Anyone Know Anything About The Yamaha Tzm/tzr, And Other 2 Strokes Available In Los?

submaniac

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dutchbike how tall are you? I am 6 feet tall tend to need a bigger bike. this bike is sounding interesting may look into it. The dealer will he be sending you your registration and plates to home.

No here in thailand you wil wake up for things like this,but they wil send.

And about your size no problem the bike its big enough.

buy then a unlimeted cdi, from lekcdi.com

Scheap and really good i drive around with these cdi alredy 3 years here.

Forgot about lekcid.com; see they now have proarm cdi. Anyone tried this? I sent them an email. Also they do 'valve NSR'; I asked them if that is replacement for servo, and if so, which NSR model.

buy then a unlimeted cdi, from lekcdi.com

Scheap and really good i drive around with these cdi alredy 3 years here.

Forgot about lekcid.com; see they now have proarm cdi. Anyone tried this? I sent them an email. Also they do 'valve NSR'; I asked them if that is replacement for servo, and if so, which NSR model.

I try this, your bike wil go more than 13500 rpm.

no replacement for servo all still be orginal ,only change cdi,and screw a litle on the air screw on your carb.

Yesterday i finally took my brand new TZM out for it's first ride, after given it a proper cleaning and waxing ( it needed that) At doing that not much revealed itself, just a bit of corrosion on the chrome bits of the footrests and 3 minor spots of corrossion on the front rim, ( sanding them and giving it a bit of paint to seal the alloy,did the job) The paintwork didn't even had any scratch, remarkble after 15 years of storing and moving around in that shop.

Well time to hit the road, a short ride ( 40 km) today, it started up with the first kick, only choke open, no throttle.

According to the instruction manual the first 500 km's max rpm 6000 then 500 untill 1000 km's max rpm 7000 and i want to stick to that , not easy and a bit of frustrating every time having to shift up just at the point the bike wants to go ( 6000rpm, the powervalve opens up at that rpm).

A few times i went a little bit higher: 7000 rpm, but i could hold myself not going higher, that first 1000 km's are going to be a very long 1000 km's. .

At around 5000 rpm's with very low throttle openening it was a bit stuttering, but opening the throttle a bit more and that was gone ( it wants more juice)

Temperature staying at the good range of the gauge, Clutch is very light, shifting up and down very smooth, brakes feeling ok, a bit soft front suspension ,riding position comfortable, it's a good sized bike for us farangs, about the same size then a ninja 250 cbr 250.bigger then the NSR sp ,

Back at home, a walk around reveals no problems, no fluids leaking .... good.

Before reaching the end of the run in period, i will replace the tires with fresh ones.

KRS1: topspeed up to now a whopping 100km/h @ 6000 rpm in 6th gear.giggle.gif

when you decide to purchase that last red/white TZM you can also store it at my place, no laughs here i'm seriuos.

Than top and speed wil hit your bike about 190 kmh.

With a Hand made exhoust 205 kmh

The TZM is frightening at high speeds. Like really scary. The thing is so light that the wind knocks you around, and you are afraid the bike may start flying. The brakes are not strong enough to slow you down quickly.

The TZM is frightening at high speeds. Like really scary. The thing is so light that the wind knocks you around, and you are afraid the bike may start flying. The brakes are not strong enough to slow you down quickly.

TRUE but if you are a really topend freak some brembo brakes make wonders.

Dutchbike how tall are you? I am 6 feet tall tend to need a bigger bike. this bike is sounding interesting may look into it. The dealer will he be sending you your registration and plates to home.

looks like your question is already anwsered clap2.gif

Well..... 6 feet that's 1mtr 80 cm's I'm a bit taller: 1mtr 86 cm's and the bike fits me fine.

The shop in Khon Kaen sends the plate and green book to my home, ( as shops normally do) it takes about 2 - 3 weeks

looks like your question is already anwsered clap2.gif

Well..... 6 feet that's 1mtr 80 cm's I'm a bit taller: 1mtr 86 cm's and the bike fits me fine.

The shop in Khon Kaen sends the plate and green book to my home, ( as shops normally do) it takes about 2 - 3 weeks

Thanks

Took my new TZM out today for it's second ride, a bit further now, destination: my own little "Isaan mountain"

Phanomrung Historical Park in Buriram province,(actually a nice site, when you're into old temples).

The park is located at the top of that little mountain and there are some nice twistie roads, just a few km's of road, but always good fun.going up and down and vice versa

During the ride still keeping the revs low max 6000 rpm and a few times 7000 rpm, but then it wants to goooooo...and that sound !!!!!

KRS1 topspeed now 110 km/h @ 6500 rpm in 6th gear. in theory that's +10 km with every 500 rpm's increase,ending up at 190 km/u @ 10.500rpm in 6th gear??? not bad for a 150.when it will reach a real speed of 170/175 i would be more then happy.

But topspeed isn't what this kind of bike is all about, it's the acceleration, the sound, and shifting up and down, on nice twistie roads.

It's sometimes nesscarry...., to reach those nice roads, some traveling on those staight boring busy roads has to be done but even on that kind of roads, it looks like the TZM will be a good bike ( it feels like a cruising speed of 120-140 will suit it very well).

It was not a very long ride (95 km's) but the seat feels comfy enough for much longer rides ( much better then my KLX which i start to "feel" at even shorter rides, also more comfortable then my NSR which is smaller then the TZM)

A small problem occured during this ride, the front brake getting softer with every braking and when i reached home, it almost didn't worked anymore ( it could have become a BIG problem, if i had to make an emergency stop)

There appeared to be no brake fluid leaking out of the brakecylinder or the brakeline and calliper, so i bleeded the brake and doing so renewed the brakefluid, the old brakefluid was really dirty and darkbrown ( i should have done that in the first place) After there only came out clean brakefluid the lever had a firm feeling and untill now still has, next up is the rearbrake.

I will keep an close eye on the brakes and if the problem returns will have to change some seals, ( brakecylinder/brakecaliper)

For the rest all is functioning as it should, the bike feels really crisp and clean.

I love this bike!!!

post-143096-0-01479700-1328715158_thumb.

post-143096-0-92470900-1328715792_thumb.

post-143096-0-25837100-1328718991_thumb.

Took my new TZM out today for it's second ride, a bit further now, destination: my own little "Isaan mountain"

Phanomrung Historical Park in Buriram province,(actually a nice site, when you're into old temples).

The park is located at the top of that little mountain and there are some nice twistie roads, just a few km's of road, but always good fun.going up and down and vice versa

During the ride still keeping the revs low max 6000 rpm and a few times 7000 rpm, but then it wants to goooooo...and that sound !!!!!

KRS1 topspeed now 110 km/h @ 6500 rpm in 6th gear. in theory that's +10 km with every 500 rpm's increase,ending up at 190 km/u @ 10.500rpm in 6th gear??? not bad for a 150.when it will reach a real speed of 170/175 i would be more then happy.

But topspeed isn't what this kind of bike is all about, it's the acceleration, the sound, and shifting up and down, on nice twistie roads.

It's sometimes nesscarry...., to reach those nice roads, some traveling on those staight boring busy roads has to be done but even on that kind of roads, it looks like the TZM will be a good bike ( it feels like a cruising speed of 120-140 will suit it very well).

It was not a very long ride (95 km's) but the seat feels comfy enough for much longer rides ( much better then my KLX which i start to "feel" at even shorter rides, also more comfortable then my NSR which is smaller then the TZM)

A small problem occured during this ride, the front brake getting softer with every braking and when i reached home, it almost didn't worked anymore ( it could have become a BIG problem, if i had to make an emergency stop)

There appeared to be no brake fluid leaking out of the brakecylinder or the brakeline and calliper, so i bleeded the brake and doing so renewed the brakefluid, the old brakefluid was really dirty and darkbrown ( i should have done that in the first place) After there only came out clean brakefluid the lever had a firm feeling and untill now still has, next up is the rearbrake.

I will keep an close eye on the brakes and if the problem returns will have to change some seals, ( brakecylinder/brakecaliper)

For the rest all is functioning as it should, the bike feels really crisp and clean.

I love this bike!!!

I love this bike!!!

But dutchie my tzm with new valve system hit 200 exact.

Chek your valve 175 its to slow

Hi Dutchbike could you let me know how high the tachometer (RPM's) gauge goes?

I love this bike!!!

But dutchie my tzm with new valve system hit 200 exact.

Chek your valve 175 its to slow

I'm still running her in, so no topspeed measurments yet ( she's new remember)

i'm just assuming that the real ( not indicated) topspeed will be around 175, those stock speedometers can excacurate quite a lot.

After the first 1000 km´s i will do some measurments with GPS.

b.t.w. that´s one serious looking NSR.... upsidedown fork, impressive brakes......very nice i guess that guy can make nice stoppies with it.

when´s the next event of that 2 stroke club?? should be a nice site, a few dozen of those screamers going out on a ride.

Hi Dutchbike could you let me know how high the tachometer (RPM's) gauge goes?

I was mistaken the redline starts at 11.500 rpm not 10.500 rpm the gauge goes to 13.000 rpm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys!

Sorry for a stupid question, but where in Bangkok I can buy a cheap Yamaha TZM, Honda CBR or something like this? I read in this thread, that someone bought a bike for 5000-8000 THB, I want too. :)

May be dealers with second hand bikes, or bike owner's clubs, etc? Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you!

Hi 2 stroke lovers.

I have a tzm 150 ycls to sell.

Its a totall origenal bike with al parts origenal and new valve system ,the bilts i have .

Its a first owner bike, have 41400 on the clock.

The bike its fast,and starts without no choke.

Its have a few small skraches but thats its.

I changes the bearings.

But the bike its compleet ,no missing nothink.

For the prices please pm me.

post-149069-0-01569300-1329878387_thumb.

post-149069-0-23954500-1329878464_thumb.

post-149069-0-27443200-1329878639_thumb.

post-149069-0-73445700-1329878684_thumb.

post-149069-0-41239600-1329878782_thumb.

post-149069-0-71429100-1329878821_thumb.

post-149069-0-29568900-1329878856_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 2 stroke lovers.

Its a totall origenal bike with al parts origenal and new valve system ,the bilts i have .

I changes the bearings.

NO people interested????

Hi 2 stroke lovers.

I changes the bearings.

NO people interested????

all time wasters and tyre kickers around here mate ,just ask roban ,he'l tell ya :)

Hi 2 stroke lovers.

I changes the bearings.

NO people interested????

all time wasters and tyre kickers around here mate ,just ask roban ,he'l tell ya smile.png

What other peopel says about time wasters and tyre kickers,i dont care.

Its my hobby to work with 2 strokers,and here on this forum i sold manny bikes,so there its for me no problem.

A friend of mine had a Yamaha 250cc two stroke. I don't remember the model but it was light and very fast. I rode it to a 7-11 a couple of kilometers away and was VERY impressed. You would have to be very careful power shifting into 2nd gear.

A friend of mine had a Yamaha 250cc two stroke. I don't remember the model but it was light and very fast. I rode it to a 7-11 a couple of kilometers away and was VERY impressed. You would have to be very careful power shifting into 2nd gear.

its indipent about the sprokets sizes.