Uk Finace Visa Application Logistics

Been looking at lots of previous posts on the issue of the finace visa application process for the UK but can't quite find the info I'm looking for.

I’m British citizen and my girlfriend is Thai. We got engaged recently and are looking to move to the UK. I’m currently in Australia, she is in Sisaket. We’ve got all the documents together for her fiancé visa application but with me being in Sydney and her out of Bangkok we’re having difficulty arranging the logistics for making the application, attending interviews etc.

I’ll be in Bangkok on my way back to UK at the start of December. I’ve told my gf to lodge the application as soon as she can get a chance to go to BKK (not easy as she teaches on weekdays so likely to not be until October school holidays) and we’ll try and get an interview scheduled for December. Can we be specific in requesting interview dates?

Has anyone got any experience of how long the process takes? If my girlfriend spends a few days off school in BKK is it possible for her to lodge the application on a Monday and get an interview straight away or will she have to make a trip back to Bangkok for an interview at a later date?

We really want to get everything sorted interview wise before I get to Bangkok in December so we can book her flight in advance and both move on the UK together (otherwise she’ll be missing Xmas with me if we have to wait until I’m in BKK to go to interview).

An idea or the timeline from someones experiences would be appreciated.

According to the embassy website the current waiting time for settlement visa interviews is 12 weeks. My advice would therefore be for your fiancée to submit her application by post. The embassy will then write to her with a date for interview which, if the timing is right, should be in December if she were to apply now.

Scouse.