Yacht Anchored Off Of Bophut

I can't tell from the other photo if it is the same yacht, but here are some pix of Greg's run-about.

At 69.5 metres (228 feet) in length, it's the world's largest aluminium and composite private yacht.

He had it built for only $70 million dollars. The company meant to build it for him "at cost" in return for the excellent advertising of having him as an owner, but they actually lost money on it.

In addition to being opulent, it is also built for Jacques Cousteau-type fun and exploration. There is onboard diving equipment for 30 people including a decompression chamber and two huge compressors. Dives of all types can be accomplished by operating the Nitrox Mixing Panel onboard, enabling each guest's air tank to be customized with a mixture of gases.

The following additional "small" boats are kept onboard:

• 42-Foot Custom Built "Game Fisher" Can be launched and retrieved from the deck. Perfect for a 4-person overnight fishing expedition. Has a gourmet galley for cooking up the catch while it's still fresh.

• 30-Foot SeeVee.

• 22-Foot 800 horsepower Novurania Equator with beach landing capability.

• 2 x 18-Foot Hewes Bonerfishers.

• 13-Foot Narwhal Rescue Boat in case someone falls off one of those other boats.

• 4 Yamaha Waverunners.

post-25507-1200453267_thumb.jpg

post-25507-1200453277_thumb.jpg

post-25507-1200453287_thumb.jpg

post-25507-1200453296_thumb.jpg

post-25507-1200453306_thumb.jpg

post-25507-1200453317_thumb.jpg

I read somewhere last week that a millionaire guest was staying on Samui & the yacht was brought over for him to see, with a view to buy.Cost was mentioned at 50 Million US.

I have anchored my yacht off Bo Phut because we like to be quiet. Admin, please shut this thread.

Do you have internet aboard the yacht, or do you have to helicopter to a cafe?

Probably have a private thai style Internet cafe. :o

the yacht name is "white cloud" forerly called "new horizons"

White Cloud was built by Royal Van Lent & Zonen in 1983 as New Horizon L. At her time of New Horizon her Dutch owner, Prince De Lignac (Abraham van Leeuwen) lived onboard the yacht and cruised the whole world. After his dead the yacht was sold and rebuild by the Peterswerft in Germany under the supervision of the late Claus Kusch. Her exterior lines are designed by Jon Bannenberg and De Voogt Naval Architects and her interior is done by Luigi Sturchio.

the owner today is Barry Diller the media programming genius and owner/majority stockholder of Home Shopping Network and other cable tv channels.

so clude feller is realy Barry diller hiding away in Nathon :o:D ...

White Cloud was built by Royal Van Lent & Zonen in 1983 as New Horizon L. At her time of New Horizon her Dutch owner, Prince De Lignac (Abraham van Leeuwen) lived onboard the yacht and cruised the whole world. After his dead the yacht was sold and rebuild by the Peterswerft in Germany under the supervision of the late Claus Kusch. Her exterior lines are designed by Jon Bannenberg and De Voogt Naval Architects and her interior is done by Luigi Sturchio.

the owner today is Barry Diller the media programming genius and owner/majority stockholder of Home Shopping Network and other cable tv channels.

so clude feller is realy Barry diller hiding away in Nathon :o:D ...

Highdiver, you are wrong again. We are "hiding" at the Four Seasons for a couple of months. Enough publicity now.

so clude feller is realy Barry diller hiding away in Nathon :D:D ...

Highdiver is correct. It is the "White Cloud"

After Samui, it is going to Koh Chang, Seychelles, and ends up in the south of France in May.

I had a beer with the Captain and some of the crew yesterday, that's how I Know. :D:o

Saw it today near Ban Rak. Someone told me it has 10 ensuite bedrooms, 3 smaller boats, jetskis (well duh) and obviously the helicopter. Oh and 30 staff. Some people really have too much money. Seen much nicer looking yachts though in St Tropez. I am sure inside it's lovely but outside it is pretty boring looking.

Saw it today near Ban Rak. Someone told me it has 10 ensuite bedrooms, 3 smaller boats, jetskis (well duh) and obviously the helicopter. Oh and 30 staff. Some people really have too much money. Seen much nicer looking yachts though in St Tropez. I am sure inside it's lovely but outside it is pretty boring looking.

How much room is there for yourself & guests when you need room for 30 staff to sleep, eat, toilet, shower, etc?

White Cloud (former New Horizon L); it's length was extended.

Monaco: The owner is not on board; out for lunch with the chopper.... :o

It was spotted in Phuket 12-16/12-2007 and 30/12 in Singapore; so Samui quite possible.

http://www.yachtspotter.com/ysp2_ycard.php?foo=20060324

LaoPo

It is still in Bangrak Bay, behind the small island next to Koh Som......in shelter. Will be leaving today after provisions are secured.

Monaco: The owner is not on board; out for lunch with the chopper.... :o

It was spotted in Phuket 12-16/12-2007 and 30/12 in Singapore; so Samui quite possible.

http://www.yachtspotter.com/ysp2_ycard.php?foo=20060324

LaoPo

OK, so maybe there is plenty of room for 30 staff quarters/bunks down in the hull without being a bother.

so clude feller is realy Barry diller hiding away in Nathon :D:D ...

Just heard that the owner may in fact be Craig McCaw, the supposed inventor of the celluar phone. :o

It is still in Bangrak Bay, behind the small island next to Koh Som......in shelter. Will be leaving today after provisions are secured.

Better close up if you're missing the White Cloud... :o

LaoPo

Hi the boat is the white cloud and is now at anchor just off sairee beach Koh Tao. We spent the day yesterday taking them to Chumphon pinnacle diving. The boat has 3 ribs each with 2 250hp Evinrude engines costing 250,000 dollars each. The helicopter pilot used to be the pilot on the Calypso, Jacque Costeaus boat. The owner now started one of the first cellular networks in the USA and sold out to AT&T for a nice tidy sum.

How the other half live. I did ask if he needed a permanent diving instructor for the boat and he said he would let me know. :o

.....After the Captain has sent the boys down the road to Tesco ! :o

.....After the Captain has sent the boys down the road to Tesco ! :o

Shopped at Colibri :D