Breakfast Sukhumvit Bangkok

loytoy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I get a good breakfast Sukhumvit area?

The Dubliner near to Washington Square, is by far the best, if you you have a good appetite :o

It all depends what sort of breakfast you want.

If it's the English fry-up you can't go past Dubliners or Bulls Head. Gullivers is ok, but not that big. Another good option is the Winking Frog on soi 7.

For an American breakfast (and the best eggs benedict in town), try Bourbon Street in Washington Square.

For something lighter, Crepes and Co on (i think) soi 8 or 10 does a good brunch menu.

Apologies for diversifying but wheres the best steak in sukhumvit?

Depends on your budget.

If cost is not a factor, then the 2 best places are The Rib Room (top of the Landmark hotel) or my favourite the New York Steakhouse in the Marriott Hotel.

The best "cheaper" place is on Soi 4 called Steak One or something similar (left hand side 200yds on left, coming from Sukhumvit)

Apologies for diversifying but wheres the best steak in sukhumvit?

As a rule of thumb, the bigger and more prestigious the establishment is,

the more people involved in the process of delivering that steak to you,

the more likely it is that someone will drop it or spit in it along the way.

Enjoy your meal.

Edited by Robski

Well I didn't log in to to find my way to a restaurant in Bangkok... :o

The rule of thumb comes from 'Down and out in Paris and London' and has always served me well.

That's a book by the way.

Edited by Robski

ok Robski....now I understand. Never heard of it before. My wife and I are spending one night in Bangkok before heading up to Korat and we had already decided to have a good steak and having seen this op's topic made me think of where to get it. Once again apologies to the poster for hijacking his post. And thanks to Jackndanny for their recomendations.

For an American breakfast (and the best eggs benedict in town), try Bourbon Street in Washington Square.

I'm a fan of Bourbon Street and it does seem to have the best American breakfast in Bangkok, but American breakfasts in Bangkok are over-priced and not very good.

Art Cafe and Bake and Bite in Chiang Mai have much better and much cheaper breakfasts and a lot more choice than anywhere in Bangkok (other than a buffet). Much better Egg's Benedict too!

The best "cheaper" place is on Soi 4 called Steak One or something similar (left hand side 200yds on left, coming from Sukhumvit)

Steak One closed down about 6 months ago. :D

WOW, thats a surprise, it was always a decent place to 'fill up' prior to visiting Nana :D

6 months? Just goes to show what a clean living ,boring fart ,Ive become :o

It was a favorite of mine too. The sign out front said the landlord wouldn't renew the lease. :o

the hilary bar 2 next door people told me that they are losing their lease as well. I heard rumors of a Foodland going in there; that is on topic too because if a foodland goes in there then that will be the top place for breakfast, even better than the soi 5 foodland, currently the #1 breakfast stop in all of thailand

Edited by I Go With You

It was a favorite of mine too. The sign out front said the landlord wouldn't renew the lease. :D

the hilary bar 2 next door people told me that they are losing their lease as well. I heard rumors of a Foodland going in there; that is on topic too because if a foodland goes in there then that will be the top place for breakfast, even better than the soi 5 foodland, currently the #1 breakfast stop in all of thailand

You must be easily pleased, else you are totally p!ssed out of your head when you eat there. Its adequate at best, but you cannot compare it with the likes of the Dubliner :o

Have to agree with what most people have said.

English Breakfast - Dubliner on Suhumvit is easily the best IMO, but you need a big appatite to finish it. Winkinh Frog Soi 7 as Bendix said is more than ample, and Black Swan at Asoke is pretty reasonable to. I also quite lie the breakfast in Soi 8.

Gullivers, is pretty average and foodland soi 5, is far from the finest breafast in Thailand, although it's bloody cheap.

Steaks, I'd say Marriot is better than Rib Room in the Landmark, which I have found to be highly overated.

Sure you will enjoy that Dubliner breakfast though, which has now got me thinking......

The Dubliner food is very good, but sometimes it feels a little dark and dead in there for breakfast. When the weather is cool, Hanrahans is good as you can sit outside and the food there is fantastic too.

For something lighter than the big English breakfast recomend Crepes & Co, nice ambience outside, and Kuppa also for atmosphere and location.