True Visions - Hopeless!

Tammi

Does anybody else have problem with True? I constantly get 'searching for satellite'. The technicians were here yesterday and everything was OK for the evening but just switched on today at 5pm and same old story 'searching for satellite'. So I phone them and am told technicians are fully occupied tomorrow and they might get to me on Monday! So what to do? Is there anybody better? I told the True lady that I am not going to pay their bill. She said "OK. Goodbye". :o

I pay True 1,568.12 a month. I could have 4 nice meals out for that money and watch the TV provided by the condo which is limited but better than 'searching for satellite".

Edited by Tammi

Take your box to UBC office where you pay and they will program it for you or give you a new one if it is suspect, anyway that's what they did for me. I have now cancelled as I was fed up with the repeat programs.

Edited by Bruprince

Just had a phone call from True in Bangkok informing me i am 2 months over due and they will cut me off if i do not pay.

I took ages to explain that as far as i am aware i paid last month and this month is not due until after the 25th.

I told them i will visit the agent in the morning and he more or less said make sure i do so before Monday ( 23rd. )

At times during the last 10 years i have possibly been late without realising it, but never once was i contacted about non payment.

I never get a bill these days and never get a programme either, what a pity they do not address my many requests for both to be sent, preferably before the due dates, ( day one of the new month and possibly the same bill wise. )

My agent has actually sent a request via the computer while i was in the office the last couple of months collecting the above and making my payment, so there is no excuse.

Emailing the Co. is as we all know invariably a waste of time, as in my case when not even a polite acknowledgement was forth coming.

I,m now at the stage were i,m serious about making do with the local cable i,ve also got to compliment True,s 1570 bahts ( aprox. ) worth of gradually decreasing facilities.

They are tempting my patience to the limit, but i know they DGAF anyway.

marshbags :o and just about pissed of with them.

Edited by marshbags

Does anybody else have problem with True? I constantly get 'searching for satellite'. The technicians were here yesterday and everything was OK for the evening but just switched on today at 5pm and same old story 'searching for satellite'. So I phone them and am told technicians are fully occupied tomorrow and they might get to me on Monday! So what to do? Is there anybody better? I told the True lady that I am not going to pay their bill. She said "OK. Goodbye". :o

I pay True 1,568.12 a month. I could have 4 nice meals out for that money and watch the TV provided by the condo which is limited but better than 'searching for satellite".

I used to have a lot of problems but it's been fine ever since my engineer (not True) came and put a new "thingy" on the satellite dish. I can't rememebr the last time True went down since then. Maybe very occasionally in a violent electrical storm, but apart from that it's been great.

I'm also not aware of other UBC users near me having any problems.

It might be worth asking one of the satellite shops to have someone to come out and check the dish.

You have to keep calling them and have their workers come out and try to fix it. I used to have the satellite on the roof and always had problems. Then they moved it to my balcony and now it works a lot better.

But over time the wind and the rain blows it around and it is not lined up right and they need to come and make an adjustment. Good luck, just keep calling and hopefully they will be able to fix it. After all there is not really an alternative to their product, so what can we do if want good quality TV, nothing.

I pay 438 baht a month for the basic channel package. That's about what it's worth.

Many thanks to all of you for advice.

True lady said to take card out and put it back after 30 minutes. Also did what the techs usually do first, pulled the power plug and put it back in. While doing this one of the TV cables from the wall to the box fell apart and cannot be put back together again. The plastic hole where the brass pin goes in has been eroded and is much too big. I tried putting it back together as best I could but now I've got 'service is scrambled'.

When they were here 2 or 3 days ago they checked the satellite dish so I suppose that's OK.

Will call them today and also call head office in Bangkok and send a fax and generally try to give them as hard a time as they are giving me - and getting good money for it.

Phoned BKK and spoke with a very nice guy - not like the ladies in Pattaya who don't seem to know their asses from their elbows.

Tech will come on Monday and I will get a credit for all the days I have been without UBC/True.

Phoned BKK and spoke with a very nice guy - not like the ladies in Pattaya who don't seem to know their asses from their elbows.

Tech will come on Monday and I will get a credit for all the days I have been without UBC/True.

I would never dream of talking to the True people in Pattaya. I always phone the True helpline in Bangkok, and I am always spoken to very politely, in reasonable English, by helpful staff.

The same applies when I phone the technical help line for IPStar.

In fact, there have been occasions when staff from both companies have actually called me back to check if my problem has been solved.

I have read on numerous occasions about farangs tearing their hair out on these helplines, and I can only assume that they are being replied to in the same manner as the manner they adopted when addressing the operators. However annoying and frustrating your problem may be, it is not the direct fault of the the person answering the phone. In my experience, a bit of civility and politeness when speaking to people manning helplines will invariable pay dividends - as it would anywhere in the world. :o

Edited by Mobi

UBC/True always appear to be getting flak from disgruntled customers. remember the furore that arose when True took over the Premier League games from ESPN/Star ?? there were complaints flying everywhere on Thaivisa. End result FULL coverage (if you wish to pay for the top deal) and much better than ESPN/Star. Not many people after realising the difference bothered to retract their negative statements.

as for technical support, I here in BKK cannot fault them. I find them professional and very helpful.

I would never dream of talking to the True people in Pattaya. I always phone the True helpline in Bangkok, and I am always spoken to very politely, in reasonable English, by helpful staff.

The same applies when I phone the technical help line for IPStar.

In fact, there have been occasions when staff from both companies have actually called me back to check if my problem has been solved.

I have read on numerous occasions about farangs tearing their hair out on these helplines, and I can only assume that they are being replied to in the same manner as the manner they adopted when addressing the operators. However annoying and frustrating your problem may be, it is not the direct fault of the the person answering the phone. In my experience, a bit of civility and politeness when speaking to people manning helplines will invariable pay dividends - as it would anywhere in the world. :o

I am so civil and smarmy to begin with but when I get the run around I get tough and tougher. What else to do? Keep talking gentle and get nowhere ? At least I know now to get credits for days when system doesn't work (that info came from BKK office) and I can go have several beers on the proceeds.

BKK office took me through steps to try and rectify the problem while I was on the phone, Pattaya doesn't do that - they are absolutely useless and hopeless.

I've asked for the Pattaya boss' name but the ladies won't give so they have to take the flak. I would love to talk to whoever is above the manageress of the Pattaya set up.

Many thanks to all of you for advice.

True lady said to take card out and put it back after 30 minutes. Also did what the techs usually do first, pulled the power plug and put it back in. While doing this one of the TV cables from the wall to the box fell apart and cannot be put back together again. The plastic hole where the brass pin goes in has been eroded and is much too big. I tried putting it back together as best I could but now I've got 'service is scrambled'.

When they were here 2 or 3 days ago they checked the satellite dish so I suppose that's OK.

Will call them today and also call head office in Bangkok and send a fax and generally try to give them as hard a time as they are giving me - and getting good money for it.

From time to time my box just freezes on me for some unknown reason. All the buttons on the box freeze so I need to unplug it and then plug it in again....and then wait a while sometimes. These boxes are very temperamental.

I have had the same problem. Fault E48, followed by E52. Try this solution, which was given over the phone by a UBC advisor and worked last time the fault occurred.

Switch off and unplug the power supply to your UBC box.

Disconnect the signal cable from the back of the UBC box.

Reconnect the signal cable.

Reconect the power supply.

Go to 'Menu' on your UBC remote.

GO to 'Installation'.

Key in password 2321

Good luck.

Absolutely useless

I have finally cancelled the lot, i had UBC in 3 rooms and the boxes as said before were crap.

There is a sign at the traffic lights on the junction of Pattaya Dai and 3rd road. It says satellite tv for 7440 baht 300 channels, one payment thats it, anyone know or have this service.

I called the number but no answer, another con?

Norman

See your other thread!

We are in Asia, and as such the majority of the channels transmitted for free on the satellites visible from her are aimed at the native people of this region.

So of those 300 channels, some 200 are Indian, with another 90 spread over the interests of the other Asian countries (Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand,...) and the remaining 10 are the world channels of Western countries (DW, BVN, RAI, TV5, ETV, a few Russian ones, etc)

Premium content (movies, general interest such as Discovery, National Geographic etc) carry heavy copyright fees and as such are only available on Pay TV networks.

Unfortunately UBC (TrueVisions) has the sole broadcast rights for these channels over Thailand (and they do pay quite a bit for it), so no other providers are allowed to sell subscriptions over here!

There is a sign at the traffic lights on the junction of Pattaya Dai and 3rd road. It says satellite tv for 7440 baht 300 channels, one payment thats it, anyone know or have this service.

Norman

Look at their website and there's a list of the 300 channels. I bet you wouldn't want to watch a one of them.

If you have the space a 2m satellite dish from jsat may be the answer, it's about 30,000 baht to install though and again a one off payment.

Norman

Look at their website and there's a list of the 300 channels. I bet you wouldn't want to watch a one of them.

If you have the space a 2m satellite dish from jsat may be the answer, it's about 30,000 baht to install though and again a one off payment.

Would this be good for a condomium block - could it be relayed to all the units?

BTW, as I said elsewhere, UBC came fixed everything for me on Saturday so being tough with them probably did do the trick otherwise I would still be waiting.

Fixed the wonky cable to the box and a new thingy for the dish. From now on I will talk direct to BKK office and give the UBC Pattaya ladies a miss.

had similar problem...called True C.service in BKK , told me go to menu, code is 2321, then install software, 30 mins later all okay.......no doubt tonight just as Football Focus is about to start will go wrong again !!!! Must admit though they were very helpful in BKK.....like any call centre depends on picks up the phone and what sort of day they are having !!!