Slims Disco

SARAHJ101

i think slims is in the new entertainment complex up on 2nd road past the central road lights. it is on the left just past soi 6. there are a bunch of clubs, bars, and restos there...i think it's near the back on the right as you drive in. just ask the guards to direct you...plenty of parking near the back too.

i think slims is in the new entertainment complex up on 2nd road past the central road lights. it is on the left just past soi 6. there are a bunch of clubs, bars, and restos there...i think it's near the back on the right as you drive in. just ask the guards to direct you...plenty of parking near the back too.

excellent, many thanks jonniebkk, can you tell me where 2nd road is tho? Is it near any buildings/shops that I might know by name? cheers :o

Edited by SARAHJ101

If you are going to the new cineplex, that is in the Avenue shopping mall, which is on 2nd road. Just come out to the main road and jump on a baht bus. Go past the big crossroads (2nd rd/ Pattaya Klang) and keep going for about 500 yards. Look for soi 6 on your left, and after about 100 yards you will see the signs (again on your left). You are obviously new here, so please ensure that you don't pay more than 10 baht per head for the baht bus.

If you are going to the new cineplex, that is in the Avenue shopping mall, which is on 2nd road. Just come out to the main road and jump on a baht bus. Go past the big crossroads (2nd rd/ Pattaya Klang) and keep going for about 500 yards. Look for soi 6 on your left, and after about 100 yards you will see the signs (again on your left). You are obviously new here, so please ensure that you don't pay more than 10 baht per head for the baht bus.

thanks SC, much appreciated. We have been here almost 7 months now (hangs head in shame) but in my defense I dont drive in Pattaya as we live in Jomtien so I only drive as far as Tesco! :o

Slims disco is no longer in operation. I tried to visit them yesterday but it was closed and has been renamed Fashion Club. You can drive there from the Beach road just slightly after Hard Rock cafe I think. On the left hand side with a sign Fashion Club in pink with an arrow to the left. It's not the same as the old Slim. Drinks are pretty expensive. 280baht for a bottle of beer!

Well I eventually found Slims (now called the Fashion Bar) last night and found it definitely not worth the treck! Totally LUDICROUS prices for drink and how they got away with calling it a nightclub is beyond me?? Its an upper class gogo bar if you ask me.

We asked for a bottle of wine "sorry we no have any wine left", ok then we'll have two vodkas and diet coke... "sorry we no have diet coke" :D (Its probably just aswell they didnt have the wine anyway since the bottle of Jacobs creek was going to set us back 3000 baht!) So we eventually ordered our two vodkas and full fat coke and got the bill...... 1118 baht!!! :D I thought they had made a mistake but read the receipt and saw they charged us for the two glasses of water they put on the table aswell as the ice!!! I told them that there was no way I was paying for things that I did not ask for and she came back with my revised receipt which was still 500baht. Unbelievable. Next door was exactly the same. We went through and bought a bottle of vodka for 2500 (cheap russian stuff) (more fool us i suppose). The manager came over to speak to us and we told him that the prices for drink were way steep and we found it unbelievable that they would charge for ice... he agreed! :o

While we were there we saw a guy almost fall of his chair when he was given his bill. He was also querying the 'extras' that appeared on the bill and ended up storming out after paying his bill.

Dont get me wrong this place is lovely inside, the decor is really nice and I dont mind paying a little extra for drinks in a nice establishment but definitely not as much as they were charging. This place may be for some but not for me.

Anyway thats my rant over! :D

Edited by SARAHJ101

Well I eventually found Slims (now called the Fashion Bar) last night and found it definitely not worth the treck! Totally LUDICROUS prices for drink and how they got away with calling it a nightclub is beyond me?? Its an upper class gogo bar if you ask me.

We asked for a bottle of wine "sorry we no have any wine left", ok then we'll have two vodkas and diet coke... "sorry we no have diet coke" :D (Its probably just aswell they didnt have the wine anyway since the bottle of Jacobs creek was going to set us back 3000 baht!) So we eventually ordered our two vodkas and full fat coke and got the bill...... 1118 baht!!! :D I thought they had made a mistake but read the receipt and saw they charged us for the two glasses of water they put on the table aswell as the ice!!! I told them that there was no way I was paying for things that I did not ask for and she came back with my revised receipt which was still 500baht. Unbelievable. Next door was exactly the same. We went through and bought a bottle of vodka for 2500 (cheap russian stuff) (more fool us i suppose). The manager came over to speak to us and we told him that the prices for drink were way steep and we found it unbelievable that they would charge for ice... he agreed! :o

While we were there we saw a guy almost fall of his chair when he was given his bill. He was also querying the 'extras' that appeared on the bill and ended up storming out after paying his bill.

Dont get me wrong this place is lovely inside, the decor is really nice and I dont mind paying a little extra for drinks in a nice establishment but definitely not as much as they were charging. This place may be for some but not for me.

Anyway thats my rant over! :D

Wow, isnt it Russian Management?

That would explain things.

I never went there, it looked suspicious to me from the beginning!

Rgds

Moo9

Slim is geared towards the "high-end" crowd, people like presidents of a local cable companies, rich Asian golfers, and others with money to burn.

The average drink price (mixed drink) is 250 baht. Lady drinks are 250 baht (but you have to buy two at a time apparently). Be glad you didn't decide to "bar fine" someone from the place (15,000 baht).

I drop in a couple times a month when I'm in town (a certain someone I know works there). I usually take one of the "VIP" rooms upstairs (1,000 baht) and order a bottle of JD (3,000 baht, plus mix, ice, etc). Some sushi and other food, a couple of lady drinks and by the end of the night my tab is 7,000 + ! (no hanky-panky)

You'll notice (if you look around) that you don't see a lot of the "sleeveless shirt and sandals" crowd there, which is exactly how they want it. There are also a lot of Thais, henceforth they only have coyote dancers, no nudity at all. It's one of those places that starts off slow (around 9 pm) and gets packed by midnight (or a little before). They must be doing something right, as they don't seem to lack for customers, and have a lot of staff (like 4-5 attendants in the guys bathroom alone !)

I met one of the managers (Martin) back in April I think it was, or January. Awhile ago in any event. Definitely sounded Russian to me. Nice enough chap (when talking about the club to a customer). I get the feeling he wouldn't be quite so nice towards rowdys or other trouble-makers. Haven't noticed him around the last couple of times I've been there though.

The very first time I went there, I had a sneaky suspicion it was going to be expensive. Any time a club has an ATM machine located right outside the main entrance, you know there's a reason for it.

Definitely not a place for the budget minded, and doesn't offer a lot that you can't find in other places for a lot less $$. But you have to remember, it's not aimed at your average tourist/ex-pat crowd.

But you have to remember, it's not aimed at your average tourist/ex-pat crowd.

Thanks for the info, however I prefer myself to be average expat but nevertheless smart :-)

There are dozens of places in Pattaya, where you'll have more fun, better music, less wannabe HISO Thais and as well cheaper drinks :o

But maybe those places are not aimed at your snobby crowd....good enough :D

Cheers!

Moo9

I'm interested in the clientele of this place. What would wannabe HISO Thais be doing anywhere near soi 6? Is this a club aimed at Thai men and women or just local Thai men with some associates to impress and some money to burn?

I notice that Slim (when it was called that) was advertising in the Pattaya booklet/magazine type thing that's available for free from all the cheapo hotels.

The Slim disco side which used to have the band with the Large DJ box in the middle used to be really good.. We used to go there, take our own bottle of Black Label (Used to be No charge when entering that part of slim), And it used to be about 60 baht per mixer/ice.

We went there on New Years eve, was shocked to see how much that place had changed. Was charged 300 baht to take the whiskey in. Ordered 3 soda, 1 coke, 1 ice. Bill = 850 baht. No wonder it was dead.. AND the lady singer was singing english songs and didnt even know the words, she was just guessing..

I won't be returning to Slim !!! They have ruined it.. It used to be good before.. Every Friday/Saturday night it was always full.

The Slim disco side which used to have the band with the Large DJ box in the middle used to be really good.. We used to go there, take our own bottle of Black Label (Used to be No charge when entering that part of slim), And it used to be about 60 baht per mixer/ice.

We went there on New Years eve, was shocked to see how much that place had changed. Was charged 300 baht to take the whiskey in. Ordered 3 soda, 1 coke, 1 ice. Bill = 850 baht. No wonder it was dead.. AND the lady singer was singing english songs and didnt even know the words, she was just guessing..

I won't be returning to Slim !!! They have ruined it.. It used to be good before.. Every Friday/Saturday night it was always full.

I agree totally. It's just a matter of time that Fashion Club will turn unfashionable. If they dare to call Fashion Club, then dress like one! Look at those girls at the front door. They're dressed up in their old school uniforms. You can find these kind of dressing easily along one of those gogo bars in Pattaya easily. The girls are average looking, better gogo dancers could be found along Walking street. And the band sucks. Musicians are fine but singers are amateurs! they don't even know how to sing correctly let alone performing in front of the audience.

Nice decor I have to agree but other than that, what's worth the price?