4 Month Month Pregnant Like Ww3

bkkperson

Mine was fine or thereabouts. She had a little morning sickness for about a month at about 1 month gestation but then ok. Of course, some complaints about getting bigger and sore nipples later on and the obvious tiredness but little in the way of adverse mood swings. Perhaps she was bad enough already !

every women will react to pregnancy hormones differently, some days I was ok some days my husband doesn't know how close he came to death, not always for any reason either :o

Best advice I can give. Whilst she is pregnant YOU ARE WRONG, even when you aren't, you are. Don't try & get the last word, let her have it, don't disagree too much & try to be the bigger person when she is kicking off. When I really lost it my husband would just say don't be silly & went to another room. It is an awful feeling, knowing you are going off on one & that you ARE being unreasonable but not actually being able to stop, the hormones just take over & you have to get them out. I hope that makes sense, I am not justifying her being a biatch to you but just explaining that a lot of times there is no actual control over it.

She will most likely be filled with remorse after a blow up but may not be able to express an apology. Just don't expect one & don't act all churlish & hurt afterwards. Carry on as it if didn't happen. It will keep the peace & give her the out she needs to be normal with you again.

If her swings get really bad & to the point of physical then speak to a doctor, there may be treatments she could get or there may possibly be underlying fears about pregnancy/emotional issues that she hasn't told you about & a councelling session could help.

But what ever you do, don't let an argument carry on & don't rise to her if she baits you. None of you blokes will ever know how much of a hammering our bodies & chemical make up takes during pregnancy. It is at times a wonderful feeling growing this person inside you but other times incredibly confusing & harsh.

Baby is now 2 months old and doing well. My wife seemed to cope with the pregnancy very well. I didn't detect any mood swings (maybe I'm not very perceptive) although she did become more demanding of me but I figure this is normal due to increasing lack of mobility and tiredness.

After the birth it was the same, no real difference except she is very focused on the child. I sometimes have to remind her that I pay the bills, provide food, a place to live and all the little luxuries and I'll still be doing that long after baby has grown up and left home so I expect to not be forgotten or replaced as the number 1 thing in my wife's life (apart from her parents). I think she understands and I understand the demands a new born places on a mother so we're doing a lot of "give and take". Each of us knows our lives have changed forever and we keep the husband/wife relationship at the forefront while making room for baby too.

The biggest concern wife has is what the pregnancy has done to her body and her self-image. Pregnancy can do terrible things to a woman's body. Some effects can never be undone. I wonder if it's these changes and the self-image which sparks some of the mood swings.

Best advice I can give. Whilst she is pregnant YOU ARE WRONG, even when you aren't, you are. Don't try & get the last word, let her have it, don't disagree too much & try to be the bigger person when she is kicking off.

only whilst she is pregnant? otherwise not? what false rumours are you spreading Boo?! :o

Hey,

The wife is 4 month's pregnant with our 1st child and she has got a permanant mood swing it goes from bad to very bad and then back to bad..so was wondering for the men 'how was your missus while pregnant' and for the lady's how bad was you??

Sorry to hear what you're going through. From personal experience (the pregnant one) pregnancy was awesome. Because of depression, I was very anxious about the what would happen with my hormones during AND after the birth (PND major concern with me) but I found that I was actually able to half my dose of antidepressants (Zoloft which is safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding) and was the most relaxed and happiest I've felt since god knows when :o

I also ate very as natural as possible. With the exception of AuBonPain blueberry muffins once a day, occasional blueberry cheesecake and SAMBOY Salt and Vinegar potato crisps I had sent in from Aus from mum throughout my pregnancy, I didn't really crave chocolates or other crap foods. A lot of food was natural (lots of fresh vegies) which included needing my one or two chefs salad (AuBonPain staff knew what the order would be when my husband walked in everyday :D ) a day as well as beef and eggs. AND litres (more than my usual) of water. One thing I really did miss during pregnancy was my sashimi :D

What was your wife like before pregnancy?

Hey,

The wife is 4 month's pregnant with our 1st child and she has got a permanant mood swing it goes from bad to very bad and then back to bad..so was wondering for the men 'how was your missus while pregnant' and for the lady's how bad was you??

I feel for you.. it was never ending.. and intense!!!

Emotional chaos for almost 7 months... It was insane and its all about hormones. There is very little you can do about it. Keep telling her how much you love her and the baby. Talk to the belly as if they child was already born. BACK MASSAGE daily in the evening and when ever she wants it. It was VERY bad.. and it got better then it got worse. Also... if you want to have any sanity once the baby is born.. buy now.. and use daily coco butter and or some other lotions that will help with minimizing the stretch marks... she says she doesn't care about this but later.. it will be something that is talked about forever. 60k in bangkok for a tummy tuck with skin treatments can take you about 60-70 percent back to where you were.. ... BELIEVE me I don't care about the marks.. I think she is the sexyest young lady in the world.. but SHE will obsess about it. If you have a bath tub ... warm baths with sents are one way for her to get some comfort. Keep the house as sent free as possible ... except for the smells she likes.. sense of smell seems to sky rocket.. Peppermint tea.. and peppermint oil for her to sniff when she is feeling sick helps as well..

Keep your cool.. she knows your buttons and wants to push them.. until you explode.. but now is the time to take the abuse...

MASSAGE MASSAGE MASSAGE... after 6 months this is the mantra.

Keep the house as sent free as possible ... except for the smells she likes.. sense of smell seems to sky rocket.. Peppermint tea.. and peppermint oil for her to sniff when she is feeling sick helps as well..

omg I totally forgot about the smell, for about 2 months in my first trimester my husband wasn't allowed to cook cause I gagged at every smell.

Peppermint tea is also good as is Ginger tea for stop nausea.

Pregnancy can do terrible things to a woman's body.

i dont think they are so terrible:

since i gained 24 kilo with each pregnancy, i still have major stretch marks on my thighs... too bad... if u dont like to look, then dont. for the father of the child, if he loves his wife, the stretch marks are only an other affirmation of love... thru thick and thin, sickness and in health... we will all grow old and ugly eventually anyway and childbirth is part of that wear and tear as is the bald spot on hubby's head!!!! (just to remind u men that terrible things happen to mens' bodies as well).:o)

smells, heat oh god the heat... suddenly i would start crying cause i was way too hot, and beg to go to the local mall just cause it was air conditioned (we didnt have a/c at the time and desert heat just got me); and if i couldnt get to sleep right now this minute i would freak out...., this was the first few months, then the middle i was like a cow, very complacent and easy going, i felt great, looked great. last trimester was misery. humongous, i had to pee every ten minutes, couldnt sleep well as baby was a kicker, so lack of sleep added to my misery. also, (ex)hubby was away at work in the fields and back then no cell phones, just radio walkie talkie relays, and i was new and unexperienced.

the hormones tend to exacerbate any underlying problems... they dont create new ones. add to all that, the stories that everyone tells u about horrible births and fears about dead babies (a common theme in dreams of pregnant women) and all the other superstitious sort of stuff they get told, plus self image issues she has with herself or feels you have about her (like the comment above about 'terrible things to a woman's body') all add pressure which shows up in mood swings as most of this stuff most women couldnt specifically say out loud or put a finger on and say, because of this i am feeling freaked out... they just freak out. lack of sleep and nauesea also leaves a woman feeling irritable and physically worn out so she has less energy to 'keep control' of emotions...

being far away from mother can also be difficult if u are in an other country than thailand ... for my first, that was difficult although mom came out for the birth of two of the three, she missed the last one as i ws two weeks early.

the big question is: how was she before the pregnancy.? pregnancy can also just intensify our personality traits that are already there as ms figure says: post natal depression can also become a possibility if she has depression problems previously even if u dont know about them or she was never diagnosed, but if known ahead of time, then she can get help right away. i had two friends who went thru difficult pregnancies, world war three doesnt come close, but treated and after care to help her thru and minimize the PND, as ms. figure says...

there are spas that cater to pregnant women (in thailand i assume also), it might be worth your investment; trendy maternity clothes if that is a problem (self image), a mother's helper with the household chores for the pregnancy/after childbirth (perhaps an auntie or sister or niece?) shorten your work hours a bit, be more accessible (that one drove me nuts, i became a very clingy wife whilst pregnant), are pregnant movie/music stars IN? in thailand? if so, then mags for women might help (articles, maternity stuff, pics of preggers stars)...

btw, while breastfeeding, i must of secreted huge amounts of that calming hormone (like cows!) since i was the sweetest natured i have ever been... so there is hope!!

bina

I'm 4 months now and apparently have been a bit more short-tempered than usual, but then I'm the picture of calmness as a rule so maybe I've snapped once or twice and that seems like a lot :o For myself I have noticed that things irritate me more, like trying to shop in the xmas/new year rush... I came home ready throw something through the window. I suppose I take that into the relationship too sometimes.