How To Get A Retirement Visa (easily) In Chiang Mai

I got my third retirement visa yestrerday at Chiang Mai - and it was a totally painless process. I have read over the months about the problems and issues some folks have so it is a welcome change to compliment the Thai Immigration Office for a job done well.

Just for the record, and to help anyone else (who finds this stuff helpful) this is what i submitted:

• Application form with photo attached
  • Passport and photocopy copy of: personal details, pages showing first and second (earlier) retirement visas, last entry stamp, immigration slip which is pinned in passport when you last arrived
  • Copy of the name page and all account pages in Bank Book which had my deposit funds (i.e 800k or part thereof)
  • Copy of the name page and all pages from my regular Bank Book, with a separate sheet listing and totalling the amounts transfered into my account from overseas durng the year (pension payments etc) and dates.
  • Letter from British consulate confirming my residence and income
  • ThB 1900

OK the process took a while (couple of hours) but it was a busy morning, but i had no hassle and walked out with the visa after two "interviews"

For once a compliment not a brickbat to CM Immigration

(And no, my wife, or second and third cousin, or neighbour does not work in that office;-) ).