Thai Wife Extension In Pattaya

I got my first 1 Year extension for being married with a Thai National in 2005. Extended it in 2006 with 400000 in the Bank, no problems.

Started working with WP (50000 monthly income) in October 2006.

Went to Immigration last Year with documentation of income, got turned down as they required a full Year of income, so I have been told. But they told me I can apply again with 400000 in Bank, which I did. This Money did neither come directly from abroad, nor was it in the account 3 Month, I just upped the Bank with with whatever was necessary to get comfortably over 400000.

I was granted the extension after 30 Days.

Now my Extension ends later next month, and I am trying to find out what my options are.

I would prefer to use the Bank Book method again, but I won't be able to show the three month. Does Pattaya Imm require the 3 Month on the third Extension?

Or would it be better to go the income way?

I would prefer the Money in Bank route as I might stop working later this Year, and might run into a problem with the Grandfathering later.

Someone has first or reliable second hand information about the way Pattaya Immigration in Jomtien currently deals with the issue?