Screen Capture Software

aussman

Hi....I have recently downloaded and started to use Easy Capture (screen capture). This is the first time I have used this type of software and I can see advantages for research etc in being able to easily obtain graphics and text. My question is whether i am in danger of picking up a virus or spy ware using this process. Many thanks in advance for any informed replies.

cheers..Auss.

I use mainly 2 different programs: 1. FScreen and 2. Screenshot Captor. Both are Freeware and Fscreen is on TV Download.

Fscreen is a nifty small program whic I use for to capture the whole screen by just hitting the PrtSc Key. Is is the best and fastes prog for shots special if you want to captiure a single Frame from a Movie for example or an Falsh Animation and so on. The filesize of the pic is depend on your Monitor size and resulution.

Screenshot Capture is for any other use for multiple formats, capture areas and so on. Just register after download for the Website and the prog is without NagScreen. Download from HERE

Do you want something simple and yet so effective?

Do you want something squeaky clean and doesn't come with any spyware or adware?

Then use MWSnap...

But wait, there's more!

It's FREE!!!

Free as in free speech and free beer!

Get it HERE

Hi....I have recently downloaded and started to use Easy Capture (screen capture). This is the first time I have used this type of software and I can see advantages for research etc in being able to easily obtain graphics and text. My question is whether i am in danger of picking up a virus or spy ware using this process. Many thanks in advance for any informed replies.

cheers..Auss.

I tried this app after seeing it in bangkok post. The 'capture window / object' feature on EasyCapture was useful, but overall i found it very buggy. The capture cropped image feature cuts off the left and bottom edge, and the 'handles' on the internal crop tool are broken. You can't resize the crop selection, very annoying...

I use Snag It!!! And as for your download - if scanned for viruses and comes up clean no worries. :D

SnagIt is Payware!

For some.... :D

Execpt for pirates!.... :o

All you have to do in Windows is hit print scr and you copy the screen to clipboard - open any image processor program and do what you want.

Yeah but sometimes a tool especially for the job like Snagit is required.

Depends on what you want to do but for high quality manuals, guides etc it seems to be the choice of a lot of professionals

Speed of use is woth the 30 dollar entry fee for me alone - I save so much time with it both on written work and on support calls.

This is the good old fashioned way and probably the most simple one that doesn't require any extra software. The best thing to do is to paste the screen captured on paint then crop the one that you need.

All you have to do in Windows is hit print scr and you copy the screen to clipboard - open any image processor program and do what you want.

that's too easy! most people like it complicated :o

by the way... until a few minutes ago i had no idea that hitting "print scr" without pressing "shift" works. but now i know. thanks Lopburi!

that's too easy! most people like it complicated :o

by the way... until a few minutes ago i had no idea that hitting "print scr" without pressing "shift" works. but now i know. thanks Lopburi!

There are times when you have to to press another key with prt sc. It depends on the kind of keyboard that you have. Most laptop computers would have the prt sc as the second function. But just like what you said, some like it a little fancy... This is too vanilla flavored for some. : )

Edited by sensei

That's fine but has a disadvantage: you have to save every shot before the next one otherwise you loose the old! With FSScreen you just hit PrtSc and your shot is saved directly as file and that program is the fastes with to lowest use of resources!

But if you need just a part of the screen, you need to use an other software. SnagIt is very good but as I said before: Payware. Screenshot Capture do the same as SnagIt but is Freeware! And Screenshot Capture need less resource compare to SnagIt!

I use Fastone Capture, also Freeware if I am not mistaken, and I am very excited about its possibilities!

/edit: if you are not sure about spyware etc, use adaware from lavasoft. Also free and efficient!

Edited by raro