Keegan

fletchsmile

Life(s) of a Geordie Messiah  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KK looks lost sitting in the dugout and it seems terry macdermot is doing all the talking to the players.he looks like a little boy that has been scolded by his mummy.

too late,too old and too nieave.

How can anybody employ kk after the england debacle.

NEWCASTLE FOR RELEGATION

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some good players in that team whos confidence has been destroyed by an inept manager who persists in playing two players who wouldn't look out of place in the Conference- Smith and Butt.However good the rest of the team is,you won't beat Man Utd. with 9 players.I was going to watch the game, until I saw the dreaded duos names on the starting line up.I knew the writing was on the wall.

I liked it yesterday as the the main commentator said as the Skunks were losing, "At least the crowd are chanting for Keegan"

The co-commentator had to point out it was not the skunks but the Man U supporters with great irony - brilliant.

How long before he cries in the toilets or on TV?

I liked it yesterday as the the main commentator said as the Skunks were losing, "At least the crowd are chanting for Keegan"

The co-commentator had to point out it was not the skunks but the Man U supporters with great irony - brilliant.

How long before he cries in the toilets or on TV?

I'd love it, just love it............. :o

Smith and Butt were their best players, for understandable reasons....!

Cheer up Kevin Keegan, oh what can it mean, to a, sad Geordie bastard and a shit Football teeeam, so, cheer up Kevin Keegan, oh what can it mean, to a, sad Geordie bastard and a shit Football teeeam....

I have not the slightest piece of sympathy....! :o

redrus

Keegan IN!

Keegan IN!

Keegan IN!

At least to season end - then a breakdown on TV and running away to Spain might be in order

Or does he just run away to Spain after Imri Varadi shags his wife?

:D

Keegans great, I'm enjoying every moment of his total fall from grace.Possibly, the most over rated manager of all time.

Now, they say that Gazza is nuts and has been rightly sectioned, but what about Mike Ashley, he must be completely barking to have actually paid 20 million quid to bring in a manager who thinks tactics come in orange, mint and lime flavours. :o

I hate to laugh too much as I fear "Tempting the Gods" as the Chinese are fond of saying

But I will alow myself a little this weekend because they take themselves so bloody seriously do the skunks and beleive all the hype each time

Newcastle - just how many false messiah's can one city have?

"The life of Brian" springs to mind - or should that be Kevin?

Edited by Prakanong

3 years, and a 150 million quid then Keegan will get us back to where we belong.

We will survive this season on the basis that there are still several teams below us that are even worse, and we are guaranteed 3 points when the mackems leave their 3rd world city for a few hours in the bright lights of Newcastle.

Keegan's Record thus far;

D 0-0 v. Bolton (H)

L 0-3 v. Arsenal (a)

L 0-3 v. Arsenal (a)

D 1-1 v. Middlesbrough (H)

L 1-4 v. Aston Villa (a)

L 1-5 v. Man Utd (H)

L 0-1 v. Blackburn (H)

Played 7

Won 0

Drew 2

Lost 5

Scored 3

Conceded 17

Upcoming Fixtures:

Liverpool (a)

Brum (a)

Fulham (H)

On current form, It doesn't look good for Newcastle but a lot is going to depend on whether they can beat Fulham, Reading and the monkey heids at St James Park.

I remember the first time KK was in charge, it took a while for things to get going. He came in half way through the season to take over from Ossie Ardiles. Newcastle were staring at relegation to the old 3rd division with 2 games to go but they won their last 2 games against Pompey and Leicester to stay up. The next season, Keegan invested in the team and Newcastle went on to win the 2nd division and then finished 3rd in the Premiership the following season.

On current form, It doesn't look good for Newcastle but a lot is going to depend on whether they can beat Fulham, Reading and the monkey heids at St James Park.

I remember the first time KK was in charge, it took a while for things to get going. He came in half way through the season to take over from Ossie Ardiles. Newcastle were staring at relegation to the old 3rd division with 2 games to go but they won their last 2 games against Pompey and Leicester to stay up. The next season, Keegan invested in the team and Newcastle went on to win the 2nd division and then finished 3rd in the Premiership the following season.

There's a striking similarity of when Forest when down back in the early 90's. Everyone was saying, too good to go down, will beat so and so, blah, blah, blah, but the reality is that Newcastle are ona big slide and Keegan's going to hgave his work cut out to reinvigorate the sorry bunch.

So far, there form since KK has taken over has relegation written all over it.

Going down. :o

If Newcastle do manage to avoid relegation ironically it will be because of points accrued during Sam Allardyces short reign as manager. Keegan hasn't had a win since his return in January and frankly hasn't even looked like turning things around.

Unlucky v Blackburn.

There are 7 teams for 1 more relegation spot (Fulham look down IMO also), i think theyll just have enough.

Fulham, Reading and the Mackems all have to come to Newcastle.

Which is the Games he/they have to win, i think the will beat Fulham, not sure about the other two though..This time next week, you could be in the relegation zone on goal difference.. :D:D

3 years, and a 150 million quid then Keegan will get us back to where we belong.

We will survive this season on the basis that there are still several teams below us that are even worse, and we are guaranteed 3 points when the mackems leave their 3rd world city for a few hours in the bright lights of Newcastle.

Apart from the sheep there's not much to chose between Newcastle & the rest below them....oh & yes...I can see Sunderland turning them over as well.

Unlucky v Blackburn.

There are 7 teams for 1 more relegation spot (Fulham look down IMO also), i think theyll just have enough.

Fulham, Reading and the Mackems all have to come to Newcastle.

Which is the Games he/they have to win, i think the will beat Fulham, not sure about the other two though..This time next week, you could be in the relegation zone on goal difference.. :D:D

That will be brilliant, and it wont be long before KK spits the dummy and goes crying off back into the sunset.

On further reading on of the British media, it looks to me like "The <deleted> one" has been given the vote of confidence. That's pretty impressive, since he's only been in charge for 7 games. :D

Kevin Keegan is yet to win a game since his return in January

Newcastle chairman Chris Mort has insisted that the board are 100% behind manager Kevin Keegan. Oh dear :D

Keegan is yet to win a game since his dramatic return to the club in January.

Newcastle are just three points off the bottom three and Mort said that there is no danger that Keegan will turn his back on the club a second time.

"The board is 100% behind Kevin, and there is no doubt or worry that he will walk away," Mort told BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek. Yeah, yeah we beleive you :o

"He's come into a club that wasn't playing well and was playing poorly and the results reflected that and it was always going to be difficult to turns things around.

"Clearly he wants to turn the results around and that is what he has come back to do, but it will take time."

Keegan is in his second spell at the club having left St James' Park in 1997.

He replaced Sam Allardyce in January but has struggled to get his tenure at Newcastle off to a decent start.

But Mort says that despite their woeful results Keegan is happy to be back at St James' Park.

"He is enjoying being back at Newcastle and the city is enjoying having him back," said Mort.

"I'm sure when things turn around on the pitch he'll thoroughly enjoy being back at Newcastle." He's either enjoying it or not, sounds a bit of a contradiction there Morty.

Mike is the owner of the club and he is very happy to be the owner

Mort also quashed suggestions that Keegan had been unhappy with the appointment of assistant manager Chris Hughton.

Hughton was appointed assistant boss last week and Mort confirmed that it was solely Keegan's decision.

"Kevin came to me and asked if we could appoint Chris," said Mort. Mmmm, let me think wasn't Houghton Martin Jol's assistant.?Looks like ther lining up a replacement for the summer already.More fun and games at Newcircus.

"He made the first call to Chris and had full knowledge of it. It was Kevin's lead, Kevin's suggestion and he was keen for it to happen."

With Newcastle struggling on the pitch, it had also been rumoured that owner Mike Ashley was ready to walk away and sell the club.

But Mort says that Ashley is perfectly happy at St James' Park and isn't thinking of selling up.

"Mike has never tried to sell the club," said Mort.

"People have called us and asked us if we were interested in selling the club and the answer is always no.

"Mike is the owner of the club and he is very happy to be the owner and is not encouraging me to sell the club he still enjoys his Saturday football, obviously he'd enjoy it more if the results were better.

"He gets on with Kevin very well and still enjoys being at Newcastle."

I think we can safely say that Morts favourite word is "Enjoy" :D

Let's wait and see, Mr Toad.

I'm still not exactly sure what Dennis Wise's role at the club is. It was supposed to be something along the lines of recruiting new players. Newcastle must be planning for next season as Wise has had experience in the lower leagues with Millwall and Leeds. His knowledge might come in useful if we get relegated. :o:D