Police Check

thaiwing

Has anyone had same....

Was driving my vehicle with Wifey and baby daughter to update visa last week. On way to border I, the driver (me sitting in drivers seat controlling, said propelled vehicle along thai highway and byeway fully legal and licenced) of our owned vehicle was stopped at checkpoint and asked to pull to the hard shoulder for vehicle check. The police officer notices farang and leg's it round to the wife and asks her to produce HER licence and insurance papers while she tends to the awoken baby. The wifey's licence was out of date by two weeks, so he nicks her for 300 bht and gives me the all clear to move along in an orderly fashion without as much as a 1000 bht question...I was cracking up with laughter all the way back....you got to love this place....

Your wife should tell him to F.O. as she is not driving, and does not need a licence.

That's right. Giving in too easily to ridiculous offences just makes the police stand their ground more, the next time they pull the same stunt on the next farang that tries to object. :o

Your wife should tell him to F.O. as she is not driving, and does not need a licence.

That's right. Giving in too easily to ridiculous offences just makes the police stand their ground more, the next time they pull the same stunt on the next farang that tries to object. :o

Ummm ... she was Thai Gazz.

Ummm ... she was Thai Gazz.

I realise she was Thai, but she was with a farang. As the OP said, as soon as the officer saw him he went and spoke with his wife. Would she have had this problem if she was with a Thai driver? I don't know.

And anyway, probably her money originated from her husband so maybe it's wrong for him to laugh. :D:D

Also, it's good in a way to know about these new methods of money extraction because it can prepare one for getting out of forking over money(hopefully). :D

My wife got stopped for not wearing a seat belt butshe refused to pay the fine and went to the Police Station later to pay it. That night we went out for a drink and I suggested that we get a Tuk Tuk but she insited on driving. I asked what happens if you get stopped again, she replied you can only get one ticket a day. Is this true?

Read it as you may....it happened and was worth every bht for such an experience to happen. I dont care who the next farang extorted is. Sorry, but he/they will be wrong place wrong time with or without passport, pissing strange colours. Was my experience to share of an actual event.

Ref:

First time thai driving licence ..one year to renew.

ID is six year renew..

Police officer completed paperwork for delivery to local station for payment.

Gazza..not all thai woman are extractors to the farang deep pocket. As for financial origination.!!!..The thread allowed more smiles from daily life, not to stamp on culture or living standards.