Feedback - Singapore Thai Embassy & Visas

Hello

Just to feedback some info - I recently (2 weeks ago) visited the Thai Embassy in Singapore to get a Multiple Non-Immigrant Type B Visa. Complete with all my correct documents, dressed smartly etc.

A very polite lady told me that as of two months ago, they had received instructions that they were no longer to issue multiple entry visas and could only uissue single entry ones. I asked if this was the same all over South East Asia and also Europe. She told me yes...

I am intruiged to find out if this is really the case.... or if it's just Singapore? Has anyone else recently been issued with a MULTIPLE Non Imm B Visa? IF so, from which country??

I would be particularly interested to hear if Penang has recemtly issued any to anybody? Otherwise, any Embassies in the UK or Australia?

Thanks in advance.

The embassy in Singapore has always been a stickler for the rules

with a strict interpretation thereof.

Malaysia, particularly Penang is still the better bet.

Edited by astral

Ah, thanks all for your input. It's really interesting to read. This forum is a great place to share experiences and information!

Has anybody else got anymore recent experience in being issued with a Non Immigrant Type B MULTIPLE entry since mid July? As according to Singpoore lady this is when "the instructions came!"

I just wonder that now I have a NON- Imm Type B Single entry from Singapore, when this expires, if I next go to Penang for a Non-Imm Type B Multiple Entry will, they issue me with one without a work permit?!@ Bearing in mind the comments:-

I have a client who obtained a one-year multiple entry Class B visa at Penang consulate in mid-July. He had a work permit, and they said this made a difference. Without the work permit, they would not have given him a one-year visa.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Ho hum!