Brace Yourselves In Bophut

Rooo

Whats disc golf? Is that the same thing as frisbee golf? Someone actually set up business doing frisbee golf?

Yes. Disc-golf is also called frisbee golf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf

And to answer your 2nd question: Yes, you better beleive it honey, not only one but they keep doing it over and over again!! And fail, offcourse.

All of them with grand opening articles in Samui express. Most of them done by the same "reporter" so to speak. Theres a reason for that aswell but lets not go to far. Well known facts are useless to print in the forum since everybody know them and also they tend to (rightfully) get threads closed due to forumrules. Anyway, hope i answered your questions. :o

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt be too concerned about this party happening again, it was a huge loss for someone that was desperate for a huge influx of cash. all the money spent to promote the event was borrowed, the event was a disaster, attendance was very poor and half of them were non paying. lol @ connected. this man is about as connected as my big toe is to this keyboard.

look for a legitimate international hotel chain to be taking over that property soon, at a very big bargain discount price.

"Bophut Hills" as someone mentioned....but where exactly is that location ?

Anybody who can post a Google Earth image perhaps ?

LaoPo

Hmmmm...no GE experts on Samui who can post an image from the exact location of said premises....keeping everybody awake ? :D

So, if someone can tell WHERE it is, than we know more or less where to go to stop these @$#%'s... :D

Note:

What happened here at Lake Chaweng ?..... :o

LaoPo

Is this in the same are as where the new disc golf course is? Is that still running too? I haven't seen advertising for it anywhere except for the grand opening party article in the Samui Express

No dont think so. Closed already from the looks off it. At least there dont seem to be any people there.

But the old disc-golf is still up and running i think. And thats been going for some years so that might be a better one to check out.... :D .

Boy are we off topic in this thread?? But at least we have fun! :o

Mattias ,

If you are talking about the old Disc Golf in Bophut hills, that is also long gone, it is Now a golf course. Bophut hills Golf Course 9 holes.

Ok, thanks for that correction roo, i actually thought they where still doing the disc-golf, but i just pass there occasionaly and see there is people. So what we learned here is that disc-golf buisness is probably not a good buisness-idea on this island then. Allthough im pretty sure within a few months somebody else come with a "new approach" as always. And as always they pay the "reporters" in samui express to print "articles" (all writen by the owners, same as "foodreviews"). And then close down.......Bankrupsy.

How many times we have to watch the story over and over again? It always amuse me though, to hear the newbies with all their new ideas and new approaches and even when you tell them that its all been done before and dont waste your time and money, they still think their "new idea" is sooooooooo good. I been an expats for only 2 years and i think i already seen 50 people take over crap resorts with no potential what so ever, bars that changed owners 10 times/year. You warn them but they keep claiming "i have free food once a week so i make it" or "i put in maitservice, thats going to change it all". Sad, and amusing, at the same time. If some of these newbies only took the time to at least read Koh samui forum in Thaivisa for half a year before coming here, probably alot of the bankrupsy could be avoided.

Mega off topic by now, but people in westernworld reading this thread before coming here and start up discgolf, hope you learned!!!

:D

what amuses me is people commenting with certainty on things they really have no actual knowledge of. in fact, if you would have actually read through the thread and perhaps applied a bit of reading comprehension you may have discerned that the THAI owner of the resort that frisbee golf was a part of is now insolvent and had to borrow money to host a party which was, by all accounts, a bust, in a last ditch effort to rescue his 2 hotels. 1000 baht entrance fee, 3000 baht bottles of vodka and 750 baht sang som buckets perhaps were a bit too much for the average party goer but i'm sure sounded appealing to the thai owner and thai party promoter pre-party when multiplied by the thousands of people they expected to attend.

mega off topic now, but people in the western world reading this thread or any other, perhaps a moments pause prior to hitting the add reply before commenting on things they know nothing of, hope you learned!!!

Is this in the same are as where the new disc golf course is? Is that still running too? I haven't seen advertising for it anywhere except for the grand opening party article in the Samui Express

No dont think so. Closed already from the looks off it. At least there dont seem to be any people there.

But the old disc-golf is still up and running i think. And thats been going for some years so that might be a better one to check out.... :D .

Boy are we off topic in this thread?? But at least we have fun! :o

Mattias ,

If you are talking about the old Disc Golf in Bophut hills, that is also long gone, it is Now a golf course. Bophut hills Golf Course 9 holes.

Ok, thanks for that correction roo, i actually thought they where still doing the disc-golf, but i just pass there occasionaly and see there is people. So what we learned here is that disc-golf buisness is probably not a good buisness-idea on this island then. Allthough im pretty sure within a few months somebody else come with a "new approach" as always. And as always they pay the "reporters" in samui express to print "articles" (all writen by the owners, same as "foodreviews"). And then close down.......Bankrupsy.

How many times we have to watch the story over and over again? It always amuse me though, to hear the newbies with all their new ideas and new approaches and even when you tell them that its all been done before and dont waste your time and money, they still think their "new idea" is sooooooooo good. I been an expats for only 2 years and i think i already seen 50 people take over crap resorts with no potential what so ever, bars that changed owners 10 times/year. You warn them but they keep claiming "i have free food once a week so i make it" or "i put in maitservice, thats going to change it all". Sad, and amusing, at the same time. If some of these newbies only took the time to at least read Koh samui forum in Thaivisa for half a year before coming here, probably alot of the bankrupsy could be avoided.

Mega off topic by now, but people in westernworld reading this thread before coming here and start up discgolf, hope you learned!!!

:D

what amuses me is people commenting with certainty on things they really have no actual knowledge of. in fact, if you would have actually read through the thread and perhaps applied a bit of reading comprehension you may have discerned that the THAI owner of the resort that frisbee golf was a part of is now insolvent and had to borrow money to host a party which was, by all accounts, a bust, in a last ditch effort to rescue his 2 hotels. 1000 baht entrance fee, 3000 baht bottles of vodka and 750 baht sang som buckets perhaps were a bit too much for the average party goer but i'm sure sounded appealing to the thai owner and thai party promoter pre-party when multiplied by the thousands of people they expected to attend.

mega off topic now, but people in the western world reading this thread or any other, perhaps a moments pause prior to hitting the add reply before commenting on things they know nothing of, hope you learned!!!

Excuse me, but to be completely honest i really dont think we are talking about the same disc-golf aswell as the same party. Yes, i know exactly what i was talking about, all the facts, due to that i got the whole story from the farang part-owner. I have to say that it sounds like you are presenting some real facts and i dont think we mean the same buisness-story. As said already, soooooooo off topic that at least i am willing to let it go.

Over and out.

The disc golf which just recently closed was run by different people who used to run the old one. The most recent one (just below the Khao Pra Seaview Resort) had it's soft opening on October 7th. I know, I was there. I played a round with the new guy AND the old part-owner and heard all the stories. IMO, "location, location, location" contrbuted to closing it. The way to get there was flooded most of late-October thru mid-December and taking a taxi there involved a lot of hunting. Beautiful view though.

The disc golf which just recently closed was run by different people who used to run the old one. The most recent one (just below the Khao Pra Seaview Resort) had it's soft opening on October 7th. I know, I was there. I played a round with the new guy AND the old part-owner and heard all the stories. IMO, "location, location, location" contrbuted to closing it. The way to get there was flooded most of late-October thru mid-December and taking a taxi there involved a lot of hunting. Beautiful view though.

Not to worry, there will be new attemps. Probably before the end of the season..... :o

location was certainly a factor that prevented the thai owner from putting any guests in his hotel rooms and going 250 million baht in debt and leaving many other unpaid debts to both thai and farang he had done resort related business with in the 2 years preceding his addition of the frisbee golf course. i am sure he will correct this very soon by attempting to borrow another hundred million or so for the addition of another hotel on the same property. his 20% stake in buddy beer lamai is now up for sale for a fraction of what he paid and his solar lighting company is no longer in business.

facts are not as common as common sense, which in thailand has proven to be a rare commodity.

Not to worry, there will be new attemps. Probably before the end of the season..... :o

perhaps, just as there will always be someone here ready to criticize, mock or lambaste others for attempting to do something new, or even something old with a new twist.

i will be opening a new beer bar with ladies who smoke cigars whilst wearing a nuns habit, in lamai next month.

i tell you this now so you will have time to sharpen your vernacular daggers in advance, more thought has been put into this endeavor than you could possibly imagine.

perhaps, just as there will always be someone here ready to criticize, mock or lambaste others for attempting to do something new, or even something old with a new twist.

i will be opening a new beer bar with ladies who smoke cigars whilst wearing a nuns habit, in lamai next month.

i tell you this now so you will have time to sharpen your vernacular daggers in advance, more thought has been put into this endeavor than you could possibly imagine.

Thats what i call something old with a new twist. Be sure to tell us where in Lamai this is. :D