is that the front end is very much higher then the back end. Why do they build them like that? It would probably be pretty comfortable if you were sitting facing the front but that is not the case.

Ohh heck I see the picture, a Saamlaw, or rather Motor Samlaw. Yes there are hundreds around here! A menace.

They manufacture in Udon in the city. I would imagine the same in KK or all the bigger places.

I don't see why you could not buy one, its just... why?

It's the "sporty" bit that got me laughing :o

Ohh heck I see the picture, a Saamlaw, or rather Motor Samlaw. Yes there are hundreds around here! A menace.

They manufacture in Udon in the city. I would imagine the same in KK or all the bigger places.

I don't see why you could not buy one, its just... why?

It's the "sporty" bit that got me laughing :o

I've looked around a bit and there seems to be several companies around that make these things and they seem to come in various styles and sizes. The one I rode in in Chaiyaphum was actually a very sporty ride....it would way out accelerate any tuk tuk I have been in and had a more comfortable ride to boot. Having looked at the link posted above (thanks for that Totster) and a couple of others I can see how in general these things are not very quick.....but there is at least one in Chaiyaphum (or at least was one...maybe its gone to three wheel heaven by now) that was a fun ride. I figured they were all like that but now, thanks to you guys, I know better.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

I've looked around a bit and there seems to be several companies around that make these things and they seem to come in various styles and sizes. The one I rode in in Chaiyaphum was actually a very sporty ride....it would way out accelerate any tuk tuk I have been in and had a more comfortable ride to boot. Having looked at the link posted above (thanks for that Totster) and a couple of others I can see how in general these things are not very quick.....but there is at least one in Chaiyaphum (or at least was one...maybe its gone to three wheel heaven by now) that was a fun ride. I figured they were all like that but now, thanks to you guys, I know better.

Chownah

Ahhh...that must have been the turbo Saamlaw. Extra Chrome, a downforce spoiler and "four on the floor".

Of course, naturally....... the Issan Saamlaw can outdrag any Bangkok Tuk Tuk away from the lights. The really competitive have slicks

If you want to pay the extra I am sure they are available