The Tattoo Thread - Western Names In Thai Script

meadish_sweetball

Hello!

I would like to have the following translated into Thai Script and tattooed....

"I am the essence of love and I draw love to me with every inward breath I take"

Someone translated it to me as follows, but they weren't so sure:

ฉันเป็นธาตุแท้ของความรักและฉันดึงดูดความรักซึ่งฉันเองกับทุกครั้งที่ฉันมีลมหายใจอยู่ข้างใน

What is the english translation of this and where are the spaces?

Many thanks!

Cassandra.

ฉัน เป็น ธาตุ แท้ ของ ความ รัก และ ฉัน ดึง ดูด ความ รัก ซึ่ง ฉัน เอง กับ ทุก ครั้ง ที่ ฉัน มี ลม หาย ใจ อยู่ ข้าง ใน chun bpen taat taa kong kwarm ruk laa chun duung dtoo kwarm ruk suung chun eeng gup took kluung tee chun me lom hei jai you kluung nai......thats the correct thai spacings and how it sounds in english but its hard to write some thai sounds in english.

Hey!

I was wondering if you could translate the following into Thai please? smile.png

Believe

Trust

And my brothers name

Michal

Thanks!

Hey! Sure the translations are as follows.

believe is เชื้อใจ

trust is really the same word I think. Its pronounced chuua jai then phom or chun for male or female.

michal is ไมเคิ้อ

Edited by krisb

Hey!

I was wondering if you could translate the following into Thai please? smile.png

Believe

Trust

And my brothers name

Michal

Thanks!

Hey! Sure the translations are as follows.

believe is เชื้อใจ

trust is really the same word I think. Its pronounced chuua jai then phom or chun for male or female.

michal is ไมเคิ้อ

sorry mistake. เชื่อใจthats the right spelling. not mai tow.

Thanks David!

This is not for a tattoo but I thought I would ask here anyway. How do do you write Charlie in Thai? I want it to sound correct and not like charli. Its for my son, so his teacher can pronounce his name.

I got this from thai2english com:

ชาร์ลีแชปลิน

chaa-lee chae-bplin

It would be nice to have the R it there too.

Thanks

Edited by mpdkorat

This is not for a tattoo but I thought I would ask here anyway. How do do you write Charlie in Thai? I want it to sound correct and not like charli. Its for my son, so his teacher can pronounce his name.

ชาร์ลีแชปลิน

chaa-lee chae-bplin

Thanks

ชาร์ลี

The R is already there in the vowel sara ar, .

Edited by rgs2001uk

ชาร์ลีแชปลิน

chaa-lee chae-bplin

Thanks

ชาร์ลี

The R is already there in the vowel sara ar, .

Thank you

Hey guys, what about Jasmine? My daughters name, obviously want to avoid it coming out as Jasmine rice! Also how would I express her date of birth, which is 19 October 2011 in Thai calendar? Cheers

จัสมิน Jasmine written in Thai.

ข้าวหอมมะลิ Jasmine rice written in Thai, so unless the tattooist is a complete jerk or you are very drunk no need to worry.

Dont know what you mean about her date of birth, do you want it written in Thai?

๑๙ ต.ค. ๒๐๑๑ this is 19 October 2011,

๑๙ ต.ค. ๒๕๕๔ this is 19 October 2554, the Thai year she was born.

ตุลาคม is the full version of the month tu laa kom, the Thai for October.

In the two versions above I used the standard Thai abbreviation for October.

• Like 1

Hey guys, what about Jasmine? My daughters name, obviously want to avoid it coming out as Jasmine rice! Also how would I express her date of birth, which is 19 October 2011 in Thai calendar? Cheers

จัสมิน Jasmine written in Thai.

ข้าวหอมมะลิ Jasmine rice written in Thai, so unless the tattooist is a complete jerk or you are very drunk no need to worry.

Dont know what you mean about her date of birth, do you want it written in Thai?

๑๙ ต.ค. ๒๐๑๑ this is 19 October 2011,

๑๙ ต.ค. ๒๕๕๔ this is 19 October 2554, the Thai year she was born.

ตุลาคม is the full version of the month tu laa kom, the Thai for October.

In the two versions above I used the standard Thai abbreviation for October.

Thanks for that rgs2001uk.

Wondering how the name, Alissa would come out in Thai script too.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

I want a tattoo of phrases in Thai writing . But before I get the tattoos, I want an ACCURATE translation. I used google and Babylon. They both had different writings and I'm not sure if it's even correct. Can someone please translate these two phrases for me exactly and correctly in Thai?

"true love conquers all"

"always and forever"

Please, is this correct?

Onward = ออนารัด

What do you want, onward translated into Thai or onward written in Thai script.

What you have above is a poor attempt at writing onward in Thai script, the spelling is wrong.

What you is a vowel where there should be a wor waen.

Above is a wor waen.

Hi guys, great thread!

Just wondering, how do you translate my name "Sammie" i know it is the same sound as the thai word for husband which has had some laughs when meeting new people...

Thanks...

Try this, some kind soul posted a link.

http://thailand-uk.c...s/Letter_S.html

สามี is the thai word for husband, note the difference in spelling.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Hi guys, great thread!

Just wondering, how do you translate my name "Sammie" i know it is the same sound as the thai word for husband which has had some laughs when meeting new people...

Thanks...

If you want Sammie pronounced like the English do, then you can use แซมมี่ as in the link rgs2001uk gave.

But because you said it sounds the same as husband in Thai, maybe you want it pronounced as the Dutch or Germans do. Then it would be ซัมมี่ (with a short "a" sound) or ซามี่ (with a long "a" sound, like in Sami Khedira, the Real Madrid player)

Hi guys, great thread!

Thanks...

Try this, some kind soul posted a link.

http://thailand-uk.c...s/Letter_S.html

สามี is the thai word for husband, note the difference in spelling.

Hi guys, great thread!

Thanks...

If you want Sammie pronounced like the English do, then you can use แซมมี่ as in the link rgs2001uk gave.

But because you said it sounds the same as husband in Thai, maybe you want it pronounced as the Dutch or Germans do. Then it would be ซัมมี่ (with a short "a" sound) or ซามี่ (with a long "a" sound, like in Sami Khedira, the Real Madrid player)

Thanks guys, that link is awesome... Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am looking to have a text tattoo for some time to represent my very strong morals of being faithful and honest.

I have previously been advised that "ใจซื่อถือสัตย์" would work. I have been informed that this means 'intuitively honest and loyal".

To understand the context, 'faithful' is meant in terms of my loyalty / faithfulness to my friends, my partner, my job etc, not in terms of religion.

My use of 'honest' is meant in terms of me being an honest law abiding person - doing the right thing.

Thanks in advance,
Ruth

I've already asked this question but i think that it is the right topic.

What s the thai translation of " I still believe in paradise" , but the meaning of "paradise" must not be like heaven butmore like a paradise on the earth.
Thanks for your help

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

heyy could someone possibly tell me what my name would be in thai? its ainsley. much thanks! x

เอนสลีย์

but a staff member who has a masters in English says this roughly translates into 'Leaner Isley' guess there's no way of knowing is there?? Can you break that down phonetically??

Hi All,

I am looking to have a text tattoo for some time to represent my very strong morals of being faithful and honest.

I have previously been advised that "ใจซื่อถือสัตย์" would work. I have been informed that this means 'intuitively honest and loyal".

To understand the context, 'faithful' is meant in terms of my loyalty / faithfulness to my friends, my partner, my job etc, not in terms of religion.

My use of 'honest' is meant in terms of me being an honest law abiding person - doing the right thing.

Thanks in advance,

Ruth

ใจซื่อถือสัตย์ will have more or less the meaning you wanted.

Hi, I was wondering how you would write Tahsanee (was told it meant 'lovely view' in Thai ... is that acurrate?). Thank you smile.png

ทัศนีย์ or ทรรศนีย์

It means "beautiful to look at".