Flight to bkk

evander

Hey everyone,

I'm returning to Thailand in August from England, having spent 6 months in SE Asia last winter.  Is it possible to get into Thailand with a one-way air ticket.  Last time I went to Bkk, I spent over £500 on a return ticket from Manchester, and didn't use it for returning - as I travelled around for 6 months. This time I also hope to stay for maybe a year or more (possibly working), and therefore do not really want a return ticket.  A friend has told me that some operators will not let you board the plane to Bkk without an onward ticket from Thailand.   Is this true ?  

Appreciate any replies

Hello mate, Quantas/Phillipine Airlines/Garuda all have policies of not allowing passengers to check in, with a one way ticket, regardless of visa or proof of income.

I had the misfortune of being turned away a few years back, they suggested I buy a ticket out of Thailand to Penang, cost about £100, I did this at Heathrow, at the end of the trip (4 months) I managed to reclaim 80% as the ticket is unused.

The pisser is, when you go to immigration at Don Muang they rarely ever ask to see your return ticket, and apparently if you have a tourist visa ( 60 days ) you don't need one, the airlines are liable for your return fare if you get turned away in Thailand, thats why they are paranoid.

My brother has flown regularly with Thai Air on a one way, they just ask to see that he has sufficent funds for the trip ( Visa card is ok )

HTH

I have traveled in and out of Thailand for the last 10 years, and at no time have I have my ticket checked.

I normally buy my Thai Airways tickets in Singapore, therebuy saving a lot of money compared to buying the same ticket in Thailand, and then I can visit Singapore for free if I want to, or just trow the first ticket if I want to start the travel in Thailand. The ticket have full flexibility and can be changed how many times you want.

regards

Finn

www.kaysfeld.comMy Webpage

I'm not really sure what Kaysfeld is on about. Chonabot's on to it.

I want to leave the UK on a one way ticket, but don't want to turn up at the airport (Manchester) only to be told that I am not allowed to board the plane to Thailand because I don't have a return ticket.  I have been told by a friend that this may be the case.  If it is then i'll just have to get a return ticket.

Peace

ones i flight with british airways from frankfurt germany with a one year ticket but without any visa. so i must chance my returning date at the check-in-counter to a date during the next 30 days, because i did not have a second ticket for make it sure that i will leave thailand during the next 30 days whatever i promised that i will leave thailand soon on bordercrossing by land. then in bangkok i could change the day of return easy back to a something much more later day.

so the advice to buy a cheap ticket to a airport outside thailand and never used it, seems to be the best and the safest that they will let you one the plan with your onewayticket.

No problems with a one way air ticket if you have a Tourist visa "TR" (60 days), or better, a Non-Immigrant Visa for 90 days, the airline will not ask you for a return/forward ticket.

Just visit your nearest Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate before travelling to the Kingdom.

Book a flight through   www.airlinenetwork.co.uk    many of my friends do a one way ticket with KLM via amsterdam for a cost of about £288 and never once has anyone got stopped and questioned.

Mainly because the Dutch are much more liberal in many ways to the British (no offence to Brits I am one) so even if you do encounter a problem you've always got a couple of nights in Amsterdam to enjoy!!

Regards

Sev