Brace Yourselves In Bophut

Rooo

Tonight a party is taking place on Bophut Hills. Imagine the noise being generated all over the valley?Another all nighter from sunset to sunrise.

Doesn't the island have enough of these parties? The noise generated from Chaweng lake so many times a month isn't that enough?

Add to that the many Karaoke open air venues springing up everywhere carrying the voices of some demented drunk at 1 am.

Thank you Gecko promotions from Bophut for your contribution. Just what we needed.

Thank you from all the workers, school children ,hospitals,hotels & residents in the affected areas.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's all about money, money, money, money, money, money, money..... who the heck gives a "...." about nature, about others, about serenity, peace, calmness, neighbors, quallity of living...?

Hope they run a holistic center as well... :o

Yep. Of course it's illegal! Out of legal hours etc. etc. Amazing really. Run by a guy who has always promoted his housing project as a peaceful location. Ha ha! What a joke. Used to be involved in Buddy Bar. Another illegal hours unsuccessful waste of space!

Keep those phones ringing to the police when you're sick of unsuccessfully trying to get to sleep for a few hours.

I was under the impression that there was a "party permit" that could be applied for that allowed one to play music all night. If enough people complained it might be enough to get the permit cancelled.

Careful, it might blow you clean out of your rocking chairs ha ha :o

Having checked your profile, you're not exactly in the first flush of youth yourself! I highly recommend you stop making what some might consider offensive and personal remarks to people you dont know r we might arrange for the next venue to be placed right next to you sunshine! And if that's a photo of you, I suggest you get down to Bandon to get a bit of work done!

I say party on make as much noise as he likes I can't hear a thing I'm not there, sorry guy's this is the crap we have to put up with, even in my neck of the woods Ban Tai I can hear karaoke from 5 km away late at night. I suppose we could complain like BBC and say they are polluting the environment not the beach.

Calling the police to complain about their greatest benefactor. Now that is funny.

Best to 'mai pen rai' it, you know like the natives.

What makes you think I'm not a "native" as you so pleasantly refer to us as?

Are you one person because you used " i'm " or are you a group because you used 'us'?

Did that really upset you? that i used the word 'native'? feeling left out?

btw. Don't answer because i don't care.

The point is if you are a native -you know the people who lived there a long time for generations- they already learned to ignore most things and know there place in society. And they know when to protest and when to shut up. The newcomers who feel that they are 'local' after a while still have some problems with that. The western 'luggage' is to dominant.

I have that problem, so i left. With me this realisation kicked in about after a year. For some that process is slower and some don't have that problem.

But to stay on topic, if you know who owns Buddy Bar, and you know who runs this 'party', you need a very powerful friend to make them stop.

For those who don't have such a friend learning how the natives react is very important. So go stand in front of a mirror and practice 'mai pen rai', 'mai pen rai'.

Calling the police to complain about their greatest benefactor. Now that is funny.

Best to 'mai pen rai' it, you know like the natives.

What makes you think I'm not a "native" as you so pleasantly refer to us as?

Are you one person because you used " i'm " or are you a group because you used 'us'?

Did that really upset you? that i used the word 'native'? feeling left out?

btw. Don't answer because i don't care.

The point is if you are a native -you know the people who lived there a long time for generations- they already learned to ignore most things and know there place in society. And they know when to protest and when to shut up. The newcomers who feel that they are 'local' after a while still have some problems with that. The western 'luggage' is to dominant.

I have that problem, so i left. With me this realisation kicked in about after a year. For some that process is slower and some don't have that problem.

But to stay on topic, if you know who owns Buddy Bar, and you know who runs this 'party', you need a very powerful friend to make them stop.

For those who don't have such a friend learning how the natives react is very important. So go stand in front of a mirror and practice 'mai pen rai', 'mai pen rai'.

Clearly your understanding of English language is not as good as mine even though I am but a simple native! "I'm" as in I am a native and "us" as in we, the group of people you refer to as "natives".

Keep your totally uninformed advice to yourself, it is not required. I have read on here many times that you are a bit of a w-----. Just happy to have it confirmed. However just so I am not accused of being to much "off topic", despite what this expert Jean says, a barrage of calls to the police will in fact have a little influence, particularly if they are to police on the mainland.

And if that's a photo of you, I suggest you get down to Bandon to get a bit of work done!

Or the local Vet.

Hmmm ... must have put both of your brain cells together to come out with such whit. Isn't it past your bedtime anyway? :D

And if that's a photo of you, I suggest you get down to Bandon to get a bit of work done!

Wow!! B*tchy or what!!? Better get your slippers on and hit the 7/11 for some OB's ha ha

Ha ha! Actually you're not a bad looking lad for your age but I just thought I would wind you up a bit to see if you could take it as well as give it out and still retain your sense of humour! It appears that maybe you can, so enjoy the party! Please ask them to turn it down a bit after about three though eh, or I might lose my balance on my zimmer frame as I take my seventh visit to the bathroom to cater for my incontinence!

Or the local Vet.

Hmmm ... must have put both of your brain cells together to come out with such whit. Isn't it past your bedtime anyway? :D

Sure is . Good night.. Keep the noise down.

is this going to be a regular event, its driving me nuts, expect it in Chaweng but here in the sticks it is not on. few more empty houses in monkey theatre if it is going to be regular

Edited by NALAK

How bad actually is it? I am not there at the moment but my home is!

Cheers.

Actually from where I am , it wa not that bad.They didn't seem to increase the volume as it got later.But then I can't speak for other people & how it affected them.