Patong Pool Home / Villa Wanted.

LivinLOS

I may as well put my search out in public so any one that hears of anything can let me know.

As was published on this and other forums, I was living in the 5 bed place over Nanai Rd that was destroyed in the landslide. I have moved out of Patong to Kamala but am not settled and would rather be in the hillsides around Patong (not really into being down in it) again.

I am hunting for a villa with its own pool. I know these cost and am prepared to pay a fair price. Any landlord gets from me the perfect tennant, I take care of the place well, my GF is a clean freak, and I like to have a nice place to spend my time. Rent is paid without ever being reminded 100% on time and the owners investment is well taken care of. I will happily sign a 5 year agreement for the perfect place and would even consider paying a multi year lease paid up front for the right price.

I need a min of 2 large bedrooms.. Prefer 3 or more but depends on layout and space.

I need a living room that is large enough for a projection home theater (one wall large).

I need space for a office / working desk.. I prefer open plan etc.

I need some storage rooms / box cupboards / Garage space / etc (goes with spacious).

I need off road car parking (prefer covered)

I can consider anything from fully furnished to fully unfurnished, I have no problem buying another houseful of furniture if the agreement is very long term.

I am looking for something private, seaview doesnt bother me at all but do like those hillside breezes. My places of interest are 50 year rd, Baan Suan Kamnaan / Blue point, Kalim etc.. I will look at places in Kathu or on the Karon / Kamala roads but its not my 1st choice and price I will pay goes down fast. I will listen to / look at places even with shared pool but again interest and price I will happily pay come down fast.

not sure of the going prices, but you could find out about Atika, which was built by the same guys that built baan yin dee. i think siam real estate rent them out. beautiful. very modern, pool, good view. in baan suan kamnan. in fact, why not have a look around that area? there are some lovely places in there. far away from the crap in patong, but close enough to it if you want to visit.

My last villa took me 2 years of constantly looking and advertising to find.. I already know (or think I know) every villa worth looking at around Patong, so sense that its almost futile looking to rent considering what I am after.

Despite being totally against the idea, despite it being one of my golden rules not too, despite the fact my investments are going gangbusters outside of Thailand, hence 10's of other things.. I am still considering land purchase to build my own the way I want it.

Hence I welcome information on any land plots in the Patong hillside surrounds.

I will say tho, having been here since the days of 1 - 2 mil a rai on haasip pee Rd, I wont be paying these 10 - 20 mil a rai prices the agents have in the windows.

I think the chances of being sold on one is slim but I am open to options as I doubt I will get the right home any other way.

not sure of the going prices, but you could find out about Atika, which was built by the same guys that built baan yin dee. i think siam real estate rent them out. beautiful. very modern, pool, good view. in baan suan kamnan. in fact, why not have a look around that area? there are some lovely places in there. far away from the crap in patong, but close enough to it if you want to visit.

They are 140k per month for a basic terraced 2 bed with overlooked pools.. I want more house than that and the price feels a stinger.

This was where I was shown the 3 bed for '150k up' !! I think I have been to each and every house/soi there.. Saw a tiny 2 bedder for 65k a month.. Ben has a 2 bedder for 50k (too small, not private)..

Love the area, I would love a land parcel there, problem is 30m a rai is going prices (more for smaller plots) I am told.

Last point..

I am not in a hurry, my last place took me 2 years to find, I really thought I had a place to live for many years and spent appropriately to furnish it etc. I have a nice place to live now, its just not somewhere I see myself for years.

Doesnt matter to wait until low season or longer for the right place.

I looked at one that they said that was '150 up'.. It was nicely fitted out but poor design choices.. No 'living room' that I would see as comfortable, rock hard wooden chairs in the one possible section. If you had tel numbers or location descriptions of what you know of I would follow up to discuss.

I guess I top out at 100k per month and for that it would have to be truly perfect and very special, even then I would maybe not be looking at agreeing the multi year agreement... 75ish if its villa ish, spacious, and roughly fits my needs, can be unfurnished and I would be long term, and for a simpler 2 bed with some compromises but still its own pool something like 50ish probably feels fair. Much higher than those and theres more luxury / better value afforded to me outside of town and I just have to get used to the driving.

I know it sounds like a sales pitch.. But a landlord gets a lot of peace of mind and stability with me as a tennant.. We can come to an agreement where all maintenance is my cost (and on a largish seaview thats not a small cost), thier investment is secured and protected, I am super long term, etc etc. Many people choose to leave homes empty rather than run the risks of bad tenants or hassles of short termers. I really thought I was in the last place for a 5 year plan.

we are doing a refit on a house for an Aussie guy, once its done he wants to rent out his old house, ill have a word next time i see him to see how much he wants , then pass his number on if it helps LOS.

Really not sure how much , but ill ask for you anyways............

Isnt that Rawai ?? I specifically wish to be back in the hills around Patong.. Lots on offer outside in the villages.

I have been given details of 2 so far.. One I think is going to be mega money (pics look like it deserves it) and one is a bit over my desired amounts but possible. I also have a possible on a penthouse with rooftop pool on the complex I am in.. But thats still kamala and its a long drunken ride home (recieved a plate and 6 pins in my shoulder only a few months back).

• 1 year later...