Residential Property

My bf and I are looking for a new place to stay by the end of this month, as he has been offered a new job in Engineering. His workplace is past Central Lad Phrao towars Ezen Mall, MegaCinmex, and Makro Malls.

We're currently living in Lat Krabang where the majority of the residents are university students. So it's very safe, clean and comfortable. The only thing that annoyes me is the new apartment complex being built a few metres from my bedroom window.

I've been out to check a few condo's/apartments/houses for rent and it seems that either:

-The nice ones are already taken

-The neighbourhood is filthy and unsafe (Lat Krabang is very safe even at 3am alone outside going for a walk)

-The house is very very nice and cheap (7,000 Bhat a month), but the nicest room within the house is where the landlady keeps her buddhist "shrine"..so we get the rooms without a view (unless you count looking into someones elses toilet a 'view').

-The room is nice, but the entrance is worse than a dungeon, or

-The entrance is very nice, but the room is worse than a dungeon

From my instinct and how I feel emotionally, it seems that there might be some 'dodgy' stuff going down in that neighbourhood, but my bf really wants to be near to work and I'd like to be near to the Mall. So sacrifices need to be made.

So I would like to know if there are any foreigners living in the area from Central Lad Phrao upwards to Rangsit/Rangsit University/Future Park Mall/Pathumtanee..(any of them).

How do you feel about this area?

What's your experience of this area?

More importantly, are there any residential vacancies that you would recommend to me?

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers :o

Loads of good p[laces to rent in this area, but again it depends on what you are willing to spend on rent per month.

I have lived in Ratchayothin for the past 13 months, and really like the area. PLenty of places to eat, drink, shop and it's still relatively close to central Bangkok.

In the Soi that I live in, there are plenty of foreigners and a mixture of students form Kaset and other working Thais.

Certainly, wouldn't call it a "dodgy" area.

A budget for your rent would be helpful. There is a vast range of prices in the area. Is his new place of work perhaphs SCB Park Plaza?

TH

Tons of places; more detail on exact place of work, if near central Lard Prao and Major Ratchayothin, then 10-15k a month can get you a decent new building within walking distance to underground and the park. 15-25k gets you a decent 2 bedroom easily.

need to know more of the location; if further out, then rent nearer Kaset; the traffic can eb quite bad around Supalai place/Major etc.

A budget for your rent would be helpful. There is a vast range of prices in the area. Is his new place of work perhaphs SCB Park Plaza?

TH

Tons of places; more detail on exact place of work, if near central Lard Prao and Major Ratchayothin, then 10-15k a month can get you a decent new building within walking distance to underground and the park. 15-25k gets you a decent 2 bedroom easily.

need to know more of the location; if further out, then rent nearer Kaset; the traffic can eb quite bad around Supalai place/Major etc.

Yep, I'd pretty much agree with that. It is a very busy area for traffic, but it's still relatively easy to get to the BTS or MRT from Kaset.

There are also a number of new places in the area, which are worth looking at. Rents from 5k up to whatever you want to pay, but as stever said anything over 15k should give you a pretty decent place.

TH

Yep, I'd pretty much agree with that. It is a very busy area for traffic, but it's still relatively easy to get to the BTS or MRT from Kaset.

There are also a number of new places in the area, which are worth looking at. Rents from 5k up to whatever you want to pay, but as stever said anything over 15k should give you a pretty decent place.

Thanks for the info!

I heard that it's pretty easy to get to the BTS from Wiphawadee-Rangist Road. Ideally, I'd like to live not too far from Futurepark, but anything is really ok.

My boyfriends new work place is Fabrinet, which is also on Wiphawadee-Rangist Road, but further away from Central Lad Phrao.

To be honest, any place recommended by foreigners living around this area would be great. Our rent range would be about 10,000 Baht, until I too find a career~

Cheers~!

TH

Thanks for the info!

I heard that it's pretty easy to get to the BTS from Wiphawadee-Rangist Road. Ideally, I'd like to live not too far from Futurepark, but anything is really ok.

My boyfriends new work place is Fabrinet, which is also on Wiphawadee-Rangist Road, but further away from Central Lad Phrao.

To be honest, any place recommended by foreigners living around this area would be great. Our rent range would be about 10,000 Baht, until I too find a career~

Cheers~!

Couldn't really say what it is like out by future park in regards of accomodation, but I'ed imagine for 10k in that area you'd probably be able to get something pretty decent. I'm based a littl closer to cental Lad Phrao, but I'm paying quite a bit more than 10k a month, but there are certainly places in that area that are also around the 10-1k wnich are pretty reasonable.