Wing 41 Sticker

ricklev

Has anyone received the sticker in the mail yet. (It allows one to use the road through the military base from Suthep road to the airport, if you apply for it before the end of the year)

I make 4-6 trips to the airport weekly from the CMU area and am eagerly awaiting it. It's going to change my life!

We applied for one in November and there's no sign of it yet. My girlfriend says that it will come in January.

I'm not sure if it's specific to the car or the applicant, but if it's the former then it'll arrive just in time for me to pass it on with the car when I change it for a truck with a caged area in the back for my stepson to be... which will make my 2006 Honda City ZX with 30,000 km on the clock available - interested parties please PM me.

We applied for one in November and there's no sign of it yet. My girlfriend says that it will come in January.

I'm not sure if it's specific to the car or the applicant

Same here, applied (via our secretary) in November and no sign of it yet.

I did 2 applications, one the first week of Nov, the 2nd the last day of Nov.

I made a point of asking the officer in charge when I could expect them to arrive in the mail.

He told me: "February".

If you have a current sticker, it's good till march. New stickers are posted in alphabetical order over the space of a few weeks, and are due anytime from now onwards.....

Is it transferable if you change your car?

No it's not as it has the vehicle registration number on it. You will have to take the old sticker to the office along with copies of the transfer papers on your old vehicle and a copy of your new registration book. I had to do this some while ago.....

On the paper they gave us it says to come and pick up the sticker after March 3. I know the last couple of years they mailed them out but you might want to check and make sure they are going to mail them to you. Maybe they will and my wife didnt ask them to mail it,though i am not going to ask her if she forgot to do this!

On the paper they gave us it says to come and pick up the sticker after March 3. I know the last couple of years they mailed them out but you might want to check and make sure they are going to mail them to you. Maybe they will and my wife didnt ask them to mail it,though i am not going to ask her if she forgot to do this!

If you paid the 5 baht for an envelope and addressed it to yourself, they will post it. If you didn't you will have to pick it up the first week in March....

No it's not as it has the vehicle registration number on it. You will have to take the old sticker to the office along with copies of the transfer papers on your old vehicle and a copy of your new registration book. I had to do this some while ago.....

Actually, you can. They really don't notice it at all. But better not do it otherwise you can be permanently banned from using the shortcut.

Actually, you can. They really don't notice it at all. But better not do it otherwise you can be permanently banned from using the shortcut.

What a stupid statement to make!! I can tell you from personal experience that they DO notice, and your sticker will be removed from your vehicle. Then follows a grovelling process to get re instated.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update to this thread from 2 weeks ago, I just received one of my Wing 41 stickers today, 1 February.

It was the one I applied for 1st, during the first week of November.

The other, applied for 31 November, I anticipate getting sometime towards the end of this month.

I have a feeling they process these applications in the order they come in....

Hope this helps for those of you waiting for yours to arrive. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone received the sticker in the mail yet. (It allows one to use the road through the military base from Suthep road to the airport, if you apply for it before the end of the year)

I make 4-6 trips to the airport weekly from the CMU area and am eagerly awaiting it. It's going to change my life!

Yeah Rick, received it last month. It's great for me cuz' I live in Mae Rim and take the canal road all the way down to the airwing. Saves me 10 - 20 min. to get to the airport or Airport Plaza.

Scott