Anyone Know Anything About The Yamaha Tzm/tzr, And Other 2 Strokes Available In Los?

submaniac

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see shop in BKK noi selling TZM 150 in all colors for 72000 baht.attachicon.gifIMG_20140723_113911.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140723_113911.jpg

Geez that was the original selling price in 2003!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think price is reasonable. They said it was more than 72 k thb ten years ago.

Also these are becoming vintage and hard to find one at 0 km so price is OK imo.

5 more years, you will either cannot find a new one or it will be 100 k thb.

Edited by ll2

It's ok if they have replaced things like hoses and Carb diaphragms. Also you have to factor in new tyres etc.

I would be worried about them changing the rules and banning 2t bikes.. I actually thought it was impossible to register 2t bikes now .. they do come with green books. Right?

Edited by casualbiker

I found these NOS Kawasaki 2 strokes at a Yamaha dealer in Sakon Nahkon.Refugees from the 97 crash.attachicon.gif2014-07-11-10-21-58_deco.jpgattachicon.gif2014-07-11-10-21-58_deco.jpgattachicon.gif2014-07-11-10-21-58_deco.jpgattachicon.gif2014-07-11-10-17-48_photo.jpgattachicon.gif2014-07-11-10-17-48_photo.jpg

Wow those look so interesting to me, and I'm not that far from Sakhon Nakon here in Sarakham. What's all that c**p hanging off them though? (I can't see because can't open your pics to larger size).

Any idea how much he's selling these for?

I was at the old Yamaha dealer in Phankon outside Sak Nak buying my new Tricity..I always ask about old bikes and the owners son showed me this old warehouse and these old Kawasaki 2 stokes

the Leo SRX is the more interesting of the bunch.Very fast in its day I'm told..The owner is looking to get back what he paid wholesale in the day which is mid 40000 baht..I offer 30000 no go.I understand they were expensive bikes back then.

It's ok if they have replaced things like hoses and Carb diaphragms. Also you have to factor in new tyres etc.

I would be worried about them changing the rules and banning 2t bikes.. I actually thought it was impossible to register 2t bikes now .. they do come with green books. Right?

The shop paid >58,000 baht 20 years ago and wouldnt budge on the price. You are dreaming if you think they will upgrade tires, hoses and seals. btw a lot of parts are no longer available such as caliper seals...

They (2 strokes) can 100% be registered and no they do not come with green books. They come with the proper paper work to obtain a green book. tax invoice company documents etc.

The shop paid >58,000 baht 20 years ago and wouldnt budge on the price. You are dreaming if you think they will upgrade tires, hoses and seals. btw a lot of parts are no longer available such as caliper seals...

They (2 strokes) can 100% be registered and no they do not come with green books. They come with the proper paper work to obtain a green book. tax invoice company documents etc.

yankee, your caliper seals are still in my mind. stopped by some shops around Worachak but they dont have. i know one more place to go but need time.

I think finding the whole rear caliper is the way. is it OK for you?

^^^^ both the front and rear brakes were badly contaminated and the master cylinder plunger would jam. I had to strip all the mc and calipers clean and reassemble.

I used all the old parts as I couldn't find new ones and the brakes are correct now. I really would like some spare parts but unless a new caliPer is priced right I will probably wait.

I just mentioned the thread, the shop was "discovered" by Yankee99

That Kawasaki Magnum ( 80cc??) is really nice. how much are they asking??

BTW TZR250 how was the trip to KK??

prices in Kk are ( were) better the TZM 150 I bought there ( in 2012) was 58K a friend of mine bought a TZM last november still 58K but.... sold out now.

Just landed in San Nak so haven't had a chance to get there yet..Prices at BKK noi shop are a little steep..I am very close to buying the Kaw 80 but at 42 K the price is a little steep and he won't budge..The Deltabox ZR 120 is also to my liking but at 50K also a bit much..Have spoken to the manager in KK he quoted me 30k for a new Belle R 89 model.Common like bike but nice looking..I'm just looking for something NOS to display in my living room.It won't be ridden.

There really is some interesting NOS bikes at the old bike shop in BKK noi that Dutchbike mentioned.

that shop is very very close to my house and the most interesting bike for me there is that kawa magnum 80 cc! They have other magnums there older models, no liquid cooling.

they have a red one too and 42 k thb for that bike is not that bad.

also a suzuki 150 cc old cross/enduro there which looks great but expensive they ask.

The red AR 80 has quite a few bad scratches..The blue one also but not too bad..They are good looking little bikes.Not many water cooled ones around..

yes, the red one was not in perfect condition. There was one magnum with no liquid cooling somewhat on that mess of bikes.

of course prefer the liquid cooled one.

it is a great bike for my 1 km food market trips! tempted really.

I want to add a NOS bike to my collection just not sure what to get.I now see through the members of this forum there are a few options available..This bike will remain at 0 km so won't be ridden..I have 2 reverse cylinder TZR 250s so don't really need a TZM..I like the Belle R but they are quite common.Anybody have any ideas?

I want to add a NOS bike to my collection just not sure what to get.I now see through the members of this forum there are a few options available..This bike will remain at 0 km so won't be ridden..I have 2 reverse cylinder TZR 250s so don't really need a TZM..I like the Belle R but they are quite common.Anybody have any ideas?

In KK there are several NOS Honda Dash,Yamaha Tiara (S),Deltabox Yamaha underbone (ZR120)Yamaha JR's

But all quite common ( well they used to be)

In a collectors point of view i would go for of those Kawasaki's AR's ( magnum)