Keegan

fletchsmile

Life(s) of a Geordie Messiah  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this rate, "The Messiah" is going to finish up a little bit like the original - Nailed to a cross, although rather than be buried he might get chucked into the Tyne and decsend to the bottom. :o

Keegan's team talk before the Arsenal game.....Arsenal are a great passing team so we must make sure we're better than them :D Stuff of legends !!!
At this rate, "The Messiah" is going to finish up a little bit like the original - Nailed to a cross, although rather than be buried he might get chucked into the Tyne and decsend to the bottom. :o

Not exactly a great start. No goals so far vs Premiership level teams. I think they found their level playing Stoke though :D

results since Big Sam left: ManU Lost 6-0 (pre-Keegan); Bolton Drew 0-0, Arsenal Lost 3-0. Pretty poor start by Keegan, and relegation form since Big Sam left

Edited by fletchsmile

He needs to be given time. But unfortunatly people expect an over night transformation. I believe he will get them playing better football, once he sees what he has to work with. :D

The problems that he faces are:

a) High expectation from the board

:o Deep seated problems within the playing staff

c) Lack of quality players idepth

d) Unrealistic expectations from the fans

e) Poor discipline

f) Atracting top quality players to Newcastle

g) 3 Years away from the game

h) A second rate backroom staff

i) Alan Shearer

j) Tactically Naive

k) How much time he has to turn it around

I think there are a few more, and whilst I think they may improve I am not convvinced that KK is really up to the job. He may just regret going back to Newcastle as he has more to lose than gain from this one.

He needs to be given time. But unfortunatly people expect an over night transformation. I believe he will get them playing better football, once he sees what he has to work with. :D

The problems that he faces are:

a) High expectation from the board

:o Deep seated problems within the playing staff

c) Lack of quality players idepth

d) Unrealistic expectations from the fans

e) Poor discipline

f) Atracting top quality players to Newcastle

g) 3 Years away from the game

h) A second rate backroom staff

i) Alan Shearer

j) Tactically Naive

k) How much time he has to turn it around

I think there are a few more, and whilst I think they may improve I am not convvinced that KK is really up to the job. He may just regret going back to Newcastle as he has more to lose than gain from this one.

l) He's a plonker

m) He's using his soccer circus to recruit and train new players

n) He's got a Scouse curly perm

o) He eats the wrong kind of breakfast cereal

p) He thinks he's a born again Geordie

... and I'm sure there are hundreds of others

He may just regret going back to Newcastle as he has more to lose than gain from this one.

I think the £20m will help ease any regrets he may come to have :D

Yeah, for 20 million, I'd even go and get a Scouse Perm and pretend that I know what I'm doing. :o

Out of curiosity,I decided to watch the Newcastle v Middlesboro game just to see what team the Chosen One would put out when,holy crap,there they were AGAIN,those two has beens,Smith and Butt.I know he hasn't been around for years,but why hasn't he got the message after four games that they can't hack it anymore?What with that overrated load of rubbish Barton being given a start, the writing was on the wall.I'm sure that if they were Johnny Foreigner,they wouldn't have been given the time of day,but,Battling Brits-you leave 'em alone! Great goal by Owen but I thought the celebrations were pretty muted considering it was Newcastle first goal since God was a boy.Keegan was out of his seat,arms aloft with this weird fixed grin on his face,like he was constipated.Where was the rest of the bench?No mobbing the Messiah and punching the air and the look on Owens face bordered on embarrassment.Overall,a lucky point gained by Newcastle and no sign of any improvement.

Out of curiosity,I decided to watch the Newcastle v Middlesboro game just to see what team the Chosen One would put out when,holy crap,there they were AGAIN,those two has beens,Smith and Butt.I know he hasn't been around for years,but why hasn't he got the message after four games that they can't hack it anymore?

My sentiments exactly. Possibly the last time Keegan watched a Premiership game Butt was still at Man Utd and Smith was a promising youngster at Elland Road and both were decent players. These days, Butt looks past it. I don't know how many times he gave away possession agianst Boro. As for Smith, he has never really recovered from theat serious injury that he had a couple of years ago. No goals this season. That about sums his contribution up. I wonder what KK will do when Martins comes back and Viduka gets match fit. Surely he can't persist with Smith.

Out of curiosity,I decided to watch the Newcastle v Middlesboro game just to see what team the Chosen One would put out when,holy crap,there they were AGAIN,those two has beens,Smith and Butt.I know he hasn't been around for years,but why hasn't he got the message after four games that they can't hack it anymore?

My sentiments exactly. Possibly the last time Keegan watched a Premiership game Butt was still at Man Utd and Smith was a promising youngster at Elland Road and both were decent players. These days, Butt looks past it. I don't know how many times he gave away possession agianst Boro. As for Smith, he has never really recovered from theat serious injury that he had a couple of years ago. No goals this season. That about sums his contribution up. I wonder what KK will do when Martins comes back and Viduka gets match fit. Surely he can't persist with Smith.

Well,if he's got half a brain,Spit,he'll play Martins,who is utterly different class to Smith.

SIMPLE:

I like Keegan though I dont think he will win anything with Newcastle, great fan base, but major under acheivers.

They will finish the season on a high but will be mid table.

Will continue to claim to be the most sucessful N/East club after M'bro which they would be correct hahahahah

COME ON BORO

I've changed my mind about Keegan winning something.

I think they'll win promotion to the Premiership in 2009 :o

I doubt he'll be around that long. In fact if things don't improve soon, I think he'll quit before the end of March.

Relegation is a distinct possibilty under the current regime. There's normaly one team that slides down the table, and at present Newcastle and Reading are vying for that particular spot. Keegand looks lost and bemused, and even at the hight of his powers he wasn't the greatest tactitian, so with the <deleted> he has at his disposal and the facft he's been out of the game for a few years, it really doesn't look like a good mix.

In honesty though, I'll still plump with my original prediction, Derby, Wigan and Reading (apologies to TP).

I think they'll win promotion to the Premiership in 2009 :o

I doubt he'll be around that long. In fact if things don't improve soon, I think he'll quit before the end of March.

Relegation is a distinct possibilty under the current regime. There's normaly one team that slides down the table, and at present Newcastle and Reading are vying for that particular spot. Keegand looks lost and bemused, and even at the hight of his powers he wasn't the greatest tactitian, so with the <deleted> he has at his disposal and the facft he's been out of the game for a few years, it really doesn't look like a good mix.

In honesty though, I'll still plump with my original prediction, Derby, Wigan and Reading (apologies to TP).

I think that Newcastle could well go down. In their last 17 games they've only had 2 wins and collected a mere 11 points which is relegation form in any league. The only thing that might save Newcastle is that they already have more points in the bag than the other relegation candidates.

I think they'll win promotion to the Premiership in 2009 :D

I think that Newcastle could well go down. In their last 17 games they've only had 2 wins and collected a mere 11 points which is relegation form in any league. The only thing that might save Newcastle is that they already have more points in the bag than the other relegation candidates.

Spit, I think they will okay, as there are a few crap teams in the EPL at present like Wigan and Derby, so that only leaves one spot for the likes of Reading, Birmingham, Fulham, Sunderland and Newcastle. Good job the previous manager knew what he was doing. :o

I think Newcastle will scrape it this year. But if they keep Keagan (which they'll have to i suppose) they are gonna struggle next year.

If yesterdays performance is anything to go by, then they are going to go down They were awful, and Keegan once again looks clueless. At this rate the Geordie Messiah, is going to end up the same as the original.