Hotels Around Fang

AjarnP

Hi all,

I'm looking for hotels, resorts or guest houses around chiang dao/fang

We are planning a long cycling trip from Chiang Mai heading more or less North-East to Chiang rai via route 107 etc. and will need an overnight in that area.

Ideally it would be around 120-140Km by road from Chiang Mai, our start point. A good budget might be between 1 & 2 k

Many thanks in advance to anyone living in the area that can provide some recommendations.

Ajarn P :o

Chiang Mai to Fang is 150 km. 2 hotels in Fang (Chok Tani) and another newer on on same side of road within 1 km of Chok tani, price of C T is less than 1000 baht dont know about the other one. Chang Dao is half way between CM and Fang.

I beg to differ. Loads of fun to be had in Fang, coyote dancers etc. I love it as an overnight and more fun (for a single male) than Chiang Dao (though not as scenic).

Can't remember the name of the hotel but if you enter the city from the south the road will make an obvious tight 90 degree right, instead of following traffic right make a left where the road (and most traffic) bear right. A nice 3-4 storey, new, clean hotel on your left (on a corner) less than 100 yards up the road. Its an obvious hotel with ample parking and spots for your bikes. About 450 baht when I was there about a month ago. Even has a clean restaraunt in the lobby with real chairs, not those plastic stools.

If you want a nice place in Chiang Dao for cheap stay at the Rim Doi resort, just outside of town. 350 baht gets you a gorgeous teak bungalow. Its located about 1 km up the 1178 off the 107 on your left hand side. For decent farang food in Chiang Dao I've had good luck at Kurt and Mons place located on the 107 at the outside apex of a large sweeping left as you are heading north. Large portions also for packing in the carbs.

Good luck.