Thai Or English

Neeranam

Whilst watching a football match the other day, the commentator really annoyed me with his constant "he should have ....", "why didn't he ....", so I switched to the English one which is much better. If watching programmes about Buddhism, the Thai is much better as some words really can't be translated well.

If you can understand Thai, what things do you prefer to listen to, or speak about in English/Thai?

When speaking with my Thai wife we speak about medical things using Thai as well as official things like immigration, insurance etc.

When shopping, and around the house, we use English.

What do you use to speak to your Thai partner?

Whilst watching a football match the other day, the commentator really annoyed me with his constant "he should have ....", "why didn't he ....", so I switched to the English one which is much better. If watching programmes about Buddhism, the Thai is much better as some words really can't be translated well.

If you can understand Thai, what things do you prefer to listen to, or speak about in English/Thai?

When speaking with my Thai wife we speak about medical things using Thai as well as official things like immigration, insurance etc.

When shopping, and around the house, we use English.

What do you use to speak to your Thai partner?

:D

Movements of my mouth, Exhalation of breath in conjunction with tongue and vocal cords....... hehe. HA! Could'nt resist, Sorry mate! :o

Edited by lukey1979

Lately, my wife has decided that my Thai needs to improve, so she has taken to speaking Thai only to me, unless I genuinely don't understand the subject at hand.

On the other side of the coin, our daughter's English needs all the encouragement it can get, so we try to speak mainly English with her & in front of her.

Cheers. :o