Out Of The Way!

Greenside

Pretty scary to glance in your mirror to see this beast bearing down on you ....

245972322-XL.jpg

....and then to realise that no, the driver really can't see anything out of the windscreen except for the small patch directly in front of him!

245967507-XL.jpg

This was one of three seen in Bosang, near Chiang Mai at the weekend and depressing as it is to believe, they do drive them around with that level of visibility (not to mention the Stadium Size sound system in the back).

Thats not a truck, it's a weapon of mass destruction!

It's not a truck, it's a 30 seater bus (and a weapon of mass destruction) :o

PS And in case you were wondering, it's a Nissan, and probably runs on diesel.... :D

Edited by Greenside

Look on the bright side (no pun intended). At least he'll be visible to other drivers, even those on the other side of the globe! If he's in the oncoming lane, you may need a welder's mask to avoid being blinded.

I'd hate to be riding in that thing and having to listen to country music at 300 decibles. :o

All these lights are illegal, I wonder how that goes with the police. Who keeps them at bay? Driver? His company?

My girlfriend talked to some of the guys hanging around while I was taking the pictures and says they told her that he gets stopped almost every time he's out but pays the 500bht fine and just carries on. Apparantly the buses (there are three of them like this) are a big hit with the kids.

The next time someone says you look like the back of a bus, think of this...

246105465-L.jpg

I didn't see any cameras amongst this lot but I suppose that's not too much of a surprise.

Just to complete the thread, here are the pictures of the inside. It gave me a headache just being in there when the bus was standing empty let alone with the lights and those giant speakers blasting out while the tunnel vision driver does 120kph down the highway.

246102016-XL.jpg

Upstairs facing forward....

246101968-L.jpg

....and aft (why would those speakers be pointing backwards?). Pass the Advil.

Edited by Greenside

see these buses pass by us on the superhighway. especially during long weekends. dam_n bloody loud music in there man. wonder how they sit in there long hours being blasted with loud techno music.

the driver must be called "DJ_Bus_Baa"