Re-entry Permit

You need to have the photos and be checked in for your flight if you apply inside the terminal - allow at least an extra 20 minutes. I suspect, but have not seen any report, that you can obtain during business hours at the immigration office inside the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel.

You're right, there is an area where you can obtain Re-entry Permits before your flight.

I went to Suvarnabhumi Airport at 2am because I had just remembered I needed to extend my visa (it runs out on the 13th of January), and I spoke to the officials at Re-entry Permit. At that time, there were'nt any lines. In fact there was no one at all. They could not extend my visa at all within Suvarnabhumi Airport, but the point is they can do Re-entry Permits and if you arrive early, you'll be sure to get it done before your flight. Check the immigration website for doc's.

As for the Novotel Hotel adjacent to the Suvarnabhumi Airport, you're also right about them being able to issue and make extensions on Visa's too. However, for the next 10 days they will not be available to do so because the Prince is currently in residence there. There is an Immigration department situated within the Novotel Hotel.

BTW, I got my extension done today at BKK Immigration Bureau:)

Thx guys. Just to be on the safe side ill run down suan plu on Monday, just for piece of mind. As im travelling alone to the UK with my 2 year old daughter im trying to make the trip as straight forward as possible!

You can apply on line..I was in and out in about five minutes...see their web site...you can even park in a special place and use the window..Just like a McDonalds take away!

I have read this URL and the notes to the right hand side, but some part might be incorrect.

In particular, "You could apply an extention stay or a re-entry permit at every checkpoint."

Checkpoint = Suvarnabhumi Airport.

However, from what my thai boyfriend and I was told from the airport official at the Immigration Re-entry Permit desk, was that extensions of some visa's, in particular the Tourist Visa, cannot be extended there.

Re-entry permits can be made at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Apparently, Novotel Hotel adjacent to the airport, however, can extend visas. Not sure if Novotel Hotel cuts it as a checkpoint in particular, but it seems misleading that the website says the airport can do it.That is from my experience.

Edited by Onnutrd